There’s federal development money out there for “Black communities” Go. Get. It.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
No one cares bruh. Get paid. We know the history. stop making the same mistakes.

How exactly will a non-developer or urban planner get paid from this initiative.

I understand the economic impact it can have on a community as a whole though.

But you make it sound like every one should rush to apply instead of developers, planners etc.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
How exactly will a non-developer or urban planner get paid from this initiative.

I understand the economic impact it can have on a community as a whole though.

But you make it sound like every one should rush to apply instead of developers, planners etc.

Do you realize how many underemployed black people there are itching for opportunities like this?

I'm talking with the prerequisite degrees and experience. I'm not just talking average people.

For those who can, this is an excellent opportunity.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Those funds would go toward these types of projects which would benefit the community as a whole which is a good thing.

However, this dude is misrepresenting what this program is intended to do.

Maquina

Banned
Daps
Those funds would go toward these types of projects which would benefit the community as a whole which is a good thing.

However, this dude is misrepresenting what this program is intended to do.

Yep and we know what happens , black land ownership gets swallowed up if the community doesn’t grow with the money inflowing into it . Property values raise , taxes raise, food prices raise, people sell out early, others are priced out eventually - getrificstion happens.

All I’m saying is this is not a black program as I’ve read it and we need more black only programs that really addressed the specificity within these disadvantaged and marginalized communities

Not disagreeing with anything you’ve stated - just generally the framework needs to be more black specific

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Democrats do hook you up with free money/programs if you fill out the documents.
Exactly the last administration gave these Nogroes rent-a-spoons & tax breaks(if they was apart of the 10% financial population). You didn't hear wHeRe'S tHe MoNeY fOr OnLy BlAcK pEoPlE

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yep and we know what happens , black land ownership gets swallowed up if the community doesn’t grow with the money inflowing into it . Property values raise , taxes raise, food prices raise, people sell out early, others are priced out eventually - getrificstion happens.

All I’m saying is this is not a black program as I’ve read it and we need more black only programs that really addressed the specificity within these disadvantaged and marginalized communities

Nope. We need programs to get black developers into positions of influence and infrastructure into projects the city needs to control, direct, and leverage investments and jobs to other black businesses and endeavors.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I want to interrupt this back in forth y’all having on here and ask a question
Is anybody in this thread from atl in a position to even apply for grants let alone take advantage of the money?
If not what is there to argue about?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yes, the problem is you are acting like the average Black person is an idiot if they don't rush to apply.

Check yourself and maybe your message would be better received.
Theres other jobs created when black firms get these jobs.

Its not just the developer. Its all the other jobs the developer needs down to catering, staffing, temp work, marketing, legal, events, etc.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I want to interrupt this back in forth y’all having on here and ask a question
Is anybody in this thread from atl in a position to even apply for grants let alone take advantage of the money?
If not what is there to argue about?
I know a few people who have construction firms in ATL and other development firms that get minority contracts to do these jobs.

Broke busters like @Maquina want us all to be like her and her dusty cohort of do nothing losers.

Maquina

Banned
Daps
Nope. We need programs to get black developers into positions of influence and infrastructure into projects the city needs to control, direct, and leverage investments and jobs to other black businesses and endeavors.

Slowly changing your tune i see, now it’s we need black developers in positions tonsucceed

But you want to argue when I say we need more black developers period and in order to do that we need people in those communities to be taught the game start to finish

It’s clear you understand what I’m saying , but you don’t wanna own up to it because you’ve buried yourself to deep in being anti-whatever I say

Maquina

Banned
Daps
Exactly the last administration gave these Nogroes rent-a-spoons & tax breaks(if they was apart of the 10% financial population). You didn't hear wHeRe'S tHe MoNeY fOr OnLy BlAcK pEoPlE

1) what last administration ? The trump administration :shaq: Why don’t you just say that ?

2) tax breaks ? The FPL is like 14k in most states - any break is great and meaningful for those in that 10% population but they need more than tax breaks

Maquina

Banned
Daps
I know a few people who have construction firms in ATL and other development firms that get minority contracts to do these jobs.

Broke busters like @Maquina want us all to be like her and her dusty cohort of do nothing losers.

With all your individualistic views and blacks need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and the penchant to misgender folks - you sure could pull off being a republican