This story should be front page news - FEDS going after Rent Price Fixers

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Why aren't bigger outlets running this?
No financial incentive for Local News Outlets. And I wouldn't be surprised if there was corporate resistance for national outlets.
Yeah a lot of these local news outlets are owned by ABC(Disney), Fox, NBC, CBS(Viacom), etc.

Kasper KArr

Go-getter from the Lower East Side
Daps
I defend myself and others against direct danger no matter the consequences. You are not gone speak to me on some "it would be a shame if someone went to see your mother" and live to tell whoever put the battery in your back. Maybe I don't survive thru that situation, but it's gonna go left every single time.
G shyt. I respect it.

quick question…were you ever bullied in your life?

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Yeah a lot of these local news outlets are owned by ABC(Disney), Fox, NBC, CBS(Viacom), etc.
i think you meant Sinclair

those smaller stations tend to be 'affiliates' as in theyre given rights to rebroadcast what say, ABC shows. so your local ABC13 news isnt really ABC. more than likely its Sinclair owned, Network affiliated. its confusing.

Cool story… but dap up a nikka who call himself “snuggles”? Nah, I’m cool :huhldup:
doesnt your own description say 'silky smooth' tho

:patrice:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This was fairly obvious that some kind of collusion was going on, just most people don't have access to all the data to put the complete picture together. I get neighborhood demand spikes within a municipality, but most US cities aren't growing, or at least growing to the point new construction or intra-neighborhood movement wouldn't offset it 9 times out of 10.

These nikkas raised rent 50% in 8 years...fukk profit, why the fukk would any conglomerate think that was sustainable? Why would they think that wouldn't raise any red flags.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
G shyt. I respect it.

quick question…were you ever bullied in your life?
I fought the hood/barber shop/hallway bully every single time any of the focus was sent my way. Id roast, you can cook me and I'll laugh along, but as soon as shyt gets disrespectful I'll give a warning and I'm swinging if that's not respected.

Only happened 3 times, 2 times was the same person. That nikka Blood/Victor. Other nikka was a big ass nikka named Robert who played QB at Bishop Gallagher throwing to Braylon Edwards (WR who was a first round pick). I didn't win all 3 lol, but all that extra talk shyt didn't exist after that. Except for Blood 🤣, that nikka was a habitual button presser.

We are on good terms now but long story short, one of his mans that I was close to killed my right hand man's right in front of me and the whole neighborhood. My nikka Tyrie pissed on his mans car on July 3rd 2007, nikkas BBQing on Buckingham, corner house. At least 150 people bouncing from the store to the corner house. Store was only yards away. Wayne was driving thru, him and Tyrie never liked each other, Ree was drunk, started clowning him and ended up pissing on his Caprice. Wayne pulled off, Ree was strapped of course. Like 5 minutes later, nobody paying attention, Wayne pulled back up and hit Ree twice in the head from his car. shyt devastated me for years.

From what I've heard, Blood was questioned about it and most of us think he is the one that told on his own mans. Though that could have been anybody since 150 people saw it. We spoke after that shyt happened and he was fukked up by it too, he was good wit Tyrie and breh was feeling fukked up. We kicked it for a while night randomly. I thought that nikka was trying to kill me at first cause he randomly swooped up on me like "get in, it's important". I was strapped so I was good if he was on bullshyt lol.

We was good after that night. I ain't seen bro since then, and that time was before the hood was saying he told the law what happened.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I don't have any great illusions about "justice" or even the power of antitrust lawsuits, a lot of this can be settled with a deferred prosecution agreement and a settlement, and under a different administration would maybe even entirely be collapsed, after Courtland hires Abbe Lowell or someone like that to lobby Justice on their behalf.

but it does expose the practice in pretty bare terms. But corporations are going to do this either way.

and also this is our country and our business practices. The stories about Rubio's and Red Lobster aren't much different in how the businesses operate. I could see myself doing these same plays. So much money involved.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
This was fairly obvious that some kind of collusion was going on, just most people don't have access to all the data to put the complete picture together. I get neighborhood demand spikes within a municipality, but most US cities aren't growing, or at least growing to the point new construction or intra-neighborhood movement wouldn't offset it 9 times out of 10.

These nikkas raised rent 50% in 8 years...fukk profit, why the fukk would any conglomerate think that was sustainable? Why would they think that wouldn't raise any red flags.
Because these same people expect and try to fund Trump taking over the government and making sure they have a powerful spot reserved in dictatorship.

Every single function of news, law, government, real estate, ect are loosely working together to install a dictatorship. If things go well and Dems don't let these people who should be luxury wooden box models for treasonous Americans take the country over, their whole movement will crash.

I just hope we are given the rights as civilians to eliminate that shyt from the country.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
I fought the hood/barber shop/hallway bully every single time any of the focus was sent my way. Id roast, you can cook me and I'll laugh along, but as soon as shyt gets disrespectful I'll give a warning and I'm swinging if that's not respected.

Only happened 3 times, 2 times was the same person. That nikka Blood/Victor. Other nikka was a big ass nikka named Robert who played QB at Bishop Gallagher throwing to Braylon Edwards (WR who was a first round pick). I didn't win all 3 lol, but all that extra talk shyt didn't exist after that. Except for Blood 🤣, that nikka was a habitual button presser.

We are on good terms now but long story short, one of his mans that I was close to killed my right hand man's right in front of me and the whole neighborhood. My nikka Tyrie pissed on his mans car on July 3rd 2007, nikkas BBQing on Buckingham, corner house. At least 150 people bouncing from the store to the corner house. Store was only yards away. Wayne was driving thru, him and Tyrie never liked each other, Ree was drunk, started clowning him and ended up pissing on his Caprice. Wayne pulled off, Ree was strapped of course. Like 5 minutes later, nobody paying attention, Wayne pulled back up and hit Ree twice in the head from his car. shyt devastated me for years.

From what I've heard, Blood was questioned about it and most of us think he is the one that told on his own mans. Though that could have been anybody since 150 people saw it. We spoke after that shyt happened and he was fukked up by it too, he was good wit Tyrie and breh was feeling fukked up. We kicked it for a while night randomly. I thought that nikka was trying to kill me at first cause he randomly swooped up on me like "get in, it's important". I was strapped so I was good if he was on bullshyt lol.

We was good after that night. I ain't seen bro since then, and that time was before the hood was saying he told the law what happened.
Breh is living in The Wire: Detroit

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Large landlords and private equity firms are working together to keep rent prices high. They use algorithmic software such as RealPage to artificially keep rent prices high and avoid competing with each other for tenants. If we were a competent country, this would be front page news everywhere.

good

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
all that "the market can bare it" shyt when rent was being raised for no reason :stopitslime:. Especially during covid.

Greed has consistently been a cause of empire's falls time and time again throughout history, but these mufukkaz just can't help themselves