There’s a crisis with the new generation of American Hoopers

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Naw, it is the parents. It is ultimately the parents that have to put up the money for all of these things. The tournaments, the sponsors, etc. The system takes advantage of the parents too. I see far too many kids, traveling from state to state, only to sit on the bench for practically the entire weekend and shoot just 5 shots over 4 games. In lieu of that, they could have been at the crib, shooting jump shots, working on fitness and their ball handling but parents can be delusional also. More practice, less games. I see these kids. If a kid has dribbled 14 consecutive dribbles before a shot or pass, he's dribbled way too long but crackhead ass parents don't want that. They want their kids to have a bag. My son has a bag and I don't encourage that. Get to your spots and put in work. Save the and1 shyt for when you are messing around.
They put up money because there is no alternative. If the system was different, they wouldn't do this. The NBA needs to step in and set up a proper youth training structure, remove leeches from profiteering from it, and provide an appropriate basketball education with certified coaches.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
They put up money because there is no alternative. If the system was different, they wouldn't do this. The NBA needs to step in and set up a proper youth training structure, remove leeches from profiteering from it, and provide an appropriate basketball education with certified coaches.
Agreed

The biggest problem is that outside of Baseball, and Hockey most Pro leagues in the US have relied on the NCAA as their farm system.

It worked well in favor of the NBA for many years and saves professional owners the BIG COST and RISK of investing in and developing talent.

Even tho the system seems broken now it's gonna take a lot for one of these clubs to see the benefit in investing in academies.

They also would have to do away with the draft cause no owner is gonna develop a talent just to have him drafted by another franchise.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Played AAU ball, played against American high school teams, played college ball at Kentucky. Developed entirely in the American system.

But he’s a “foreigner” because he’s from fukking Canada.

:mjlol:
Jamal stayed in Ontario his whole prep career

He went to Orangeville Prep which is a basketball academy

He didn't come to the states full time till he went to Kentucky.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Agreed

The biggest problem is that outside of Baseball, and Hockey most Pro leagues in the US have relied on the NCAA as their farm system.

It worked well in favor of the NBA for many years and saves professional owners the BIG COST and RISK of investing in and developing talent.

Even tho the system seems broken now it's gonna take a lot for one of these clubs to see the benefit in investing in academies.

They also would have to do away with the draft cause no owner is gonna develop a talent just to have him drafted by another franchise.
my thing is I don’t think you need to do a system for each team. Have an NBA academy in seven regions and all the teams funnel money into it. The best players in the country from 13-18 Have a competition where players have to keep their spots or go home in June at a super camp/tournament in each age group. This could be a made for TV reality show type of event Where they are followed all year—that’s how you develop that marketing cache people think the college game does.

I would do away with a draft because it’s stupid and anti labor, but the league makes money off it and it does provide some balance. The best players in this pool are draft eligible or they could go to college if not selected. A player could become better in college and it may help them.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Jalen Brown making 300 mil and can't go left :blessed:

fukk your fundamentals the checks still clearing :blessed:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Naw, it is the parents. It is ultimately the parents that have to put up the money for all of these things. The tournaments, the sponsors, etc. The system takes advantage of the parents too. I see far too many kids, traveling from state to state, only to sit on the bench for practically the entire weekend and shoot just 5 shots over 4 games. In lieu of that, they could have been at the crib, shooting jump shots, working on fitness and their ball handling but parents can be delusional also. More practice, less games. I see these kids. If a kid has dribbled 14 consecutive dribbles before a shot or pass, he's dribbled way too long but crackhead ass parents don't want that. They want their kids to have a bag. My son has a bag and I don't encourage that. Get to your spots and put in work. Save the and1 shyt for when you are messing around.
These aren't parent issues.