"The X-Files" limited series/Season 10 thread (4/20/17 update: Renewed for season 11)

all3rd

All Star
Daps
Not feeling the infowars files no need to make Mr. Jones work fiction or alien tech.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't mind it, but it was an ENTIRE episode of all exposition & setting the table. Those work in 20+ episode runs, but, when you're hitting with a quick 6, you need to get a little more done than world (re-)establish. That said, the season preview trailer looked more the proper speed for a show up & running rather than this 'starting the old engine back up' first episode. They needed to reset the table, so much of this might prove very necessary for the rest of the season, but 1 of 6 spent completely on that task is a bit much for such a limited run. It was cool though & I liked it better than that horseshyt second movie at least.

Also I was thinking off the previews this premiere was reminding me of Season 5's Redux, which it nearly is exactly. You have McHale in a Kritchkau role, helping w/ the exposition speeches w/ montages, and a 180 degree flip yet again on the mythology the same as in Redux where the onus goes off aliens and back onto the government. I always loved the way Redux set the table for the rest of that season so hopefully this does the same.

Penny 95

Pro
Daps
It was an interesting episode. There was a lot going on so it was a little hard for me to figure out how everything connected together, maybe they'll explain in it future episodes. I'm not sure if this entire season is based on this one case or if there will be a new story every week. Either way, I'll be tuned in.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I didn't mind it, but it was an ENTIRE episode of all exposition & setting the table. Those work in 20+ episode runs, but, when you're hitting with a quick 6, you need to get a little more done than world (re-)establish. That said, the season preview trailer looked more the proper speed for a show up & running rather than this 'starting the old engine back up' first episode. They needed to reset the table, so much of this might prove very necessary for the rest of the season, but 1 of 6 spent completely on that task is a bit much for such a limited run. It was cool though & I liked it better than that horseshyt second movie at least.

Also I was thinking off the previews this premiere was reminding me of Season 5's Redux, which it nearly is exactly. You have McHale in a Kritchkau role, helping w/ the exposition speeches w/ montages, and a 180 degree flip yet again on the mythology the same as in Redux where the onus goes off aliens and back onto the government. I always loved the way Redux set the table for the rest of that season so hopefully this does the same.

True fan of the show. I got lots of Redux vibes from this. I dunno though...shyt seemed really rushed. Can't say I enjoyed this that much, and I really wanted to. It just doesn't seem like this is on par with the type of TV that we've become accustomed to. So much exposition, cheesy FX, and I really think this would be better if they didn't only have 6 eps. With 6 eps it should've been all monster of the weeks maybe? As much as I like the mythology, 2 out of 6 total eps devoted to it isn't enough to do it justice.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
That was one of the most confusing and rushed hours of TV I've ever seen...and damn I guess they retconned the entire 9 seasons.

My thing is...how can Mulder believe it's the industrial military complex when he's been down this road before in season 5. He's seen aliens, they gave him telepathy at one point, he got infected with the black oil, he fought that alien bounty hunter...just seems weird.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That was one of the most confusing and rushed hours of TV I've ever seen...and damn I guess they retconned the entire 9 seasons.

My thing is...how can Mulder believe it's the industrial military complex when he's been down this road before in season 5. He's seen aliens, they gave him telepathy at one point, he got infected with the black oil, he fought that alien bounty hunter...just seems weird.

Yeah that is the part that throws me off. Hell mulder knows the date of the colonization. Maybe it is a reboot in that the last season or two didn't exist. It is weird but in saying that I enjoyed it because X-Files in unlike anything on TV. Most TV shows are pumped with sex and violence with very little plot that actually makes you think. That is why I always liked the show because it actually made you think and imagine.

Shame cause now a days TV is so dumb filled with special effects, explosions, sex, tons of violence and very little plot.

Hell it was worth seeing the smoking dude. He is one of the hardest villians to ever grace the screen.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

In Redux, they convinced him all the alien stuff was really just all the government and he slowly learns it's both in concert.

In this rework, there's still aliens, but the argument is everything he thought was the will and intention of aliens to colonize was actually the government using aliens and their tech to carry out their own agendas including possibly faking an alien invasion to seize ultimate power/money/control.

Now, is it a little unbelievable that Mulder's so quick to jump onto the bandwagon of Alex Beck/ Glenn Jones? Kinda, but he's also spent a near decade in a unibomber shack, so we're not exactly joining the same Mulder we left. Plus he's seen the colonization date come & go w/ nothing happening, so that's got to put some doubts in his head.

I'm not sold on this mythology rework, and I'm not sure it's actually a rework yet (like how the Redux revelations ultimately proved to be false) but it's decent enough for me to wait & see what they end up doing with it in this run before I judge if it's working or not.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
believe_the_lie.jpg

This was..interesting to say the least.

CSM was blown to bits..:martin:

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Terrible episode.

Duchovny seems either bored or hes just lost the ability to tap into mulder as a character. Matter of fact all the acting in this was poor.

His convo with scully on the porch was bad acting and bad writing, i was :mjlol: at how forced it was.

Joel mchale is corny and sticks out horribly. Horrible casting. Chris carter is a terrible writer.

Episode was a poorly misguided attempt to connect x-files myhtology,which was always pretty silly,to current events and falling flat on its face.

I've been saying this show has been left in the dust by tv as a medium expanding and dragging its corpse out was a bad idea. This episode might have been acceptable in the 90s,not now.

Just old yeller this. Show was a parody of itself the last movie and few seasons and this is continuing its trend.

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Conspiracist Hack AWLL up in the cameras:patrice: , gets Mulder out of Chill Mode:troll: The GAWD spit BARZ about real event demonic FUKKERY:ohlawd: Said, 9/11 False faq was the start of the Elite:demonic: plan to ETHER us with Alien Technology:damn: Meanwhile, Scully operates on deformed kids:whoo:, and not here for the Matrix Reloaded:usure: Yet, her DNA's part ET:banderas: Invisible UFO's runs on free energy:lupe: Skinner's still aggy:beli: Hole-stomach chick/Area 51 bunker NAPALMed:huhldup: B-b-but, how's it remotely possible Cigarette Man's Alive:mindblown: , when he blew up in the cave like Osama:dame: And, he's still smoking:what:; thru his trachea:dead: I WASN'T READY:bryan: My childhood came back with a vengeance:lawd: The Truth Is Still Out There:wow:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It was an interesting episode. There was a lot going on so it was a little hard for me to figure out how everything connected together, maybe they'll explain in it future episodes. I'm not sure if this entire season is based on this one case or if there will be a new story every week. Either way, I'll be tuned in.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
They should've pushed hard for 12 episodes..As a huge detailed show as the xfiles was, they need that extra episodes to showcase why this show is as good as it was at its peak , flesh out the details,showcase the actors really acting..a great story like most of season 4-5...

Exactly the xfiles cant be rushed its got to be told slowly.

Aside from that ive always fcked with xfiles because of its heavy lovecraftian themes which it seems to be adopting here, so Il'l be keeping an eye out for the next episodes.

Damn, they already introducing the aliens, no build up or nothing.

Right I had an issue with that to.

In fact the way they introduced the alien and ship crash aint sit well with me, it was to hollywood.

Aliens in the old xfiles were mysterious and almost always played the back ground, I like it better that way.