They coming at John Boyega's neck for saying Game of Thrones lacks black characters

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I've never seen Game of Thrones but doesn't it take place in medieval Europe during the dark ages or something? Those cacs in that period didn't bathe regularly, had their farm animals and shyt in their castles/houses, etc. Why would you want black people to be in a show when that was taking place?! :scust:
no it doesn't take place in medieval europe. it takes place in a mythical place with dragons and night kings that can bring the dead back to life. giants that are like 20 ft tall, a colossal wall made of ice meant to keep these resurrected white walkers out. seasons last for years. it's almost like it takes place on another planet really.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Exactly why I stopped watching tv years ago. White faces everywhere representing everything. It's too much and a gross exaggeration of their appeal and capabilities. Been rationing my White intake ever since, with movies too.
This is the same reason I stopped watching TV in 2008 as well.\
:salute:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Do black people watch shows like that
I seriously don't understand the mentality of black people who watch shows featuring casts full of characters that look nothing like them. I mean, don't get me wrong, when I watched TV I did it myself, but like @Koco said why should I waste my time on a show just to watch it for a token black character that gets treated like crap?

That's how we end up with this thought process

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Its not about Whites being the majority in AmeriKKKa, its been a life long process of seeing nothing but White faces and images. I went to an all white school from grades K-7, I used to ask my mother why were only White people on tv shows, commercials, movies....then to get older and gain knowledge of WS and see how its just White tantrum bullshyt and how they use media for programming, I cracked mentally. I had enough and felt it disrespectful for them to force their blandness on all of us while hating everyone so I started controlling my White intake and it started with tv in general.

White people are only supreme if you consider them to be. When you conduct yourself as an equal when you are around them the ones that are racist will become uncomfortable.

Whining and begging them for acceptance doesn't do anything besides solidify their status over you and confirm that you will forever be their subordinate, mentally if not physically.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't really care if there are Black people in GoT or not. There are very few good characters on the show anyway. Everybody else are flawed scum.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Do black people watch shows like that

This might shock you but black people do a lot of things outside of the "stereotypically black" pantheon of shyt that the white media tells you we live for.

We don't all sag our pants and commit crime.

We don't all drink 40's and blast rap music.

Some of us even have careers and *gasp* watch Game of Thrones.

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
If the show is all white. And you as a black or whatever minority are still watching it, they have zero incentive to change. :yeshrug:

So logically speaking the solution would be to not even watch these shows. And in doing that, you wouldn't even know what's going on the show to complain about it.
Thank you.

I feel sad for the black folk that still watch tripe like this waiting to be represented in it. it's not happening.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Breh i dont even watch TV anymore because all you see is white faces, even shows thats supposed to cater to Black People always have to have a white lead and a handful of white characters.
Youtube is where its at in terms of Black Entertainers and Black Creativity and ALOT of these Black Youtubers have huge followings even more of a following then some A list actors, TV is pretty much dead and alot of young people would rather watch Youtube then TV.
Word.
Since I stopped watching tv almost ten years ago, it's been strictly internet for entertainment and full of diverse options.