"The X-Files" limited series/Season 10 thread (4/20/17 update: Renewed for season 11)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

yfy_zpsskwp68gn.gif

Fred.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Original X-Files Writers Return for Revival

However, Gilligan's involvement appears unlikely.

29 Apr 2015 By Jordan Sirani

x-filesjpg-bfcee8_160w.jpg

Two original X-Files writer-producers are on board for the series' upcoming six-episode revival.
TVLine reports Glen Morgan and James Wong will each write and direct an episode for FOX, with Morgan also serving as an executive producer.

Morgan and Wong collaborated several times for the original series, writing standout episodes such as Beyond the Sea and Home, which IGN ranked the third and second best X-Files episodes of all time, respectively.

The report also mentions that former X-Files writer and Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan is not expected to contribute to the revival.

While you await The X-Files' return, be sure to check out HD versions of the series' early episodes now streaming on Netflix.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/29/original-x-files-writers-return-for-revival

@hexagram23 @kp404

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

sobbing2_zpsepwkwtfo.gif

I had a feeling Gilligan wasn't going to but getting actual confirmation sucks. He's currently writing "Better Call Saul" season 2 and that isn't going to leave time for much else.

I find it hard to believe Gilligan doesn't have a script laying around somewhere he could give them, even an idea or something.

Fred.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
sobbing2_zpsepwkwtfo.gif

I had a feeling Gilligan wasn't going to but getting actual confirmation sucks. He's currently writing "Better Call Saul" season 2 and that isn't going to leave time for much else.

I find it hard to believe Gilligan doesn't have a script laying around somewhere he could give them, even an idea or something.

Fred.
I bet he still calls and give some ideas on a non-credit type thing

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Honestly I hope this is the beginning of a new trend.

I would love it if more classic shows were brought back for one season

Seinfeld
why? as a viewer it looks like the act of re-using a used condom, i can only imagine how an actor would feel revisiting a role they probably wanted to breakaway from.You really think JLD wants to play elaine again? :mjpls:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
why? as a viewer it looks like the act of re-using a used condom, i can only imagine how an actor would feel revisiting a role they probably wanted to breakaway from.You really think JLD wants to play elaine again? :mjpls:

She already did on "Curb".

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
sobbing2_zpsepwkwtfo.gif

Fred.
vince gillian is too busy writing jack and the bean stalk :mjlol: