This Motherfukker is stealing jokes from Patrice O'Neal

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
bump

people JUST now finding out about this on social media and the interwebs as a whole

AMY SCHUMER CALLED OUT FOR STEALING PATRICE O’NEAL JOKES, VIDEO SURFACES

Screen-shot-2015-10-19-at-2.14.45-PM.png

Patrice O’neal jokes are no stranger to being borrowed from time to time, especially since his passing in 2011. Following the recent premiere of her newest comedy special, Amy Schumer has now been accused of stealing material from Patrice. Towards the ending of Amy Schumer Live At The Appollo, her closing joke sounded familiar to some in which they quickly compared it to a series of jokes from O’Neal back in 2006/2007. One fan in particular dug up some footage of O’neal at Just For Laughs and mashed his performance with Amy, causing more questions. Is this just a coincidence? Did she think we wouldn’t catch that?

The joke at hand sounds very similar as they both refer to different sexual activities, but use slightly different names to describe each position. Amy has yet to respond to the accusations at hand.

Amy Schumer Called Out For Stealing Patrice O'neal Jokes, Video Surfaces - ComedyHype.Com | Comedy ReFueled

:scust:

:martin:

:snoop:

:francis:

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Not really feeling like defending Schumer at all because I dont find her that funny and Patrice is damn near my favorite comedian of all time. But I'm pretty sure Patrice himself said he didnt come up with every one of those (the same jokes have been around for a while) If anything the difference between him & Amy telling similar jokes shows how much better and more natural comedian he was.

Even Dante & Jim Norton were defending her (same thing with Colin Quinn)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...tl_objid.10153119846857341&refid=17&__tn__=,;

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Not really feeling like defending Schumer at all because I dont find her that funny and Patrice is damn near my favorite comedian of all time. But I'm pretty sure Patrice himself said he didnt come up with every one of those (the same jokes have been around for a while) If anything the difference between him & Amy telling similar jokes shows how much better and more natural comedian he was.

Even Dante & Jim Norton were defending her (same thing with Colin Quinn)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153119846857341&id=14285152340&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10153119846857341:tl_objid.10153119846857341&refid=17&__tn__=,;

yes, those jokes have been around since middle school(at least to my recollection)
they are part of the popular imagination.

here's my problem with it though
she basically presented the bit in the EXACT same way and just changed a few words around

there's tons of similar jokes about sex acts, she couldn't pick different ones than the ones Patrice used?

that's lazy as fukk
and it's biting

she couldn't even be bothered to switch the order of the sex acts, she laid it out just like Patrice did

how do you justify that?

can you not comprehend why people would give her the side-eye?
stealing a dead man's bit and having the audacity to perform it at the APOLLO??

it's not so much about the content, it's about the way she swagger-jacked dude
it's disgusting

but of course she'll get a pass cuz she's white
and white feminists love her

but this is nothing new in America culturally

black people do some shyt
white people co-opt it and pass it off as their own
and when they get called out about it they either feign ignorance and innocence, or they lie

she had the nerve to get on twitter and say she had NEVER heard that bit from Patrice before
get.thee.entire.fukk.outta.here

:camby:

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
I mean, I'd see if she had done the donkey punch or the angry pirate because those were the jokes Patrice defended on that Fox show... but to think that comedians watch all possible material of other comics... I mean I don't know. There's plenty of cases where you can tell it's just stealing material and then there's coming up with something very similar than someone before.. I'd say this is somewhere between that.

The way she delivered the jokes on that clip was lazy, I never claimed that she's a GOOD comedian. one of the reasons I'm going to watch the whole special... I need to see what she was talking about before those bits.

And what difference does it make that she performed at the Apollo? :dead: would it be better if she did the same jokes somewhere else? I'll answer that for you, no.

And I don't know why you're bringing up "white feminists" like ppl I quoted defending her are not the furthest thing from white feminists :dead:

edit. I see she briefly mentioned Donkey Punch as a 'classic sex act' but didn't break it down, then mentioned bunch of others, talked to audience member and then finished with the same 2 Patrice did.

but the whole premise of her saying those acts was that she likes hearing about new sex acts and how none of those are 'good for the girl'.... meh.

edit2.
just lazy, not creative comedian in general, her using the same 2 sex act jokes Patrice did is not the biggest problem for me. I mean I can understand why ppl are upset... but it's all just kinda mediocre, and if P's friends have no problem with it, I don't either.

