"The X-Files" limited series/Season 10 thread (4/20/17 update: Renewed for season 11)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly
I just started Justified. Is this a procedural or nah? First few episodes have been :ld:

First few episodes of the first season are like that. They really found their footing in the second season where it becomes more arc focused while still doing procedural stuff. Very much like the X files

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And, they kept the OG intro:

x-files-intro-o.gif

...90s Kid:banderas::blessed:

Last edited:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Terrible episode.

Duchovny seems either bored or hes just lost the ability to tap into mulder as a character. Matter of fact all the acting in this was poor.

His convo with scully on the porch was bad acting and bad writing, i was :mjlol: at how forced it was.

Joel mchale is corny and sticks out horribly. Horrible casting. Chris carter is a terrible writer.

Episode was a poorly misguided attempt to connect x-files myhtology,which was always pretty silly,to current events and falling flat on its face.

I've been saying this show has been left in the dust by tv as a medium expanding and dragging its corpse out was a bad idea. This episode might have been acceptable in the 90s,not now.

Just old yeller this. Show was a parody of itself the last movie and few seasons and this is continuing its trend.
Same problem with bringin back 24. All these old network shows are too dated at this point. Tv has improved too much. No disrespect meant either caus both -24 and xflies are classics

I hate how fox and the networks can't come up with anything knew so they just do spinoffs and reboots, or straight up copy cable shows like they did with the Americans

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This episode is solid. I can understand those who haven't grown up to X-Files not feeling what's going on because there's like 9 SEASONS of information that is impossible to even to reintroduce to a whole new generation of people that may of been little kids or weren't even born yet. That said, I feel they did a fine job addressing the general basis which was Mulder's obsession with aliens on Earth due to his mysterious kidnapping of his sister, Skully's skepticism and need to use real science to prove or disprove anything Mulder theorized..... then scrapping all of that that happened within those 9 seasons out the window and start anew (mainly to tell the newer audience that you it won't be necessary to go back and watch 9 seasons just to know what's going on) and then starting fresh with the government stealing alien data for their mass purposes of control of the planet.

So, essentially this is a reboot. The challenge is if the old formula that been successful for them in the past is going to work with this ADHD generation that gets bored when there's little to no action which X-Files always been. It's never a fast paced type of show, but a slow burner with a lot of intrigue and mystery about aliens, mysticism, and the relative unknown all built under a grand government conspiracy. The GOOD news is that this mini-series is just 6 episodes so, I think after reestablishing everything from this premier, starting TONIGHT will put things up to a faster speed.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Terrible episode.

Duchovny seems either bored or hes just lost the ability to tap into mulder as a character. Matter of fact all the acting in this was poor.

His convo with scully on the porch was bad acting and bad writing, i was :mjlol: at how forced it was.

Joel mchale is corny and sticks out horribly. Horrible casting. Chris carter is a terrible writer.

Episode was a poorly misguided attempt to connect x-files myhtology,which was always pretty silly,to current events and falling flat on its face.

I've been saying this show has been left in the dust by tv as a medium expanding and dragging its corpse out was a bad idea. This episode might have been acceptable in the 90s,not now.

Just old yeller this. Show was a parody of itself the last movie and few seasons and this is continuing its trend.

I agree completely with everything you said.

The UFO stuff was mysterious and the reason why Mulder became what he is, but I really wish they would not focus on that. It would be cool if the reboot focused on the paranormal activity that occurs and have Mulder/Scully investigate that.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This episode is solid. I can understand those who haven't grown up to X-Files not feeling what's going on because there's like 9 SEASONS of information that is impossible to even to reintroduce to a whole new generation of people that may of been little kids or weren't even born yet. That said, I feel they did a fine job addressing the general basis which was Mulder's obsession with aliens on Earth due to his mysterious kidnapping of his sister, Skully's skepticism and need to use real science to prove or disprove anything Mulder theorized..... then scrapping all of that that happened within those 9 seasons out the window and start anew (mainly to tell the newer audience that you it won't be necessary to go back and watch 9 seasons just to know what's going on) and then starting fresh with the government stealing alien data for their mass purposes of control of the planet.

So, essentially this is a reboot. The challenge is if the old formula that been successful for them in the past is going to work with this ADHD generation that gets bored when there's little to no action which X-Files always been. It's never a fast paced type of show, but a slow burner with a lot of intrigue and mystery about aliens, mysticism, and the relative unknown all built under a grand government conspiracy. The GOOD news is that this mini-series is just 6 episodes so, I think after reestablishing everything from this premier, starting TONIGHT will put things up to a faster speed.

That is the thing homie this generation of tv viewers and America been dumbed down. Most these shows and even the cable shows aren't that good. You got a few minutes of talk and then time to kill some one, bust a nut or show some titles and curse. So if that shyt ain't happening in the first 20 minutes jokers can't pay attention. Most shows from the 90s, 80s and 70s blow the shyt now a days out the water from a story stand point. He'll look at the sitcoms and how crappy the writing is. Add to the fact everything is PC now where real issues are never addressed and you got a fukking cluster fukk on tv.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

That is the thing homie this generation of tv viewers and America been dumbed down. Most these shows and even the cable shows aren't that good. You got a few minutes of talk and then time to kill some one, bust a nut or show some titles and curse. So if that shyt ain't happening in the first 20 minutes jokers can't pay attention. Most shows from the 90s, 80s and 70s blow the shyt now a days out the water from a story stand point. He'll look at the sitcoms and how crappy the writing is. Add to the fact everything is PC now where real issues are never addressed and you got a fukking cluster fukk on tv.
:mjlol:

WHAT? Do you guys live in bizzaro land?

