They coming at John Boyega's neck for saying Game of Thrones lacks black characters

Daps
In the white man's fantasy world you can maybe count on one hand on how many black people exist.

Star wars, star trek, game of thrones, etc.

*Angel*

Frozen Flames Goddess
Daps
Reppin
Goddess power
White people are only supreme if you consider them to be. When you conduct yourself as an equal when you are around them the ones that are racist will become uncomfortable.

Whining and begging them for acceptance doesn't do anything besides solidify their status over you and confirm that you will forever be their subordinate, mentally if not physically.
Agree. I don't conduct myself like I'm their equal bc they are beneath me in every way, genetically, culturally and historically.

I don't care for the rest of your post. Boyega's point is valid. If Whites can play MLK, Michael Jackson, Egyptians, Asian kung fu masters, and any and every other ethnicity, writers can write Blacks and Others into characters intended for themselves too. Don't try to make it one sided when Whites operate outside the rules constantly.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Really disturbing to see people attack him.

"It's based on medieval England why should it?" Yeah because medieval England was completely devoid of any Africans... Not like Shakespeare wrote a play revolving around a black character in the year 1603...Trying to write black people out of history is incredibly racist on multiple levels. One, it degrades their history. Secondly, because the white people are the "winners" who get to write history it demonstrates who's in power.
:gucci:
Additionally, it's not even based on Europe. It revolves around an entire fukking world. There's an asian continent. There's some weird Egyptian shyt going on. Anyone who watches that show and thinks it all revolves around England is lying.

It's so weird that they get this upset by the mere suggestion that their tv show should feature more diverse casting. Because it demonstrates the demographics that they maintain for their own "fantasy worlds".
You're supposed to think 'oh elves, hobbits, dragons, it's fantasy' but the underlying message is that there's also no black people and that white people are kings.

People don't have a single leg to stand on when it comes to arguing that the fantasy genre isn't racist. Anyone who thinks differently just has to read the incredibly bigoted works of HP Lovecraft... Lovecraft is also a major influence on the GOT mythology btw.

The whole idea of miscegenation, breeding with 'deep ones' is all just an analogy for how Lovecraft thought the Aryan race was being destroyed by interbreeding.

I hate when ignorant people try and argue about shyt they obviously don't know about.
I have studied specifically (before any of this) the influence racism had on the fantasy genre. I can guarantee you that none of those twitter fukks have ever even considered it a possibility.

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think people read the article/quote

In the white man's fantasy world you can maybe count on one hand on how many black people exist.

Star wars, star trek, game of thrones, etc.
Yup, and that was his point. That there is no diversity in that genre and the outrage over one black dude appearing in a beloved franchise was ridiculous.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
American social culture is in a period of pure chaos. No matter what side you are on whatever specific issue, both sides are complaining about the same shyt.

On race, some black people feel blacks folks aren't represented enough in entertainment. On the other end of the spectrum some folks feel blacks are represented in EVERYTHING. Neither side will be happy.

Does every show need black people? When will people be satisfied with representation in the jew media?

Time to disconnect from pop culture folks...

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Boyega is talking that shyt now but he played almost a pet black character in the force awakens.
I'd rather the black protagonists in film and television be charismatic and imposing like deadshot and black panther vs comic relief which is what finn was in TFA

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Seriously why the heck do you guys keep bringing up, "buh..buh.. buh.. There were blacks in medieval Europe!" Besides the Berber Moors, blacks in medieval Europe were insignificant and an extremely tiny minority. I would argue even smaller than Arabs outside Iberia and Sicily.

Uhhh yea that's not true at all

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Every single black person on that show is subjugated by the white haired savior Daenarys.

And it's a FANTASY show, meaning it's made up. There could be more actual black heroes/villains just like there could be asian or any other race. So that bullshyt it's "based off mid-evil times" excuse is garbage.

I HATE the character of Finn. It's an emasculated and downright offensive excuse of a character. But I do like Boyega and I REALLY respect his willingness to speak out on these topics. This isn't the first time he's done so.

I'm rooting for the brother. But it's fukk Star Wars all day

Last edited: