They coming at John Boyega's neck for saying Game of Thrones lacks black characters

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
THEN MAKE YOUR OWN SHOW! Jesus Christ... Sick and tired of black people playing this dumb game. Especially when Black Panther is coming out. And as for the bolded that debatable.

But fact is most big name black writers/producers are not writing about Scifi but instead sticking to safe genres like dramas and comedies which blacks are use to. But thats starting to change because Scfi/fantasy is not taboo to the younger black generation.

I AM WRITING MY BOOK "MESSIAH" TO RELEASE NEXT YEAR WILL YOU SUPPORT IT???:coffee:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I've never seen Game of Thrones but doesn't it take place in medieval Europe during the dark ages or something? Those cacs in that period didn't bathe regularly, had their farm animals and shyt in their castles/houses, etc. Why would you want black people to be in a show when that was taking place?! :scust:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Black people typically talk this shyt but don't support. I'm gonna have to review your novel at some po.

hey grendel. my amazon/itunes info is all in my sig...:youngsabo:

Y'all (black people) want to have black representation on small screens/big screens we gotta support one another they know this...:manny:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
UK blacks are the WOAT breh. Basically crackers with black skin.

Dudes like Boyega are the few exceptions.
I really hate to make generalizations on people based on online interaction but these nikka's lookin real funny in the light to me at the moment.
:francis:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
You really need to learn to fall back from black topics you ain't one of us...
Keep it moving...

Is game of thrones a show only broadcasted in black households? Oh sorry I wasn't aware.

And this is a supposedly black forum that makes threads about Indians, Asians, Latinos, ie; "non blacks" on a routine basis. So until you address that you can eat a dikk and keep it moving.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black people need to eventually realise white people do not owe us shyt. They do not have to include us in their shows If they don't want to. If they want to make a show featuring only blonde blue eyed people they fukking will. You can choose to watch it or don't watch it but stop whining about what they do and go do your own. :hhh:

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
What it comes down to is people who write the shows and sell the records know that the mass majority of the country is white, they're going to follow the viewership and money.

I love Game of Thrones myself and am fine with the way it is. If it isn't as diverse as some of us would like, then that's fine because:

All that means is you got to make something better (and I'm not talking about a Game of Thrones type of tale with colored people), and best believe you can.

Game of Thrones will not be the end all be all, just like how The Wire was undisputed for a long time.

Time goes on and the predecessor gets surpassed. The question is are you making/creating the next one? Are you doing your research to get ideas down? Been reading books, watching a lot of movies, studying your craft, getting great ideas then executing them?

The writer to Game of Thrones said himself he was inspired from previous TV shows and mentioned The Wire specifically. The directors/producers of Game of Thrones went to actors who had major parts in The Wire. Game of Thrones is a product of years of research and work by the writer/directors/producers. That's the kind of effort you gotta put in and even then it's not guaranteed, but your part is still mandatory.

Remember, people want to be apart of anything great. Look at hip-hop/R&B. Black folks keep pushing the music genre forward and people are always trying to follow that. Other forms of music have never evolved at hip-hop's pace.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Black people need to eventually realise white people do not owe us shyt. They do not have to include us in their shows If they don't want to. If they want to make a show featuring only blonde blue eyed people they fukking will. You can choose to watch it or don't watch it but stop whining about what they do and go do your own. :hhh:

I've honestly never watched game of thrones...:ld::pachaha:

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes we need to fall back on that PLEASE INCLUDE BLACK PEOPLE IN YOUR RACIST WHITE FANTASY SHOW!!!

I never wanted any black characters because I knew they were just going to make them lowly slaves or savages...

fukk HBO Game of Thrones.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Do the black people defending this show know that there is a whole black nation in the books?

But somehow only the slaves are good enough for TV
Whord? As far as the series is. Was it suppose to show up by now