"The X-Files" limited series/Season 10 thread (4/20/17 update: Renewed for season 11)

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Noel Gallagher - Teotihuacan (X Files Fight the F…:

:to:

Fight The Future is a personal GOAT, and I seen like five total EPs of the show.

I need Scully in red hair :blessed:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
You're the one running up in threads talking about he retired like ya'll pillow talking
only a product of gomorra would think like that to everyone else it would be chalked up as wishful thinking

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

The X-Files Return is Officially Happening

Mulder and Scully will be back on TV for a new six-episode event series.

24 MAR 2015 BY ERIC GOLDMAN

mulderscullyjpeg-88461b_160w.jpg

It's official: Mulder and Scully are back!

FOX have confirmed the deal is done for The X-Files to return as a new "event" series, comprised of six episodes, with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson back as FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

Said The X-Files creator Chris Carter, in the press release announcing the show's return, "I think of it as a 13-year commercial break. The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

Production will begin this summer, but other details will be revealed later, including when the show will air on FOX.

Said Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group, “We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of The X-Files – one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers – and we couldn’t be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again. The X-Files was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as The X-Files, and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they’ve been waiting for.”

The six-episode run is notably short for network TV, even as the idea of shorter run "event" or "limited" series are embraced, including FOX's recent 24: Live Another Day series, which ran for 12 episodes. But it was known that scheduling Duchovny and Anderson was going to be particularly tricky, despite their enthusiasm for the project - Duchovny will be seen later this year in NBC's new series Aquarius and Anderson is a series regular on both Hannibal and The Fall (which was recently renewed for Season 3).

The X-Files ran for nine seasons on FOX, from 1993-2002 and there have been two features films based off the series.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/24/the-x-files-revival-officially-ordered-for-six-episode-season

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think it's best to ignore the main story for now if all they have is 6 episodes....let those come out, it should be successful, then the next batch of episodes can focus on the main story.

I'm excited about this but I need to know who they got writing the 6.

Fred.