"The X-Files" limited series/Season 10 thread (4/20/17 update: Renewed for season 11)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They keep dragging on this series. Why not make a reboot with a newer, younger cast. Mulder and Scully are old as fukk.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They keep dragging on this series. Why not make a reboot with a newer, younger cast. Mulder and Scully are old as fukk.
Because the show doesnt work without them, its as much about Mulders journey as its about ufos etc , you shoehorn new characters in the show i.e dogget and reyes, its comes across as corny and forced

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because the show doesnt work without them, its as much about Mulders journey as its about ufos etc , you shoehorn new characters in the show i.e dogget and reyes, its comes across as corny and forced

It could only work if they attract the new generation. Most millennials aren't even familiar with the X-Files.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I always had to go to bed when show came on as a kid was this show any good?
:dahell: Was this a serious question?
i was just a kid breh when it came out :whoa:

:comeon: I was only 13 when the Series Finale originally aired back in 2002. But I know how big this show was because of how often it's referenced in Pop Culture. A lot of the popular genre shows from the late 90's-present were influenced the "The X-Files". The show is a GOAT.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Nikkas always hate on Network TV shows so IDK why you so shocked if people are hesitant to check out the X Files. I have yet to watch it, I would imagine it has like 24-26 episodes a season, people complain about filler episodes on cable shows with only 8-16 episodes a season :pachaha:

@satam55 I was 11 when X Files ended and none of my peers watched that show :pachaha:You acting as if X Files was WWE status to kids at the time :comeon: I remember comedy shows like Chapelle Show being popular as a kid, never any dramas, IDK why people get so mad when 90s babies didn't watch The Wire or X Files as we was kids when these shows was on the air.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nikkas always hate on Network TV shows so IDK why you so shocked if people are hesitant to check out the X Files. I have yet to watch it, I would imagine it has like 24-26 episodes a season, people complain about filler episodes on cable shows with only 8-16 episodes a season :pachaha:

@satam55 I was 11 when X Files ended and none of my peers watched that show :pachaha:You acting as if X Files was WWE status to kids at the time :comeon: I remember comedy shows like Chapelle Show being popular as a kid, never any dramas, IDK why people get so mad when 90s babies didn't watch The Wire or X Files as we was kids when these shows was on the air.

"X-Files" was arguably the biggest show in the world at the height of it's popularity. Season 4 it hit 29 million viewers....so yeah, it's very odd to hear someone, especially a young person, say they didn't watch it when it was on, when it was damn near inescapable, between the series, the novels, the comics, the video games, the toys, it being on magazine covers, etc. for almost a straight decade.

You were 11 at the ass end of it's run, so it's understandable that you never seen it, but you also have no concept of how big that show actually was/is.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Meh.

If we're being really honest x-files was good for a 90s show and if you grew up with it youll obviously have fond memories of it. But if you view it from the lens of say someone starting it now, the show doesnt hold up. Overly long seasons where like 70% of episodes are monster of the week fillers are just not up to par with the quality of modern tv shows.

Its a good 90s show but its formula is :flabbynsick:.

Considering how badly the last movie bombed, financially and critically they should just leave well enough alone.

It was a pop culture phenom, firmly rooted in television history but theres no reason to dig up its corpse.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
im 28 and i was too young for the x files and watched the wire throuout its whole run if that says anything. if i was 15-18 in 94 during its prime I woulda watched it then. my grandmother loved it we always used to talk about it i remember cause i liked conspiracy theories

Meh.

If we're being really honest x-files was good for a 90s show and if you grew up with it youll obviously have fond memories of it. But if you view it from the lens of say someone starting it now, the show doesnt hold up. Overly long seasons where like 70% of episodes are monster of the week fillers are just not up to par with the quality of modern tv shows.

Considering how badly the last movie bombed, financially and critically they should just leave well enough alone.

It was a pop culture phenom, firmly rooted in television history but theres no reason to dig up its corpse.

i actually like the monster of the week shows and as well as the early season 1-6 arc. thats when the show was in its prime.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Meh.

You are seriously underselling how powerful the show was; Plus, their "monster of the week" were not insulated episodes as they were directly tied to the story arc for that particular season and had overall consequences for the entire show, and Duchovny and Anderson elevated the material above whatever you just described. The emmy and golden globe nominations and wins are not for bullshyt; the show had very few weak episodes and used so many different tones, including black comedy, hard drama, romance, horror, etc. and not just science-fiction. The show was well ahead of its time and it deserves a proper ending since it never got one.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
From The Verge:

"
You can thank Netflix for the return of The X-Files

The truth is online

By Ross Miller on March 25, 2015 08:30 am

More than 13 years after its last season and seven years after a pretty forgettable second movie, The X-Files is coming back to Fox as a six-episode limited series starring original cast members David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.

The X-Files was a huge hit, even if the later seasons got a bit iffy in terms of quality or even logic. The show won 16 Emmy Awards and was nominated 62 times over nine seasons. It spawned two films, two spinoff TV shows (The Lone Gunmen and Millennium, sort of — there was a crossover episode), various comic book series, and countless fan fiction. Fun fact: the term "shipper" is attributed to X-Files fans who reallywanted to see Mulder and Scully hook up, and is now use to describe fan-craved relationships from Harry and Louis to Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes.

tumblr_lqq2e5K1RV1qeaocj.0.gif

Nostalgia is a powerful emotion. As a species, we tend to remember things more fondly than they ever could have been. For a network, that means reviving old properties will have a built-in audience. It's a safer bet, financially speaking, and the success of last year's 24: Live Another Day miniseries proved it. In some ways, you can thank Jack Bauer for Mulder and Scully's return.

Above all else, however, you can thank Netflix for The X-Files. Back when "Kevin Spacey's bad Southern accent" meant Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Big Red was primarily a haven for people to binge-watch old favorites or discover shows they missed the first time around. (It arguably still is; even if Netflix's marketing push is aimed at its original content, the company spends millions to secure syndication rights of shows like Friends and The Blacklist.) Binge-watching saved Family Guy. It savedFuturama — twice. The X-Files remains a known quantity, and that makes it viable.

So yes, The X-Files is coming back, and it really doesn't matter to Fox if it's good or bad because there's already a whole internet's worth of a fans eager for something new. And if it isn't The X-Files, it's Twin Peaks. Or it's Boy Girl Meets World. It's even Heroes, even though that show had maybe five good episodes and three and a half seasons worth of bad ones.

Do you ever wonder what the Gilmore Girls are up to right now? Keep binge-watching old seasons, and you just might find out.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/25/8285185/fox-x-files-reboot-thanks-netflix
"