There’s a crisis with the new generation of American Hoopers

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Add to the fact social media everyone trying to play for clips instead of just loving the game. When we grew up we played cuz we loved basketball. We’d stay outside till it was dark. Now kids just wanna train AAU school games etc. The defense spacing at these AAU games is horrible coaching horrible.
There was nothing like when nikkas from other neighborhoods came to your court to play your 5… some of the best runs of my life…

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
And all we do is make excuses and complain.

The Hollywood example is a perfect comp for the current NBA

USA been done ..

But we too prideful and used to being "#1" to actually look at ourselves .
:snoop:
Look what the men’s soccer team had to do just to be competitive. A roster full of technical Americans who grew up outside of the states.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
That’s debatable
Debatable that they're too preoccupied with guns and buns?

Or that they're the two with most potential?

If the latter, I agree. Truth be told, when discussing individuals with the most potential, it's always debatable. Since potential is what we believe they could do in theory. People could improve or regress for a million different reasons.

But I think it's clear, at them moment, Ja and Zion are distracted by dumb things.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
And all we do is make excuses and complain.

The Hollywood example is a perfect comp for the current NBA

USA been done ..

But we too prideful and used to being "#1" to actually look at ourselves .
:snoop:
How?
They stay winning fiba under 17 every year
Other countries have like one star

America still ahead of everyone by a mile

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Debatable that they're too preoccupied with guns and buns?

Or that they're the two with most potential?

If the latter, I agree. Truth be told, when discussing individuals with the most potential, it's always debatable. Since potential is what we believe they could do in theory. People could improve or regress for a million different reasons.

But I think it's clear, at them moment, Ja and Zion are distracted by dumb things.
Two with the most potential

Depending on what you consider young but ant, Tatum, jaylen brown, dude in Orlando, maybe Cade, maybe mobley, maybe jalen duran

I would consider them having higher ceilings

And I’m probably missing some dudes, cause I have a sneaky suspicion that jaden Ivey will be better than ja eventually

And super Lowkey that Kenny dude in Memphis might have a better bag than Zion on the undersized big man scoring side of the game

Ja and Zion are super athletes so that shyt translates well to the pros but I haven’t seen any improvement really in either of them

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
How?
They stay winning fiba under 17 every year
Other countries have like one star

America still ahead of everyone by a mile
I don't agree

We don't dominate the lesser tournaments, Which at one point in time we did even when we didn't send our best.

To me thats a trending sign.

Also, As far as the NBA level is concerned I don't know how anyone can consider the fact that the past 5 MVP's have been foreign players.

And Luka still will prolly when one really soon.

The sample size is getting pretty big bro.

The US is nowhere near as dominate as we once were.

The Mens College game being trash doesn't help either and this article talks about it :

Article : https://www.theringer.com/nba-draft...sketball-talent-2023-nba-draft-brandon-miller

I'm seeing trends that can't be ignored.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Iso ball and 1vs1 ball isn’t that entertaining unless it’s the last 5 minutes of a close game or you’re team is in must need of points because nobody else on your team got anything going on.

Unless your Kyrie who’s an artist and does it effortlessly, unpredictably and within the flow of the game its usually trash.

Ironically iso ball is a reason why I hate watching Luka ball and he ain’t American.
:mjgrin:
the best highlights come from isolation

it's natural blacktop hoops

the most essential form of the sport

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was nothing like when nikkas from other neighborhoods came to your court to play your 5… some of the best runs of my life…
Yo that was what we did in the 90s. Summertime being at the park great memories. Another thing that’s missing is real mentors and OGs in the neighborhoods. If it was beef sometimes we didn’t even have to scrap we’d just settle it on the court. Nowadays the playground is empty

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
the best highlights come from isolation

it's natural blacktop hoops

the most essential form of the sport

Disagree

Not a Warriors or Spurs fan but one thing I appreciate about both teams is they have shown how superior ball movement, AND moving without the ball are.

This a team game and that can't change

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Disagree

Not a Warriors or Spurs fan but one thing I appreciate about both teams is they have shown how superior ball movement, AND moving without the ball are.

This a team game and that can't change
facts

winning hoops is all about team play

but the highlights that get billions of views are defenders getting crossed dropped jumpers shot in their face taken into the paint & put in the rim