They're bullying consumers into tipping more now

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
CA waiters are paid the local minimum wage, not a lower tipped wage, so no, they aren’t living off tips. And I certainly don’t give 20% on GP because of it
Hey, there are more states than CA. If this don’t apply, let my comment fly.

The point is, equating checkout tip abuse to actual tipped workers doing full service is disingenuous.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Man, I was a great tipper. But now that every fukking service expects you to tip, I'm like kiss my ass.

I was at a mothaflipping dermatologist last week that had a fukking tip option. Like, NO...chill the fukk out...
She should demand a percentage of her whole salary. That would make some people realize how retarded the whole thing is. :skip:

Traveler

All Star
Daps
I just came back from japan. It was so great just paying for a meal and not have to worry about tipping.

Let's be real tipping is not about the resteraunts being cheap. It's the servers who are really making money that don't want tipping to go. I remember when it was 10%, now people are starting to ask for 30%. Just get rid of tipping and call it a day.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is why i wish we were like most of the world when it comes to this. No tips but people get paid a living wage instead. If you can not afford to pay your employees a decent wage without other people footing the bill, then go out of business.

Any company doing it for bullshyt reasons as well (self-checkout, take out orders, etc...) need to get all the smoke as well
Some staff fights back against this, because they actually earn more through tips than they would with a fair wage.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Some staff fights back against this, because they actually earn more through tips than they would with a fair wage.
Not my problem. I still tip when eating in a restaurant and delivery, but still all of this shout be replaced with better wages overall. If you want to make more money if that was ever done, get a better job.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not my problem. I still tip when eating in a restaurant and delivery, but still all of this shout be replaced with better wages overall. If you want to make more money if that was ever done, get a better job.
It could be your problem when one of the main parties who could fight against tipping are pro-tipping :russ: it’s either the workers fight it or consumers stop spending.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Tipping culture in america is absolutely insande, when I go there I usually tip the couple bucks I get back as change or 2 or 3 bucks if I'm using a card, you can suck my dikk with your percentages.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
I had to smarten up about this because it’s getting out of hand. I combate this by having cash so keep that POS on your side, take this 5 dollars and peace out. At a sit down, I don’t mind at all, but for coffee, a snack, whatever… eat a dikk

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
It could be your problem when one of the main parties who could fight against tipping are pro-tipping :russ: it’s either the workers fight it or consumers stop spending.
I dont care, i just dont. We have examples of other industrial nations where tipping is not required or even wanted to reference. Tipping culture is dysfunctional as fukk and we are seeing that dysfunction peak with shyt like this.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont care, i just dont. We have examples of other industrial nations where tipping is not required or even wanted to reference. Tipping culture is dysfunctional as fukk and we are seeing that dysfunction peak with shyt like this.
I agree with you brodie, but shyt probably won’t change, because there are no agents of change out here for it

Payday23

Superstar
Daps

Maruchan

Pro
Daps
Or maybe stop being a fukking beggar and fight for an actual salary
Eh...people like u don't get it and always feel slighted by society even though u don't care to fit into society. You already lost when you walked through the door.