"The X-Files" limited series/Season 10 thread (4/20/17 update: Renewed for season 11)

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I'd much rather Chris Carter just get the support he needs to do the show he already got picked up for a season (The After). There is no reason he can't feature X-Files, Millenium or Lonegunmen chars on there, but tryna reboot or continue those series seems like a terrible idea.

Same for 24.

24 and X-Files are both iconic shows.
If they want to do more Prison Break, whatever. It has a fanbase but its not in most peoples top 10s or must watch lists. X-Files and 24 is sacred ground.
At this rate I expect to turn on fox and see "I Like Lucy" and "Gilly's Isle" premieres in the spirit of "Girl Meets World"

These writers suck dikk nowadays.
No innovation whatsoever

:trash:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
thats why american tv sucks. They force twenty episodes per season and wonder why shows are watered down. Im not saying tv should be like the british and have 4 episodes. But they should be condensed, and believe in quality over quantity.

American? :dahell:

America been putting out the best TV the last 15+ years....easily...."The Wire", "Sopranos", "Breaking Bad", "Game Of Thrones", "Mad Men", "Fargo", "True Detective", "The Knick", etc.

That's not even counting other random shows like "Justified" or "The Americans".

If you're talking about network TV ok....but even that's not accurate when "Hannibal" is dominating every "best of" list.

UK shows are cool but they don't even support their best shyt, like "Utopia".

Fred.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
American? :dahell:

America been putting out the best TV the last 15+ years....easily...."The Wire", "Sopranos", "Breaking Bad", "Game Of Thrones", "Mad Men", "Fargo", "True Detective", "The Knick", etc.

That's not even counting other random shows like "Justified" or "The Americans".

If you're talking about network TV ok....but even that's not accurate when "Hannibal" is dominating every "best of" list.

UK shows are cool but they don't even support their best shyt, like "Utopia".

Fred.

Some of those shows you listed (like the Wire, Game of Thones) are top notch, A+ shows. Some are merely A, A- and even B+
All worth watching, but don't think that UK doesn't have A+ shows that sit most of that list down.

Black Mirror for example.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Some of those shows you listed (like the Wire, Game of Thones) are top notch, A+ shows. Some are merely A, A- and even B+
All worth watching, but don't think that UK doesn't have A+ shows that sit most of that list down.

Black Mirror for example.

Breh I watch more foreign cinema than domestic....so if foreign shows were superior I'd be the first to admit....but they aren't. "Black Mirror" is dope but at best it's B tier compared to most of the shows I listed. Hell, "Black Mirror" isn't even better than the OG "Twilight Zone" if we're going off comparable shows....and there is no foreign equivalent to "The Wire", "Sopranos", or "Breaking Bad", in terms of critical praise or pop culture impact.

Fred.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Surprised this thread reached 5 pages, scully does movies and is eating good off the fall.Wentworth miller has quit acting and live another day already showed homeland is this decades 24.Since when did "pondering" need to be reported

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
PB was very good, then they ruined it with Sona etc

I did like this dude though.
WyattMatthews_3840.jpg

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'd like an X-Files with different mains and I wouldn't mind a reboot either. I remember reading somehwere that had a nice suggestion of Jensen Ackles and Eva Green playing Mulder and Scully respectively for an X-File reboot.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I hope this is the beginning of a new trend.

I would love it if more classic shows were brought back for one season

Seinfeld :blessed:

That kinda happened on Curb Your Enthusiasm. One whole season was about doing a Seinfeld reunion and you got to see "footage" from the episode.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Not a fan of these shows but I like the idea of older shows continuing. Not necessarily stuff that's decades old but I prefer the UK's format of doing a "series" of 3/4/6/whatever episodes and then breaking for what sometimes is years, and then coming back for another run.

American networks run a lot of shows into the ground by churning them out year after year for 10 to 20+ episodes. People burn out on that stuff; the people making it and the viewers.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I just heard about the 24 situation, I don't want to watch a 24 season without Jack Da Gawd.... however a season revolving around Tony Almeida on a rescue mission I would support. Tony is the only person just as gully and not giving a fukk as Jack Bauer.