In an age where we've had brilliant shows like The Wire,Mad Men,Breaking Bad, Game of thrones etc these posts are straight up nonsense.

Tv as a medium is heads and shoulders above the garbage that was produced in the 70-90s period. Theres a reason we are living in the golden age of televsion right now.

You want to talk about adhd and stuff but shows nowadays are slow burn and have stories slowly developing over multiple seasons. Shows like x-files,80% of the episodes were procedural shyt where the entire story would be wrapped up in 40 minutes. THATS adhd shyt.

On top of that,the mythology over arching stuff goes nowhere. And then they just toss everything out the window and start again. Its just convoluted nonsense at this point. Show is downright comical at this point how dumb the story has gotten.

Show is antiquated and stuck in a different era where less was expected of tv shows.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

WHAT? Do you guys live in bizzaro land?

In an age where we've had brilliant shows like The Wire,Mad Men,Breaking Bad, Game of thrones etc these posts are straight up nonsense.

Tv as a medium is heads and shoulders above the garbage that was produced in the 70-90s period. Theres a reason we are living in the golden age of televsion right now.

You want to talk about adhd and stuff but shows nowadays are slow burn and have stories slowly developing over multiple seasons. Shows like x-files,80% of the episodes were procedural shyt where the entire story would be wrapped up in 40 minutes. THATS adhd shyt.

On top of that,the mythology over arching stuff goes nowhere. And then they just toss everything out the window and start again. Its just convoluted nonsense at this point. Show is downright comical at this point how dumb the story has gotten.

Show is antiquated and stuck in a different era where less was expected of tv shows.

The Wire is last decade... Breaking Bad is NEARLY half a decade ago itself! And Game of Thrones is a total apples and oranges. The point is, today's generation isn't conditioned to slow burners with little action type shows. X-Files was indeed partially procedural, but it also had a long story-line since the very 1st episode onto the last. And a feature length film that was in connection to that. The complaints I hear from last night's episode is typical of people expecting some kind of action, or huge phenomenon to erupt or some mind-fukkery. And that very will happen, but not in just one episode. This series is about the built up. Most of their procedural episodes back in the day were filler for the actual storyline. This one is 6 episodes so everything is going to be connected to one full storyline.

But you complaining about it being convoluted nonsense is partially the point as to why many try to discredit Mulder. His conspiracies are always been convoluted, that is part of his character. But there always be some bit of truth to some of his suspicions. I don't even understand why you complaining over this episode. It makes perfect sense to reboot. Nobody is going to go back and watch a full 9 seasons of information. Just the little bit that they said is a memory jog. Plus, it is nonsense to RETREAT old themes and theories in this current information age where we have social media and all that information out there. So, to flip it on some other shyt is logical and reasonable.

Unless you want to hate, just to troll.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I shut that shyt off 9 minutes in, horrible follow up.
the second season of TD is actually pretty good on its own imo. I didnt like it at first too but I think comparison to the first one throws it off. the first one is a masterpiece. the second season is good, but it cant touch the first one- and its completely different.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The Wire is last decade... Breaking Bad is NEARLY half a decade ago itself! And Game of Thrones is a total apples and oranges. The point is, today's generation isn't conditioned to slow burners with little action type shows. X-Files was indeed partially procedural, but it also had a long story-line since the very 1st episode onto the last. And a feature length film that was in connection to that. The complaints I hear from last night's episode is typical of people expecting some kind of action, or huge phenomenon to erupt or some mind-fukkery. And that very will happen, but not in just one episode. This series is about the built up. Most of their procedural episodes back in the day were filler for the actual storyline. This one is 6 episodes so everything is going to be connected to one full storyline.

But you complaining about it being convoluted nonsense is partially the point as to why many try to discredit Mulder. His conspiracies are always been convoluted, that is part of his character. But there always be some bit of truth to some of his suspicions. I don't even understand why you complaining over this episode. It makes perfect sense to reboot. Nobody is going to go back and watch a full 9 seasons of information. Just the little bit that they said is a memory jog. Plus, it is nonsense to RETREAT old themes and theories in this current information age where we have social media and all that information out there. So, to flip it on some other shyt is logical and reasonable.

Unless you want to hate, just to troll.
Again,your point makes 0 sense when tv shows nowadays are all about slow burn,long developing stories. Notice how none of netflix originals are procedural based shows? Or shows on amc,fx,hbo showtime,starz etc?

X-files is far more about instant gratification then most current shows.

If anything you have it completely backwards. Older shows had conditioned people to want instant gratification,thats why old people like shows like law and order and csi and ncis.

In fact,most fans of x-files loved the monster of the week stuff far more than they did the mythology episodes.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@MartyMcFly @hexagram23 Is it safe to watch this if you haven't finished watching the original series?

I heard only 2 of the episodes (the Premiere & the finale) are gonna be Mytharc episodes, while the the other 4 epsiodes are standalone/monster-of-the-week episodes. So I expect @Prodigal Syndicate to hate it.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
@MartyMcFly @hexagram23 Is it safe to watch this if you haven't finished watching the original series?

I heard only 2 of the episodes (the Premiere & the finale) are gonna be Mytharc episodes, while the the other 4 epsiodes are standalone/monster-of-the-week episodes. So I expect @Prodigal Syndicate to hate it.
How far along are you in the original?

From the first episode it appears its a soft reboot and the last few seasons look like they don't matter at all. So personally I'd say youre safe to watch.

And funny enough I think some of the monster of the week stuff is the stuff that holds up the best from the original show so maybe I'll like it better than the dismal first episode. :heh: