This story should be front page news - FEDS going after Rent Price Fixers

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Why aren't bigger outlets running this?

Why can't I find more about this on bigger and more reputable news sites?
Thoma Bravo :pacspit: they own alot of cloud computing and software companies that run ads and sell software for analytics for marketing....they not gonna blow the spot up.

They own a software company in my area that somewhat recently did mass layoffs and displaced a bunch of workers, folks were scrambling to get remote work posting resumes everywhere. It actually did have an effect on the local housing market because folks were putting up their inner suburban homes for sale.

I just checked RealPage again and they price fixing in all the new development areas in Cleveland, I've been in some of those apartments downtown and for THIS market they're trash, you paying $1800 a month and there's random shootings and armed robberies going down outside your "luxury" apartment

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
San Fran about to have a WNBA team.....how the fukk are the rookies gonna live there on 75k a season? :dahell:
My guess is that it'll work similar to BAH in the military, where the WNBA will cover their housing if they make under a certain amount, e.g., 125K.

Or the team will cover their rent if they provide a valid lease.

They'll probably get the money from the NBA.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
At a glance it seems like some random company that is screwing over some random people in another city, but you can put your zip code into their website and see what buildings they own near you:

fukkers manage a spot a block from me, and about 20 buildings throughout my neighborhood :snoop:

Edit: @SnugglesDaBear you might wanna drop the link in the first post so people can check their zip code

:skip: You are definitely right

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
My theory is they have been losing money in the commercial real estate market since Covid so they are trying to get the profits in the residential market.
It's blatant

And why it's been allowed is disgusting

Residential property should not be a playground for these private equity firms and other corporations. The Rich have enough avenues to inflate their wallets

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This negro is for sure on multiple watchlists. :salute: Godspeed to you
@DetroitEWarren like
s-l1200.jpg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yooooo this is DOPE. FBI doing the lords work with this one!

Finally my tax dollars paying for something I can be proud of. :salute:

wow the country finally doing something for its owns citizens.

Yeah, this is a BIG deal. If it works out (that's a big if) this could be one of the top things the government could do to stave off rent increases nationwide.

One shytty aspect is that the genie is already out of the bottle though. They've been using the algorithms and collusion to jack up rents for 7 years now. Even if all the RealPage users get hemmed up, someone is either going to start distributing software under-the-table or doing their best to mimic the software in-house, even if they're only guessing based on past experience.

The only way to really stop this shyt is to breakup the massive property owners across the board and THEN enforce anti-collusion measures dramatically.

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, this is a BIG deal. If it works out (that's a big if) this could be one of the top things the government could do to stave off rent increases nationwide.

One shytty aspect is that the genie is already out of the bottle though. They've been using the algorithms and collusion to jack up rents for 7 years now. Even if all the RealPage users get hemmed up, someone is either going to start distributing software under-the-table or doing their best to mimic the software in-house, even if they're only guessing based on past experience.

The only way to really stop this shyt is to breakup the massive property owners across the board and THEN enforce anti-collusion measures dramatically.

DARE I believe that if Biden gets a second term he'll try to push through at least SOME of the things he promised?

I fell for this so many times before but this shyt makes me want to believe so bad... :mjcry:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
My theory is they have been losing money in the commercial real estate market since Covid so they are trying to get the profits in the residential market.
Brother

theyve been doing this since the 2008 economic collapse.

The algorithm put fuel on the fire.