The Woman King is one of the best movies I ever watched, controversy be damned

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Brits didn't end slavery because they were good guys :mjlol:

Slave labor was cheaper than factory labor so they didn't want the competition.

And after slavery was ended by the Industrial Revolution they proceeded to find a new way to feed their economy by proceeding to steal as much African land as they could to create minority white african countries, colonies, and puppet states that they stole oil, diamonds, and other resources from that made them one of the wealthiest countries on earth.

And the Hitler/Nazi comparison is nuts. Hitler was a white nationalist bent on genocide and conquering all of Europe. The Dahomey were typical slavers and warmongers equivalent to the Ashanti, Nzinga, Mali Empire, Oyo, etc...

This debate on the other hand with Black African History is an internal matter so it's more like Zionists vs Non-Zionist Jewish people.

So if a movie came out celebrating the founding of Israel and what was done to make it happen there would definitely be debate but comparing this film to a film elevating Hitler is absurd. :gucci:

It's not even equivalent to the criminal shows and movies elevating and making heroes out of gangsters in the Black community who do direct and immediate damage to the community but are still financed, supported, and watched by Black people without any real protest.
Not a single person in here said or implied that the British ended slavery out of the kindness of their heart. That's a point that stands on nothing presented. Nobody's trying to Woman King the British:mjlol:

And y'all keep trying to make the Hitler/Nazi comparison about why's and not what's.

Fukk the Nazis make it ANY atrocity. The point is no one is going to accept putting a heroic tint on an opposing atrocity. Hollywood ain't gonna make a movie making the British heroes of the Revolutionary War , but y'all in here lapping this shyt up like the good dogs they expected you to be:manny:

And the only defense y'all have is "Bubu..but the movie says slavery is bad:damn:" meanwhile Dahomey was having buy 3 get 1 free sales on their own people, having slave surpluses and shyt

Again I hope it was worth it:manny: because they're having meetings right now about what they can Woman King next

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
:jbhmm: please help us understand the "ramifications" of this movie doing so well?

Is this the end for black people in America?? White people gonna takeover America now??:lupe:
i literally just said it in the 2nd part of my post you cutout

but you intentionally did that to misconstrue what i was referring to, to make what im saying seem crazy tho:russell:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Not a single person in here said or implied that the British ended slavery out of the kindness of their heart. That's a point that stands on nothing presented. Nobody's trying to Woman King the British:mjlol:

And y'all keep trying to make the Hitler/Nazi comparison about why's and not what's.

Fukk the Nazis make it ANY atrocity. The point is no one is going to accept putting a heroic tint on an opposing atrocity. Hollywood ain't gonna make a movie making the British heroes of the Revolutionary War , but y'all in here lapping this shyt up like the good dogs they expected you to be:manny:

And the only defense y'all have is "Bubu..but the movie says slavery is bad:damn:" meanwhile Dahomey was having buy 3 get 1 free sales on their own people, having slave surpluses and shyt

Again I hope it was worth it:manny: because they're having meetings right now about what they can Woman King next
I'm just waiting for the backlash at this point
Get someone who can speak to regular ppl who's educated
On some Malcolm X shyt
I pray its coming

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I haven't seen it but im looking forward to it. I think the controversy is yet another psy ops campaign being waged on us as a people from the usual folks who don't like to see any type of representation of black people where we actually look halfway decent. I saw Frank Lucas celebrated and made into a celebrity when American Gangster came out by the same people who are now crying about "What about what they did to us as a people?? :damn:"

Frank Lucas did incredible damage to our people, and he is solely responsible for the many deaths and ruined lives and broken families, but these dumbass niccas didn't say a word about that movie. Because guess why?

Because them white folks didn't mind that movie being put out because they love terrible representation of us in movies where we are shown to be criminals and drug dealers.

We got a movie where black people are shown to be warriors and them devils made a controversy and used their agents to push it to keep the movie from being successful, much like they did with the Nat Turner Birth of a Nation movie to keep that from being successful. Movie was an Oscar contender... and then it wasn't.

And we fall for it. Every. Single. Time.

Are you Black American? You really just compared this movie to the Nat Turner movie :camby: .

These folks sold our ancestors into slavery and you want to compare them to Frank Lucas:russ:

Some of you are obviously uncomfortable with holding Africans accountable

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Bro your not even relevant to these conversations. Your east African lol

Your literally here on some “bububu but I’m still some type of black” shyt

Mind your business
i'm here and i'm speaking on it. i can't help you and your dumb ass fragmented world views. that's a limitation you put on yourself

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
He's right you are a dikk riding fakkit that stays talking about issues that don't pertain to you. In here defending African atrocities for what exactly?
i don't give a fukk about your emotions. why don't you silly fakkits get it yet? every thread crying about the same shyt. use the ignore or stfu

quote me defending any atrocities.... just one quote

"issues that don't pertain to you" it's a fukking movie you retard :laff: