They Are Rebooting A Nightmare On Elm Street Again

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i wish they would fukking nail a nightmare on elm street reboot. there is so much opportunity in that franchise to be truly scary because in dreams you can literally do anything, they really need a good director with a vision.

That's how I feel. Coincidentally enough my homies and I were just talking about this last Sunday. There's a lot to mine there but you need a director with real vision and you gotta do it for the cheap. But you gotta have a guy who knows what he's doing and not some director for hire. Someone with a real take.
:yeshrug: I liked the 2009 "Friday the 13th" & the 2010 "Nightmare on Elm Street" remakes. I own both of them. I would've like to seen sequels for them instead.

Hated the nightmare one but I standby the Friday the 13th one. That one was very solid. But there wasn't enough fervor for it

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hated the nightmare one but I standby the Friday the 13th one. That one was very solid. But there wasn't enough fervor for it
I thought both of them sucked for a myriad of reasons but one issue both films shared was that for some odd reason the writers/directors felt the need to expand on the origin stories of two characters in Freddy and Jason who didn't need any added clarification. Jason and Freddy (and Michael Myers too) have established origins that are damn near perfect.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I thought both of them sucked for a myriad of reasons but one issue both films shared was that for some odd reason the writers/directors felt the need to expand on the origin stories of two characters in Freddy and Jason who didn't need any added clarification. Jason and Freddy (and Michael Myers too) have established origins that are damn near perfect.

I didn't mind it in either especially since the nightmare thing didn't touch on anything that hadn't been touched on. Craven has said he's supposed to be a child molester and the other films in the series tip toed around it and showed some of that shyt in Freddy's dead. The problem with the nightmare remake was the same problem any nightmare that wasn't the 1st, 3rd or new nightmare had: no vision

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When they finally went there with freddy being burned for Pedo shyt i was like :ohhh: cause i was a youngin when i watched the OGs so that clicked in my head like "oh yea" when i asked my uncles why they burned him back then they said cuz white people are evil when they're bored

:russ:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When they finally went there with freddy being burned for Pedo shyt i was like :ohhh: cause i was a youngin when i watched the OGs so that clicked in my head like "oh yea" when i asked my uncles why they burned him back then they said cuz white people are evil when they're bored

:russ:
:mjlol:

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
New Line Developing A Nightmare on Elm Street Reboot
FjUGHnJ.png

Hope this one is better than the last one.
Hope this one is better than The Original.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
That's how I feel. Coincidentally enough my homies and I were just talking about this last Sunday. There's a lot to mine there but you need a director with real vision and you gotta do it for the cheap. But you gotta have a guy who knows what he's doing and not some director for hire. Someone with a real take.

Any thoughts on a possible director?