Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
breh you are a hypocrite

you either support stealing or you dont

you either a thief or youre not

its really that simple...

most if not all of you nikkas are thieves casting stones at another thief :snoop:

but in your mind youre a different type of thief huh? :laff:

:ld: cmon breh cognitive dissonance is always at play. i can make a case as to why kain is doing much worse jackin than i am d/l music (and you could do vice versa to me). Look all i want is ppl to see the bigger picture with regards to cosigning this type of behavior. Kain wasn't just jackin jokes he was stealing personality/essence the shyt we each pride ourselves on developing from failures/embarassing moments. Look u don't have to be a patrice fan but understand if he jacked from him what's stopping him from jacking from you? I kno it might sound overly dramatic but a bully doesn't take ur lunch once and thank you they'll do it till they exhaust said source and move on. u might not feel like u should care but what abt the next up and coming dude who thinks "damn, kain jacked patrice and ppl are still showing him love?what chance do i got being original?is my material safe?" or even worse "damn, kain jacked patrice and he still got love...i should jack stan jones shyt and k.i.m"

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
In the business of entertainment, people steal, reinvent, remix, or "pay homage" all the time. I'm not understanding why there is an angry mob mentality, like the one Kain described in his response video, to this. It really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Ok, he bit here and there. I'm sure while he was doing his videos, the thought didn't cross his mind about leaving a disclaimer on his inspirations. And it's hard to differentiate because a lot of the topics Patrice talked about are very relatable.

Again, it's really not that big of a deal, considering Kain still has very funny material otherwise, and especially considering that majority of the people in this faux outrage are most likely some of the biggest Jay-Z stans. :smh: The irony...

But at the end of the day, people are sheep and they just have to be mad at someone and something.

"Fire shots at the shepherd and watch the sheep scatter"

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
There is a huge difference breh. Pirating (music, movies, games etc) has shown to not have any detrimental economic effect because those people who are pirating the material wouldn't have purchased that material anyway, and actually, some studies has shown pirating is beneficial because folks will download something and see if they like it and then they will make a purchase based on if they enjoyed the experience or not. Kain plagiarized and PROFITED from stealing Patrice's material. Patrice's family is struggling financially, the least he could do is send them some $$ to make things right.
:heh:

This is a load of bullshyt. You got quality artists struggling to go gold nowadays versus a time when everyone was going plat in the 90's, and you wanna say pirating hasn't had a negative economic effect on the industry?!

:mindblown:

"Those pirating the material wouldn't have purchased that material anyway"

^^^Piss poor excuse. It's still stealing in its essence.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh:

This is a load of bullshyt. You got quality artists struggling to go gold nowadays versus a time when everyone was going plat in the 90's, and you wanna say pirating hasn't had a negative economic effect on the industry?!

:mindblown:

"Those pirating the material wouldn't have purchased that material anyway"

^^^Piss poor excuse. It's still stealing in its essence.

people stopped going platinum after the payola scandal, when record companies had to be much more careful about buying their own records and bribing dj's to play their shyt, so the current downturn in sales can't just be blamed on people pirating music.

anyways, as far as kain carter is concerned, he is young and ambitious and he fukked up. what he did was a mistake, but i still see no reason to crucify this guy, because he has lots and lots of material out, some of it is very creative and a lot of it is much funnier than the few videos where he is "referencing"/"plagiarizing"/"stealing" from patrice. so i really see no reason for this shyt storm and crucifying him. tell him :ufdup: and move the fukk on. plus, this dante guys is doing basically the same thing. he was a fukking sidekick to patrice and all he did during the black phillip show was suck up to him and co-sign what he said. now he is talking about they developed this philosophy together and yadayada, when in reality he is milking this shyt for publicity. fukk him.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Really liked some of the guys material. Can't condone and never will condone something like this, however. Damn shame.

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Kain wasn't just jackin jokes he was stealing personality/essence the shyt we each pride ourselves on developing from failures/embarassing moments.

This is how I feel exactly. I listened to Patrice and was a fan for about 3 years before he passed, hearing him talk, develop his act and his viewpoint over that time slowly but surely. Develop a thought, chip away at it for hours on stage or on the radio and hear a polished version a year or two after the initial spark of the idea. It was :blessed:. He not only crafted his points he crafted counter-points, and counters to those counters until he had a solid viewpoint and a solid chunk of stand-up / comedy like Elephant in the Room or Black Philip.

Then a guy hears this, and says it word for word. Not only does that throw "originality" in the bushes, it throws the years of work it took to get to that final product out the bushes.