Last edited:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
I mean, I'd see if she had done the donkey punch or the angry pirate because those were the jokes Patrice defended on that Fox show... but to think that comedians watch all possible material of other comics... I mean I don't know. There's plenty of cases where you can tell it's just stealing material and then there's coming up with something very similar than someone before.. I'd say this is somewhere between that.

The way she delivered the jokes on that clip was lazy, I never claimed that she's a GOOD comedian. one of the reasons I'm going to watch the whole special... I need to see what she was talking about before those bits.

And what difference does it make that she performed at the Apollo? :dead: would it be better if she did the same jokes somewhere else? I'll answer that for you, no.

And I don't know why you're bringing up "white feminists" like ppl I quoted defending her are not the furthest thing from white feminists :dead:

edit. I see she briefly mentioned Donkey Punch as a 'classic sex act' but didn't break it down, then mentioned bunch of others, talked to audience member and then finished with the same 2 Patrice did.

but the whole premise of her saying those acts was that she likes hearing about new sex acts and how none of those are 'good for the girl'.... meh.
you purposely obfuscated the real issue people had with it
cool
I get it

and if you don't get the significance of her stealing a dead black man's bit and performing it at the Apollo that's on you

shyt is pretty obvious to anybody with a brain, or maybe you do get it as evidenced as the way you tried to answer my question with your "no"

the white feminist reference was in regards to the larger societal context, but at this point I really don't care to elaborate because at this point it's apparent that you're being deliberately obtuse and/or you're white

I'm positive on the former and pretty sure about the latter

I really see no reason to go back and forth with you

but I will tell you this, if the shoe was on the other foot, and there was a scenario where Patrice was alive and he had swagger jacked Schumer you best believe that shyt would be on every mainstream media outlet out there, yahoo, huffington post, msnbc, all that shyt

the howls of outrage would make the way black twitter is dragging this thieving c*nt pale in comparison

and that's actual facts.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
you purposely obfuscated the real issue people had with it
cool
I get it

and if you don't get the significance of her stealing a dead black man's bit and performing it at the Apollo that's on you

shyt is pretty obvious to anybody with a brain, or maybe you do get it as evidenced as the way you tried to answer my question with your "no"

the white feminist reference was in regards to the larger societal context, but at this point I really don't care to elaborate because at this point it's apparent that you're being deliberately obtuse and/or you're white

I'm positive on the former and pretty sure about the latter

I really see no reason to go back and forth with you

but I will tell you this, if the shoe was on the other foot, and there was a scenario where Patrice was alive and he had swagger jacked Schumer you best believe that shyt would be on every mainstream media outlet out there, yahoo, huffington post, msnbc, all that shyt

the howls of outrage would make the way black twitter is dragging this thieving c*nt pale in comparison

and that's actual facts.

you're assuming too much things.

the difference is that you're looking @ the supposed "bigger picture" when most of the outrage was really over an unfunny comedian stealing from a brilliant comedian who isn't here to defend himself. him being black and her being white is only a smaller part of it. and it's not like she hadn't done those jokes before she did them @ the Apollo. U having a problem that she did her special @ the Apollo is a different issue from her doing a dead black mans jokes. Stealing is stealing, no matter where you do it. The fact that she shot her special there just adds something. but it shouldn't be the main issue.

We don't need to keep discussing medias hypocrisy or the hypocrisy of the feminist movement and annoying unfunny "comedians" like Lena Dunham or Amy Schumer, I'd say that 90% of the ppl on this site understand the hypocrisy of american society in general when it comes to black and white ppl. My problem with your reaction is that your trying to create a narrative that the outrage started because of that, not because of "basic" joke stealing.

but yeah....

and there was a scenario where Patrice was alive and he had swagger jacked Schumer you best believe that shyt would be on every mainstream media outlet out there, yahoo, huffington post, msnbc, all that shyt

as a comedy & Patrice fan that scenario to me is offensive to me. we're done here.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
actually listening to this so called special, she kinda bit this another idea from Patrice, from Elephant In the Room... asked ppl who here are in their 40s? 30s? 20s?

and when ppl in their 20s shouted more louder & were more exciting she said: see?

