There’s a crisis with the new generation of American Hoopers

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
I think this is going to be a much bigger problem going forward. Every year, more and more of the top 50 is becoming riddled with children of former basketball players and children who come from means. It’s gonna be a lot harder for the “hungry” kid to make it out of his particular circumstance in the states because the game is started to be gatekept at the lower levels imo. The dude who used to go to the hood to make sure a kid with potential got the right exposure is leaving him there in favor of his own son who with the right training and push can probably get to 70% of what the other kid could achieve.

This isn’t happening overseas. The best players get all the training and push. We’re watering our product down over here.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a kid that plays AAU I agree the culture needs to change in America. What I’ve noticed is entitlement. They think cuz they play AAU and train with a professional there ballers. When we coming up we used to go to the park and play pick up games, 21, even horse slot of kids don’t do that it’s just AAU and work with a trainer. A lot of these trainers not teaching fundamentals to help them for in game play they learn that overseas early. Them overseas dudes ready early where as in America it’s entitlement

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I have a kid that plays AAU I agree the culture needs to change in America. What I’ve noticed is entitlement. They think cuz they play AAU and train with a professional there ballers. When we coming up we used to go to the park and play pick up games, 21, even horse slot of kids don’t do that it’s just AAU and work with a trainer. A lot of these trainers not teaching fundamentals to help them for in game play they learn that overseas early. Them overseas dudes ready early where as in America it’s entitlement
Grew up with nikkas like this. Swore they were too nice to ball with us bc they played AAU and did drills after school :mjlol:

But the playground is where you hone those skills. A lot of them thought they were much better than they really were.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Grew up with nikkas like this. Swore they were too nice to ball with us bc they played AAU and did drills after school :mjlol:

But the playground is where you hone those skills. A lot of them thought they were much better than they really were.
All that free gear and traveling and mixtapes be warping them and everyone’s minds frankly. But it’s that’s the power of controlling people’s electricity through show, because the game in America is simply just a show

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Basically what people don’t realize is these tournaments is a money making ponzi almost. You gotta pay to get it pay to eat and the games is all over the place just basically a showcase for recruiters.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Add to the fact social media everyone trying to play for clips instead of just loving the game. When we grew up we played cuz we loved basketball. We’d stay outside till it was dark. Now kids just wanna train AAU school games etc. The defense spacing at these AAU games is horrible coaching horrible.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do think there are some good AAU programs out there I don’t bash it all the way. Here’s the thing some of them may practice once or twice a week and others may practice 5 days a week. That’s why there are soo many blowouts in the tournaments.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Without the injuries, Zion would be considered the most efficient scorer in NBA history, abd if he retired today, he would retire with the most efficient 25ppg in NBA history.

I think the inability for players to stay healthy has a lot to do with all of the AAU playing as a youngins. shyt might be breaking nikkas bodies down early.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Without the injuries, Zion would be considered the most efficient scorer in NBA history, abd if he retired today, he would retire with the most efficient 25ppg in NBA history.

I think the inability for players to stay healthy has a lot to do with all of the AAU playing as a youngins. shyt might be breaking nikkas bodies down early.
It is breaking down their bodies. Children and teenagers are not supposed to be waking up at 7am to play 3 games and flying around the country, it messes with the natural rest cycle they need. Sometimes I look at how these dudes walk and I notice a lot of them have this exaggerated sway side to side when they walk in their slides and I wonder if they do that to alleviate knee and ankle pressure