There is no JRPG better than Persona 4 (golden)

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get heated from online conversations and take a walk outside brehs :heh:.

Yeah I used to want to be a game designer so I tend to take this thing a little too seriously. My apologies for that.

I'm not the one who made a thread like my opinion is infalliable am I? I don't have a "best" I have a selection of games that could be in consideration for it and would be able to formulate tangible arguments as to why.

Valkyrie Profile 1/2
Final fantasy 7/9/10/12/Tactics
Xenosaga 3
Chrono Cross
Kingdom Hearts 2
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Star Ocean 3
Suikoden 2/3/5
Digital Devil Saga
Persona 3
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Baten Kaitos

Were all better games than P4G to me. Thats just my opinion but if it came to it I would be able to articulate why each is better too not just fire off emotion over a videogame as some of you are doing.

btw Skies of Arcadia was largely average and Grandia is not better :yeshrug:

heh.....I used to have epic arguments on gamefaqs over this game lol....

How do you feel about the major plot twist in that game?

My top 5??

Idk, it changes and I can't remember every single game but I can try.

1.)Persona 4 GOLDEN(Not regular Persona 4)
2.)Kingdom Hearts 2
3.)Final Fantasy VII
4.)Tales of Symphonia
5.)Golden Sun

Question: Have you ever played FF6 and/or Tales of the Abyss? You should.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not the one who made a thread like my opinion is infalliable am I? I don't have a "best" I have a selection of games that could be in consideration for it and would be able to formulate tangible arguments as to why.

Valkyrie Profile 1/2
Final fantasy 7/9/10/12/Tactics
Xenosaga 3
Chrono Cross
Kingdom Hearts 2
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Star Ocean 3
Suikoden 2/3/5
Digital Devil Saga
Persona 3
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Baten Kaitos

Were all better games than P4G to me. Thats just my opinion but if it came to it I would be able to articulate why each is better too not just fire off emotion over a videogame as some of you are doing.

btw Skies of Arcadia was largely average and Grandia is not better :yeshrug:
Sooo.. I gave you reasons why and you just brushed it off. I told you the difference and you said it's not different. You already came in with your opinion that it's not worthy of being called a great game and you said incorrect things such as it's all the same since the first one which is incorrect. Me explaining that to you is seen as emotional?? :stopitslime:

Funny thing is I don't really like Persona 3FES so far and if you said all that about 3 I'd agree. :yeshrug:
I have a lot of RPG games I like but I can easily say Persona 4 Golden was more impactful to me than the others. i enjoyed the dialogue A LOT. :yeshrug: I don't have to explain why I like the shyt, I just do. The reasons I like it may not be yours. Are you going to say people who think Journey for PS3 is the best game of all time idiots? W/e though, I'm done here. You and angelic can :cook:.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Skies of Arcadia name drop made me happy...Loved that joint.

Persona belongs in conversations about JRPG's and series' fam...it's that simple. Goin' on it's 5th installment and it's still going strong which is nice bc a lot of the other great series have gotten dropped or are falling off.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Question: Have you ever played FF6 and/or Tales of the Abyss? You should.
I started to play FF6 and I never played Tales of the Abyss. It's too many time consuming RPG games for me to play all of them, I play a lot of other genre's too. I just don't see why the thread starter struck a nerve with you two as to why it's their favorite game.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
heh.....I used to have epic arguments on gamefaqs over this game lol....

How do you feel about the major plot twist in that game?
I first played through it when I was like 14 or something so it didn't really resonate in my head how absurd it was. I was too busy tinkering with all the ill gameplay mechanics. Going back to it, its ridiculous and dumb but not enough to kill the game. Gameplay was probably top 5 in an rpg ever, and the oodles of extra content :wow: I can deal with a lil fukkery story wise for that.

Sooo.. I gave you reasons why and you just brushed it off. Funny thing is I don't really like Persona 3FES so far and if you said all that about 3 I'd agree. :yeshrug:
I have a lot of RPG games I like but I can easily say Persona 4 Golden was more impactful to me than the others. i enjoyed the dialogue A LOT. :yeshrug: I don't have to explain why I like the shyt, I just do. The reasons I like it may not be yours. Are you going to say people who think Journey for PS3 is the best game of all time idiots?