Without sounding too over the top and in the memory of Patrice I'll use an analogy; it would be like a scientist working for years on a cure and finally cracking it and having no backing to mass produce it. Then instead of a multinational company hiring him, giving him his outlet and his chance to produce it, they just copy his life's work and say "Well, it doesn't matter who figured it out, we have the cure right? Thanks for the Nobel Prize :ld:"

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:ld: cmon breh cognitive dissonance is always at play. i can make a case as to why kain is doing much worse jackin than i am d/l music (and you could do vice versa to me). Look all i want is ppl to see the bigger picture with regards to cosigning this type of behavior. Kain wasn't just jackin jokes he was stealing personality/essence the shyt we each pride ourselves on developing from failures/embarassing moments. Look u don't have to be a patrice fan but understand if he jacked from him what's stopping him from jacking from you? I kno it might sound overly dramatic but a bully doesn't take ur lunch once and thank you they'll do it till they exhaust said source and move on. u might not feel like u should care but what abt the next up and coming dude who thinks "damn, kain jacked patrice and ppl are still showing him love?what chance do i got being original?is my material safe?" or even worse "damn, kain jacked patrice and he still got love...i should jack stan jones shyt and k.i.m"
stop it breh

Kains personality has always been the same way before he took a few jokes from Patrice

dude has hours of material on his channel and only about 5 mins of it is from patrice and like others have already said his other shyt is way fumier then the shyt he bit from patrice

you can be mad he stole but stop making shyt up trying to act like he stole patrice whole persona....talking bout he stole his essence :childplease:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
stop it breh

Kains personality has always been the same way before he took a few jokes from Patrice

dude has hours of material on his channel and only about 5 mins of it is from patrice and like others have already said his other shyt is way fumier then the shyt he bit from patrice

you can be mad he stole but stop making shyt up trying to act like he stole patrice whole persona....talking bout he stole his essence :childplease:

breh, i didn't even know cain was around in 09. first video i saw was one where he's using patrice material. one of his first videos to actually go viral, actually. so i understand y'all belief it's only a drop in the bucket, but that shyt is what really started his "career"

to another point, we only know what he's been caught stealing. for all we know, the majority of his shyt has been jacked from obscure resources. that's the problem with being a joke theft. a lot of people will look at his content sideways now, wondering if he jacked this material from someone else.

Waka FICO Flamez

Bricksquad Monopoly
Daps
Just watched the clips and this dude is shamelessly biting the material. I mean its even more disgusting because patrice material is knowledge dropping not just random jokes so it comes off like super duper levels of biting. Then ol boy presenting it like these thoughts just came to his mind will he in the bathroom ...dude should have his comedy career crash and burn as a result

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
stop it breh

:manny: like i said cognitive dissonance, we can go back and forth but i'll feel how i feel and you'll feel how you feel.

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
Can't the EXACT same logic be applied to what Kain did? Now Patrice's name is back in the streets, and people who probably wouldn't fukk with Patrice might buy some of his standup?

And all that shyt you typed is straight garbage unless you tell me you, personally do not have a SINGLE song on your computer that you would never have normally bought? You, just like Kain, stole intellectual property. And you, just like Kain are trying to explain it away. The only difference is Kain's story is SOMEWHAT believable considering how many video's he's put up. You on the other hand just don't wanna pay for shyt. Now I ain't knocking you for getting shyt for free, but don't use situational ethics breh.

nikka, what's the detrimental economic effect to Patrice O'Neal? Unless you mean to tell me because Kain bit some of his material, money that would have went to Patrice's family went to Kain Carter instead?

And are you really gonna try to tell me if Kain didn't make a single penny from those videos where he bit Patrice, you'd go from fukk Kain :pacspit: to I don't see what the big deal is :manny:

LMAO y'all nikkas don't even believe the bullshyt you're writing.

This post makes a lot of sense :leon: With that said if people wanna stop fukking with Kain because of this, so be it, and Kains excuse was lame btw.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
:dead: at dude who said that "every comic steals jokes"....so according to the news and media outlets every 'black person is a criminal'? GTFOH!

Patrice's comedy/philosophy was shaped by real life experiences. He was shaped by the ups and downs of trying to make it big, trying to deal with fake hollywood types, trying to be righteous in a world where having a semblance of honesty, loyalty and integrity meant you are fool. Dude battled with depression and thoughts of killing himself ( not to mention the rape drama in his youth and not having a pops) but seemed to overcome that shyt by going on stage or being with his homies not really telling jokes but venting ( comedic therapy). For someone to take that and not only jack it verbatim for laughs or views is scary man. Because it takes away from the essence of what patrice was trying to get across to those who listened to him. Understand you can be influenced by someone, but in itself you are then meant to take what influenced you and improve on it while paying true homage to it, Kain did neither.
Well said :salute: