This capitalism bullshyt is officially washed

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This aint true at all

I taught myself how to code and worked my way up to working at one of the biggest companies in atl now im teaching myself blockchain development. They are hiring web devs without a portfolio nowadays and are practically begging people to learn blockchain development and throwing them 120k for entry level jobs.

Times are hard but this screams woe is me.
My friend studied web dev for a year and got a 100k/year job 3 months after the course. He said it was an intense program, but worth it.

To survive economic change and thrive, you have to learn new skills

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Life’s never been better. Maybe your attitude is holding your actual enjoyment back
It’s more homeless people and broke people as it’s ever been, most people are miserable

actually we’ve reached a paradox in this country where we have all the tools to make life easier , even for poor people (a fridge and an ac is a big example)
But our government and population has distributed and consumed these commodities like absolute shyt

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Do you have any PM certs?
Yes, I was actually trained for 5 months at a business school.

also, you know ppl working in FAANG and cant nobody throw u a bone? (pause) :dame:
i know easier said than done but try to leverage that network

Tried before. Got burned.

My relationships were either strictly business or I was focused so much on my businesses that I couldn’t build up certain relationships more than they were.

Basically boils down to people don’t want to help mfers who ain’t winning - yet another fault of capitalism.

King

Daps
It’s more homeless people and broke people as it’s ever been, most people are miserable

actually we’ve reached a paradox in this country where we have all the tools to make life easier , even for poor people (a fridge and an ac is a big example)
But our government and population has distributed and consumed these commodities like absolute shyt
We have always had all of the tools. The practice of exploitation is essential to capitalism.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Real talk...and im mainly talking about this section of the coli...im starting to realize that a lot of yall complain complain and complain...and if its not that its talking ish about people you don't even know.

Idk if people do that just to make theirself feel better but its a waste of time. @KingZimbabwe if you want to change your life you have to change you perspective of it. Get off the coli for one because like the quote says "misery loves company". And a lot of people here are miserable.

I've never met someone thats on their purpose or who's established talk bad about people 24/7 or flat out complain...its a waste...life doesn't care about that because this world is going to spin with or without you

If you want you can send me your resume...I have a few connects out here
I get what you’re saying but you’re talking to him on the individual basis. It’s not about his life he’s talking about all of our lives cause no matter what life you’re living. Your quality of life and overall safety is diminishing year by year. We need to have convos like this to make people reevaluate wtf is going on in the world

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I completely agree with you, and I'm a working mid/senior level software engineer doing pretty well.

I said it earlier: this country ain't a country with a culture, it's literally a tax zone with borders.

Somebody put it great:

It's like you're literally living in this country to get taxed, that's why they make it hard for people to break out of the work force - you're who they're making money off of!

This investment book I read put it great, as one way to fight back with each paycheck:
Imagine you have a choice to purchase one of two machines. Machine 1 costs $100, and when you bring it home and plug it in, it starts spitting out a fresh $1 bill every month. Machine 1 also appreciates in value, so if you choose to sell it a year down the road, you can sell it for $112. Machine 2 also costs $100, but instead of spitting out a $1 bill every month, it requires you to put a $1 bill into it every month to keep it running. Machine 2 goes down in value every year, and after a year it is only worth $80 in resale value.
After all, TV commercials and social conventions constantly remind you only that if you do not spend everything you make on Machine 2s, you are a loser And so, you keep doing what you are doing, spending your entire life grinding away at work. When you die, your legacy will be a workshop full of worthless Machine 2s. Pretty ridiculous, huh? Well, that’s exactly what Americans do.
Instead of spending your entire paycheck on Machine 2s because the billboard told you to, buy as many Machine 1s as you can. The more you buy, the more money they pay you every month, and the easier it gets to buy even MORE Machine 1s. Your neighbors may scoff at your lack of Machine 2s, but that is okay; most of them cannot sleep at night because they are stressing about keeping their Machine 2s working. Before you know it, you will have so much cash flooding in every month from your Army of Machine 1s that you pay all your bills and support your lifestyle without you having to work.

But if it is so common sense, why doesn’t everyone in America buy Machine 1s and all get rich? Because corporate propaganda and consumer culture push you into only buying Machine 2s. Your spending is corporate America’s Machine 1.
What are Machines 1s, or assets, as I like to call them? I already mentioned a few; stocks, bonds, and rental properties. Stock investors buy stocks because they expect corporate earnings to grow over time, increasing the value of the stock. Bonds pay interest payments every six months or annually. Tenants in rental properties pay rent, which you use to pay your mortgage and other expenses and pocket the difference. If you buy something and it pays you more than it costs you, you have an asset.

Edit: the stocks he likes are reliable index funds.

Last edited:

King

Daps
I completely agree with you, and I'm a working mid/senior level software engineer.

I said it earlier: this country ain't a country with a culture, it's literally a tax zone with borders.

Somebody put it great:

It's like you're literally living in this country to get taxed, that's why they make it hard for people to break out - you're who they're making money off of!

I find it so odd that we have defined what capitalism is for damn near as long as capitalism has existed. Yet liberals still finding roundabout poetic ways to define it :mjlol:

This is how capitalism works, built on exploitation and always in ever deeper crises to fuel ever growing exponential wealth inequality.