There’s federal development money out there for “Black communities” Go. Get. It.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
1) what last administration ? The trump administration :shaq: Why don’t you just say that ?

2) tax breaks ? The FPL is like 14k in most states - any break is great and meaningful for those in that 10% population but they need more than tax breaks
With Black developers and Black contractors they're going to need employees to do the work, which means they're going to hire Black people within those neighborhoods, you don't think that creating jobs and businesses in Black community isn't going to help those Black families get out of poverty, along with other social programs that are available.
15% of them are in jail for misappropriation

Also PPP was easy because it wasn’t specifically for black people - what’s the proportion of black businesses compared to non black businesses ?

Y’all not hearing me though
Which leave another 60 to 70% that is not, so they should know how to apply for Grants, and if getting PPP was easy, so should this since it's not specifically for Black people like a few of y'all was saying in here right :martin:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I do my thing , I’m not the topic of the discussion - when y’all post about my articles I’ll come defend myself . As of now I’m just letting y’all know , this is fools gold for the black community and y’all the fools
How? I don’t get the tone of your posts in this thread. As someone who legitimately has written grants, seen multiple blacks people start businesses, fund entire programs, educational
opportunities, mentorship networks from grants—it just seems like you are trying to discourage blacks from pursuing these opportunities.

The money is DEFINITELY out there. And many in our community DEFINITELY need to be more informed about how to submit grant contracts. No shade but it just sounds like you trying to shoot down ideas.

Of course, whites get the lions share of these resources, but in a lot of cases, I’ve seen companies, universities, programs and businesses trying to GIVE away money and representatives from our community aren’t there while every other special interest group is filling out RFPs, developing budgets, collecting data to justify significance statements for grants and all. We just need to develop the skill set in our community to take advantage of these opportunities IMO.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
With Black developers and Black contractors they're going to need employees to do the work, which means they're going to hire Black people within those neighborhoods, you don't think that creating jobs and businesses in Black community isn't going to help those Black families get out of poverty, along with other social programs that are available.

Which leave another 60 to 70% that is not, so they should know how to apply for Grants, and if getting PPP was easy, so should this since it's not specifically for Black people like a few of y'all was saying in here right :martin:
Yep.

@Maquina probably never lived in a black city.

This is how basically most of the south, especially ATL was built.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
How? I don’t get the tone of your posts in this thread. As someone who legitimately has written grants, seen multiple blacks people start businesses, fund entire programs, educational
opportunities, mentorship networks from grants—it just seems like you are trying to discourage blacks from pursuing these opportunities.

The money is DEFINITELY out there. And many in our community DEFINITELY need to be more informed about how to submit grant contracts. No shade but it just sounds like you trying to shoot down ideas.

Of course, whites get the lions share of these resources, but in a lot of cases, I’ve seen companies, universities, programs and businesses trying to GIVE away money and representatives from our community aren’t there while every other special interest group is filling out RFPs, developing budgets, collecting data to justify significance statements for grants and all. We just need to develop the skill set in our community to take advantage of these opportunities IMO.
Yep.

Then @Maquina useless ass will come in here when non-black civil groups sue the government for these programs discriminating against them for trying to give money to black organizations.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Slowly changing your tune i see, now it’s we need black developers in positions tonsucceed

But you want to argue when I say we need more black developers period and in order to do that we need people in those communities to be taught the game start to finish

It’s clear you understand what I’m saying , but you don’t wanna own up to it because you’ve buried yourself to deep in being anti-whatever I say
Yes. This is how black businesses are built.

The government is not gonna fund popsicle stands.

They're going to give out resources to black contractors to build and invest in their areas.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
With all your individualistic views and blacks need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and the penchant to misgender folks - you sure could pull off being a republican
I'm not a republican, as you can tell by my current screen name.

Im saying that this is a great program with great potential and shouldn't be overlooked.

Your broke ass can't see that, however.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Yep.

Then @Maquina useless ass will come in here when non-black civil groups sue the government for these programs discriminating against them for trying to give money to black organizations.
It’s funny b/c I was just about to start a black grant-writing thread to give tips, b/c I’ve sat on grant committees where we had to grade grants, and I’ve also written grants as well. There’s specific RFPs for blacks and other minority groups. Whites line up for these opportunities and we should be mobilizing to do so as well. It’s not an easy process and whoever writes the grant needs to make sure they have PIs and co-PIs that will keep up with the paperwork and make sure they pass the annual reviews yearly. It’s a process but nowhere near as insurmountable as people making it seem.
And once you link up with someone whose already received funding, it’s even easier.
I know some blk business owners who have grant and government contracts that are making B A N K.

