Things I noticed that stopped in the Black community once the 90's kicked in

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Really?, I don't remember everybody talks about MJ being gay in the 80s but all I remember it was Prince the way he dress, the way he looks, the way he acts,etc.

- Eddie Murphy spoke about MJ not being the most "masculin man" on his stand up Delirious. He made the joke that white folks weren't mad at MJ for taking Brooke Shields to the awards because they know MJ wasn't going to have sex with her.

- He never had a girlfriend that we knew of.

- His voice

- The rumor mill in the 80's was MJ, Prince and Luther....George Jefferson was also in that mix. It was always speculation tho.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agree with most except the Michael Jackson one. We all knew he was into girls.

The term "nikka" was rarely used. Brotha took its place instead.

White Jesus was not as common in black households . Then again, I have a lot of relatives that are part of a church (Pastor/Reverend) . Their photo/painting with a bible I saw more of.

I was born in '81 with Bay Area parents where I visited relatives in the Bay monthly.
- Eddie Murphy spoke about MJ not being the most "masculin man" on his stand up Delirious. He made the joke that white folks weren't mad at MJ for taking Brooke Shields to the awards because they know MJ wasn't going to have sex with her.

- He never had a girlfriend that we knew of.

- His voice

- The rumor mill in the 80's was MJ, Prince and Luther....George Jefferson was also in that mix. It was always speculation tho.

Eddie couldn't speak MJ like that when he was the one fukked with a tranny :scust:

That's true about MJ...we never knew and never seen MJ girlfriends while Prince had baddest bytches on the lock.

Everybody was right about Luther and he did come out of the closest.

George Jefferson?.....wtf?.....never heard that one about him rumor....explain?:gucci:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
hitting kids to the point of abuse was normal and sometimes people who weren't your parents could put hands on a kid.

You ain't lying with this one. I caught whoopings from several great uncles, aunts, and every grand parent I knew :bryan:

Even a damn baby sitter who was like 60 something at the time had a paddle to make kids act right. And yeah I caught that one too:bryan:

One time a friends mom tapped that ass cuz I was playing too rough with her daughters :damn:

I still maintain I was set up

:ufdup:

This was all between 87-89 :heh:

Had this one old babysitter back in ‘97 and ‘98 when I was in kindergarten and 1st grade that used to threaten and whoop me and the other kids with a wooden ruler wit her old school ass :russ::dead:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yep. Pac, biggie and Wu tang clan are responsible for this wild use of the word today, funny how they all go origins in New York. New York looking in the light. The n-word became wildly used in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

shyt posting and dap fishing at it's finest

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Eddie couldn't speak MJ like that when he was the one fukked with a tranny :scust:

George Jefferson?.....wtf?.....never heard that one about him rumor....explain?:gucci:

LOL. My dude. U getting your decades mixed up. Eddie didnt get caught with that tranny till the 90's. So MJ was fair game. Plus MJ and Eddie got cool after that, we saw that when they were both in each others music videos.

As for George Jefferson, I'll never forget Star made me laugh when he was looking at an updated picturesof him and said 'he doesn't look good...he looks like he's been taking too much jizz in the face.' I immediatly laughed because I knew where Star was coming from. Suprised u never heard that rumor.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Hip hop was seen as a brief trend that would soon die out.

There were Black radio stations in the 90s that refused to play Hip Hop records. They would also edit the rap verses on any R&B record,

A lot of Blacks stopped fukking with MJ after Black or White. He was seen as too wierd and somewhat of a self hater. These same people came back around after his death. The R&B radio stations stopped playing new MJ records.

Before the mid 90s, Black suburban kids didnt try to emulate being a thug.

After the mid 90's, everyone tried to act extra hard. Being a 'thug' was cool

Lot of Black women bragged that they didnt give head. And would never do such a thing.

Blacks dressed more colorfully and showed respect to Africa with pendents, clothes, and jewels.

Dirt was more underground. If you were doing dirt, it wasnt cool to talk about it. Now everybody wants to tell you their little secrets.

No cellphones or interent. Pay phones and beepers. If you traveled, you bought those big ass maps you can get at the gas stations. If you were stranded, you were screwed. No one knew where you were.
I bear witness to the bolded. Personally I still fukked with him but not a lot. I came back around when he released Invincible and he started going at Tommy Mottola. I gave a lot of people the :mjpls: when the started the crocodile tears when he died. I knew for a FACT that they didn't fukk with Jackson anymore but tried to act like they did.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas

That's true about MJ...we never knew and never seen MJ girlfriends while Prince had baddest bytches on the lock.

Everybody was right about Luther and he did come out of the closest.

When did he ever come out the closet? I mean everyone knew he was gay and it was like a big open secret but I don't ever remember him actually confirming he was gay.

Safe

All Star
Supporter
Daps
think about How we entered the 90's... House Party had no weed smoking and that 1 scene were they make drinking look like a bad thing.

Stevie Wonder did a dont drink and drive PSA. Not Drinking and driving was also a big movement in the 80's. LOL @ NWA having a dont drink and drive PSA as a skit on their 2nd album. Thats how big those PSAs were in the 80's.

Wow wow. I remember that Snake PSA commercial, used to scare the shyt out of me when I was a kid.

Your House Party reference is so on point it's not even funny.
This is really telling as to how easy it is to poison a people by weaponizing arts and culture.

When you realize that black people didn't even perform fellatio or cunnilingus openly on eachother 25 years ago. And weed was damn near considered a step below coke and crack and you were looked at like a straight gangster/social outcast if you did it. It's really crazy how much corruptible activity has been normalized today.