I see the influence/ so called swagger jacking but you can see that in a lot of different comedians

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
you're assuming too much things.

the difference is that you're looking @ the supposed "bigger picture" when most of the outrage was really over an unfunny comedian stealing from a brilliant comedian who isn't here to defend himself. him being black and her being white is only a smaller part of it. and it's not like she hadn't done those jokes before she did them @ the Apollo. U having a problem that she did her special @ the Apollo is a different issue from her doing a dead black mans jokes. Stealing is stealing, no matter where you do it. The fact that she shot her special there just adds something. but it shouldn't be the main issue.

We don't need to keep discussing medias hypocrisy or the hypocrisy of the feminist movement and annoying unfunny "comedians" like Lena Dunham or Amy Schumer, I'd say that 90% of the ppl on this site understand the hypocrisy of american society in general when it comes to black and white ppl. My problem with your reaction is that your trying to create a narrative that the outrage started because of that, not because of "basic" joke stealing.

but yeah....

as a comedy & Patrice fan that scenario to me is offensive to me. we're done here.
I don't give a flying fukk what's offensive to you
nor do I care how much you hem, haw, and tap dance
you already acknowledged that her shooting the special there "adds" something, no?
now show me where the fukk I made it the "main issue"
how could you even conclude something like that?
unless you're white, which would make sense. white folks have a pathological aversion to discussing or even acknowledging anything race related and will try to minimize it's role at all cost so you're behavior in that regard is typical

yes, the main issue is an unfunny comedian stealing a funny joke, but to ignore the context in which it occurred is asinine, disingenuous even.

you clearly lack basic reading comprehension
I wasn't trying to "create" any narrative, looks like you're the one doing all the assuming now b

you've constructed a straw man argument and knocked it down, congratulations

I'm done here
for real this time

Daps
bump

people JUST now finding out about this on social media and the interwebs as a whole

AMY SCHUMER CALLED OUT FOR STEALING PATRICE O’NEAL JOKES, VIDEO SURFACES

Screen-shot-2015-10-19-at-2.14.45-PM.png

Patrice O’neal jokes are no stranger to being borrowed from time to time, especially since his passing in 2011. Following the recent premiere of her newest comedy special, Amy Schumer has now been accused of stealing material from Patrice. Towards the ending of Amy Schumer Live At The Appollo, her closing joke sounded familiar to some in which they quickly compared it to a series of jokes from O’Neal back in 2006/2007. One fan in particular dug up some footage of O’neal at Just For Laughs and mashed his performance with Amy, causing more questions. Is this just a coincidence? Did she think we wouldn’t catch that?

The joke at hand sounds very similar as they both refer to different sexual activities, but use slightly different names to describe each position. Amy has yet to respond to the accusations at hand.

Amy Schumer Called Out For Stealing Patrice O'neal Jokes, Video Surfaces - ComedyHype.Com | Comedy ReFueled

:scust:

:snoop:

Truly disgusting :scust:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Amy and Patrice were friends, I really can't imagine her stealing from him especially the punchline she came with. Overlapping premise will happen, it's the perspective and punchline that I look for to see if the idea is ripped off.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Man, that shyt was blatant. I'm not trying to hear that the jokes have been around for decades and all of that nonsense. She clearly lifted the joke. She told the same two jokes back to back in the same way. I mean damn, were these so called decades old jokes always told together in that exact order? I highly doubt it.

Carl Spackler

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Augusta National
Two things:

1) I saw him do these bits live. If I dig around long enough I have the audio of the whole show (this is about a year or so before he taped his HBO special (which I was also at)). It was at the end of his set and he was talking about doing colleges and the crazy shyt that white boys do. And I found it amusing because around that time I would hear a different one of these at parties every now and then. So Patrice was asking the crowd if they knew any, I raised my hand and told him the "screaming seagull", he said, "Nah, that's the chicken cutlet". Then my brother told him "the angry pirate" to which he did his famous laugh and said, "See, that's that white boy shyt."

I say that to say the "jokes" already existed in the ether. They were/are public domain. That premise, of these outlandish sex positions, was a jumping off point to explain the weirdness of college aged white kids. The fact that Schumer took the same premise and reworked it should be fine. It's like a political joke or a Kardashian joke, is the first comedian the only comedian allowed to make the joke? Then everyone else is stealing?

2) Schumer and Patrice had a relationship. Schumer is part of that inner circle of comics who would bullshyt at the Cellar. The fact that not one of those people said anything, even in passing, about the bit is surprising. I know she isn't down at the Cellar like pre-fame Schumer, but someone could have hipped her to the game. It is a little too close for comfort. She should have known better. Plus that was a shytty closing bit.