A lot of business have funds they have to get rid of at the end of grant cycles, but many of us aren’t in the know to take advantage of them.

shyt, if nothing else, thanks for putting it on people’s radars. Geez

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It’s funny b/c I was just about to start a black grant-writing thread to give tips, b/c I’ve sat on grant committees where we had to grade grants, and I’ve also written grants as well. There’s specific RFPs for blacks and other minority groups. Whites line up for these opportunities and we should be mobilizing to do so as well. It’s not an easy process and whoever writes the grant needs to make sure they have PIs and co-PIs that will keep up with the paperwork and make sure they pass the annual reviews yearly. It’s a process but nowhere near as insurmountable as people making it seem.
And once you link up with someone whose already received funding, it’s even easier.
I know some blk business owners who have grant and government contracts that are making B A N K.

A lot of business have funds they have to get rid of at the end of grant cycles, but many of us aren’t in the know to take advantage of them.

Look, its not easy.

And you may fail...but theres shyt out there and people are ignoring the lay ups.

Maquina

Banned
Daps

Avoided the question I asked

But the PPP loan is not the the same complexity as land development - they made it super easy for businesses with a couple of forms and working with the banks . Not sure why you think the type of programs are even similar other than being federal in nature

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Avoided the question I asked

But the PPP loan is not the the same complexity as land development - they made it super easy for businesses with a couple of forms and working with the banks . Not sure why you think the type of programs are even similar other than being federal in nature
It’s too hard for you. Go play with your legos.

Mashal88

All Star
Daps

I eagerly anticipate that thread. This is the information we(well some of us) want and need.

Maquina

Banned
Daps

I’m trying to be super nice but you’re being very ignorant.

No where did I say or discourage blacks from taking advantage of any programs.

This simply isnt written as a black program.

I’ve also been on boards where grant money was determined and I’ve advocated for money earmarked for communities INCLUDE black owned business and language that ensured blacks got first crack at money or the benefit of the money.

I can’t go point by point on the rest of the ignorant things you’ve stated because you already proved my point that the LION SHARE goes to non-blacks.

No go back and read everything I’ve wrote, which 100% aligns to that 1 point you admitted to.

The lack of blacks being able to take advantage is because there’s no one actually working with blacks start to finish specifically those in the community to ensure money can circulate within those communities .

When I was in a board for example . I ensured money was allocated to setup in community sales force when a big financial services was putting money in and ensured there would be educational programs to setup black agencies and brokers. If you’re going to sell financial services in the community it should be from people of the community and everyone benefits.

So why y’all are talking individualistically inchallenge you to think how you would look at something more inclusive that uplifts not just the exterior but the interior of the community

Look past your nose - takes maturity

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I’m trying to be super nice but you’re being very ignorant.

No where did I say or discourage blacks from taking advantage of any programs.

This simply isnt written as a black program.

I’ve also been on boards where grant money was determined and I’ve advocated for money earmarked for communities INCLUDE black owned business and language that ensured blacks got first crack at money or the benefit of the money.

I can’t go point by point on the rest of the ignorant things you’ve stated because you already proved my point that the LION SHARE goes to non-blacks.

No go back and read everything I’ve wrote, which 100% aligns to that 1 point you admitted to.

The lack of blacks being able to take advantage is because there’s no one actually working with blacks start to finish specifically those in the community to ensure money can circulate within those communities .

When I was in a board for example . I ensured money was allocated to setup in community sales force when a big financial services was putting money in and ensured there would be educational programs to setup black agencies and brokers. If you’re going to sell financial services in the community it should be from people of the community and everyone benefits.

So why y’all are talking individualistically inchallenge you to think how you would look at something more inclusive that uplifts not just the exterior but the interior of the community

Look past your nose - takes maturity
It’s a black program. Non black programs don’t get money to invest in black areas with the imprimatur of black politicians

All this "hand holding" shyt is going to have to come from black people.

Maquina

Banned
Daps

You wrote literally what I’ve stated in just a personal lens but also in a way that you make it sound like you’re saying something differently.

I can tell you write grants lol 😂 the way you did that takes skill