I mean thats cool and all man, but this is similar to someone going on a music board and making a thread title "Good Kid Mad City" is the greatest rap album of all time. Dope project for sure, but where do you draw the line between opinion and lunacy?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean thats cool and all man, but this is similar to someone going on a music board and making a thread title "Good Kid Mad City" is the greatest rap album of all time. Dope project for sure, but where do you draw the line between opinion and lunacy?
It's lunacy TO YOU! That's what I'm getting at. You don't know why it's their greatest rap album of all time to them. They may have grown up in that environment, felt like the songs and lyrics were made for them. Everyone's experience and conscience is different so one thing that may seem insignificant to you is incredible to someone else. I don't get mad at people saying things like this. I liked GKMC, I won't say it's the best rap album of all time but it's a damn good album. I enjoyed Section 8 more. Anyway, it's all opinions breh. I'm going to make a thread saying that Zero Escape: 9 doors, 9 hours, 9 persons is the best game story ever told and I will get hate, I don't care. I think the story for that game is the best story ever told in a video game.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It's lunacy TO YOU! That's what I'm getting at. You don't know why it's their greatest rap album of all time to them. They may have grown up in that environment, felt like the songs and lyrics were made for them. Everyone's experience and conscience is different so one thing that may seem insignificant to you is incredible to someone else. I don't get mad at people saying things like this. I liked GKMC, I won't say it's the best rap album of all time but it's a damn good album. I enjoyed Section 8 more. Anyway, it's all opinions breh. I'm going to make a thread saying that Zero Escape: 9 doors, 9 hours, 9 persons is the best game story ever told and I will get hate, I don't care. I think the story for that game is the best story ever told in a game.

thats cool man. All I'm saying is if I disagree I will voice it opinion or not. If you make a huge blanket statement expect to receive comments in response to it. Your opinion is fine, but I will contest it if I disagree with it. Its not hate or anything, thats just how I operate irl as well. Its no ill will in any way breh.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thats cool man. All I'm saying is if I disagree I will voice it opinion or not. If you make a huge blanket statement expect to receive comments in response to it. Your opinion is fine, but I will contest it if I disagree with it. Its not hate or anything, thats just how I operate irl as well. Its no ill will in any way breh.
And likewise over here, any statement made I disagree with will be met with opposition. :obama:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I first played through it when I was like 14 or something so it didn't really resonate in my head how absurd it was. I was too busy tinkering with all the ill gameplay mechanics. Going back to it, its ridiculous and dumb but not enough to kill the game. Gameplay was probably top 5 in an rpg ever, and the oodles of extra content :wow: I can deal with a lil fukkery story wise for that.

I beat the final boss in a couple of seconds just spamming SIDE KICK!

Yeah tri-Ace games tend to have over-the-top customization and many variables you can mess with that influence the gameplay. Really hope they make a Valkyrie Profile 3 (a real VP3 not the crap they made on the DS).

Have you played Resonance of Fate? I haven't touched that shyt because it looks so stupid but since I'm so desperate for games I might buy it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yeah tri-Ace games tend to have over-the-top customization and many variables you can mess with that influence the gameplay. Really hope they make a Valkyrie Profile 3 (a real VP3 not the crap they made on the DS).

Have you played Resonance of Fate? I haven't touched that shyt because it looks so stupid but since I'm so desperate for games I might buy it.
Yes!! That's the game I was trying to remember it's name yesterday. The combat in that game is fukking complex as hell. :smh:. It took me a while to figure out how to inflict damage like :wtf:. It was a cool game.
Also you should try out Valkaryia Chronicles for PS3. Pretty good too.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Yes!! That's the game I was trying to remember it's name yesterday. The combat in that game is fukking complex as hell. :smh:. It took me a while to figure out how to inflict damage like :wtf:. It was a cool game.

I lost my patience with ROF...It was just too much.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
how? can ya'll nikkas not read? I already said p4 is a good game. can you find anywhere in this thread where I said the persona series is garbs. I just don't think p4 is the near the best jrpgs have to offer. thats it. personally I'd rate p3 8.25 and p4 7.75. good but flawed games, I don't see where the vitriol is coming from for my opinion.

I bought p3-4, and beat both. I will buy 5. they are good jrpgs...just not the best. I don't see why that distinction in my opinion seems to have you nikkas in an uproar.

1. No uproar, just stating what is.
2. They're great games, not just good and has always been universally stated as such, cept for the likes of hater cats like yourself.
3. Cuz you seem to have a beacon set on the series to come state your au contrary opinion of it at all times, both slighting the series and the players that like the series.
4. You's a pretentious fukk.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

It literally takes you like 4 hours to even figure out how to kill shyt in that game :deadrose: You'll be stuck in the first dungeon for a minute. Once you figure it out its pretty fun, still a clusterfukk of systems.

You ever beat the seraphic gate in S03?

So much lost sleep trying to beat this bytch

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah that's another game I might buy since I'm in a gaming drought. All I play these days are MW2 (only CoD game I liked). I have a stacked of PS3 games I barely touched.

Never thought there would be a day where I would look forward to the next Persona rather than the next Final Fantasy.