They coming at John Boyega's neck for saying Game of Thrones lacks black characters

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
People should read the books...there are Black people in that universe and they live in the Summer Isles

The author has purposely positioned them this way where the summer isles have their own distinct culture and society from the shyt that goes on in Westeros and Essos. If anything, the author even alludes to the absurdity that Robert Baratheon considered conquering the Summer Isles (who were always at peace with Westeros and considered them allies) for no reason other than his own ego. Message!

But carry on caping for a Black man who, despite being featured heavily on initial marketing for Star Wars as the new Jedi, was later found to be not much more than comedic relief and a plot device for the WHITE female lead who was OP as fukk for no reason.

They even left dude off the international posters...he cool but he needs to sit the fukk down unless he's ready to go at Disney's head too, which he is not because they pay his bills.

Much ado about nothing...

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
You nikkas making the aruguemnt that it doesn't matter that the GoT books/show are based on Medieval Europe their should be black characters because it's a fictional fantasy. That's fine if you want to make that argument, just be fukking honest admit that you're begging.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
shouldn't they go at George Martin instead...you know the man who wrote the damn books? :mjpls:

:heh: The funny thing is I swear the black folks who whine the hardest about the lack of black characters are folks who aren't bookreaders. How you gonna whine to GRRM when you never read the books & like to boast about not read them?

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People should read the books...there are Black people in that universe and they live in the Summer Isles

The author has purposely positioned them this way where the summer isles have their own distinct culture and society from the shyt that goes on in Westeros and Essos. If anything, the author even alludes to the absurdity that Robert Baratheon considered conquering the Summer Isles (who were always at peace with Westeros and considered them allies) for no reason other than his own ego. Message!

But carry on caping for a Black man who, despite being featured heavily on initial marketing for Star Wars as the new Jedi, was later found to be not much more than comedic relief and a plot device for the WHITE female lead who was OP as fukk for no reason.

They even left dude off the international posters...he cool but he needs to sit the fukk down unless he's ready to go at Disney's head too, which he is not because they pay his bills.

Much ado about nothing...

Boyega is one of the few Black celebs out here that embrace their Blackness and aren't trying distance themselves and act like being Black is some sort of a curse. I will continue to support the dude based of this.

Also, I had my issues with Finn in TFA,but it's only 1 film in a trilogy that's being written and handled by different people for each installment. He has an arc that is not finished yet so I'm waiting to see where things go. Luke didn't fully become a badass until ROTJ.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Boyega is one of the few Black celebs out here that embrace their Blackness and aren't trying distance themselves and act like being Black is some sort of a curse. I will continue to support the dude based of this.

Also, I had my issues with Finn in TFA,but it's only 1 film in a trilogy that's being written and handled by different people for each installment. He has an arc that is not finished yet so I'm waiting to see where things go. Luke didn't fully become a badass until ROTJ.
You're right :hubie:

I'ma give it some time...but if Finn on some sucka shyt for these next two flicks I'm gonna have to call it like I see it:ufdup:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Show is based on fake medieval Europe.
Why would there be black people like that?
Dragons and fukking Ice Demons weren't in medieval Europe either. Why all of a sudden they want proper demographics when it comes to real races, But fictional ones like elves can appear in lord of the rings no problem? Why not make some of the elves black? You can't tell me black people would kill the realism when orcs and trolls and shyt pop up all the time, and they don't actually exist.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

:salute:

Truth. This is also why its not about "asking" to be in white people's shyt. Its about logical representation. You can't make a show that takes place in multiple parts of a world and not have some colored people...period. It doesn't even make scientific sense.

Daps
They should include more dominicans in the show.. If Daenerys's companion was a DR dude instead of Jorah, he'd be like "ven para enseñarte este dragón mami chula" :shaq:

The story would've been different brehs!!

Daps
Dragons and fukking Ice Demons weren't in medieval Europe either. Why all of a sudden they want proper demographics when it comes to real races, But fictional ones like elves can appear in lord of the rings no problem? Why not make some of the elves black? You can't tell me black people would kill the realism when orcs and trolls and shyt pop up all the time, and they don't actually exist.

Elves and dragons are germanic aka cac mythology breh!!!

I would totally be on board with an african version of a show GoT style. Featuring african culture, religion, beliefs, etc. But of course, with a different plot so it isn't so obvious it was inspired in GoT.