They Are Rebooting A Nightmare On Elm Street Again

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i wish they would fukking nail a nightmare on elm street reboot. there is so much opportunity in that franchise to be truly scary because in dreams you can literally do anything, they really need a good director with a vision.
the originals did so much tho
its only so much you can do with a franchise like this without it becoming overly corny
think about it...
the cgi shyt for A Nightmare on Elm Street gonna end up lookin like some Disney Pixar shyt :deadmanny:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I liked Jackie Earl Haley as Freddy in the last remake, but I remember almost nothing about it aside from his performance. I would be down for a remake if a director like Del Toro or Cary Fukunaga signed on board though.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I liked Jackie Earl Haley as Freddy in the last remake, but I remember almost nothing about it aside from his performance. I would be down for a remake if a director like Del Toro or Cary Fukunaga signed on board though.

As did I. I saw it in the theaters and I dont do horror like I used to when I was a kid. I liked the movie and need to revisit it. :ehh:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
the originals did so much tho
its only so much you can do with a franchise like this without it becoming overly corny
think about it...
the cgi shyt for A Nightmare on Elm Street gonna end up lookin like some Disney Pixar shyt :deadmanny:
What do you mean, I mean, the possibilities are literally limitless due to the nature of the film itself, all it takes is a director who is actually passionate and has a vision. I'd love to see a Fukunaga or James Wan nightmare on elm street.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
What do you mean, I mean, the possibilities are literally limitless due to the nature of the film itself, all it takes is a director who is actually passionate and has a vision. I'd love to see a Fukunaga nightmare on elm street.
nah im just sayin that itd be fukked up if they take it to the point where the shyt becomes cartoony
what was dope about the original films once Freddy got into his groove like that is that it was funny and scary at the same time
now-a-days i cant bet on these studios/directors doin that the right way
just sayin

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
nah im just sayin that itd be fukked up if they take it to the point where the shyt becomes cartoony
what was dope about the original films once Freddy got into his groove like that is that it was funny and scary at the same time
just sayin
oh okay, yeah, I got you. I'd definitely want a more grounded approach even though it's in the dream world. I feel like they keep hiring these shyt ass directors and just try to cash grab based on the franchise name. The first nightmare on elm street is one of my favorite horror movies ever. As an avid lucid dreamer I LOVE movies that explore the dream world and dreams give you so many options and possibilities to make something really really scary. Until the studio puts up enough $$$ to get a talented director these reboots aren't gonna be shyt

Daps
Reppin
NULL
some shyt should be left a in the past different era, those freddy movies could only work in the 80's which is why the franchise couldn't survive in the 90's

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
oh okay, yeah, I got you. I'd definitely want a more grounded approach even though it's in the dream world. I feel like they keep hiring these shyt ass directors and just try to cash grab based on the franchise name. The first nightmare on elm street is one of my favorite horror movies ever. As an avid lucid dreamer I LOVE movies that explore the dream world and dreams give you so many options and possibilities to make something really really scary. Until the studio puts up enough $$$ to get a talented director these reboots aren't gonna be shyt
yeah
my favorite was the one where the kids were fighting back using the "dream powers" or whatever
it was dope and it made sense
theres no reason why they cant make something even better
where the fight is evened out
i liked that
where Freddy wasnt just this muthafukka that ran shyt
he had to fight back
that shyt was ill imo

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
yeah
my favorite was the one where the kids were fighting back using the "dream powers" or whatever
it was dope and it made sense
theres no reason why they cant make something even better
where the fight is evened out
i liked that
where Freddy wasnt just this muthafukka that ran shyt
he had to fight back
that shyt was ill imo
I think that one was the third one, dream warriors? That one and the first are definitely my favorite

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't bay direct the last one?

And bring back the real Freddy

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
fc1788d4ed21c8342313436917d7d205.gif
Lol I had a similar reaction.

just sayin
True. It was the perfect mix. Was scary but Freddy still had moments where he was funny as fukk.

Last edited: