The Woman King is one of the best movies I ever watched, controversy be damned

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
I"ll go watch it then. I"ll accept the slice of bread if it means I can fight for bread later.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't even provide an example of this "doubtful nazi soldier" movie that you're sure exists, then premptively accuse me of being obtuse for disagreeing with a premise you couldn't even substantiate????:mjlol: fukk it I'm obtuse then:mjlol:

I haven't seen the movie and I don't intend to. Another poster addressed it already but the idea that you have to watch a movie to know you don't like it is insane. I don't need to bite a shyt sandwich to know I don't want a shyt sandwich

I don't give a shyt how beautiful the cinematography is, how great the action is, the acting etc the movie is built on a disgusting premise. A deliberate lie about Dahomey's intentions crafted for the purpose of "They said slavery was bad tho" is not a good enough excuse

I really hope y'all enjoyed this movie and that this "I don't care how we get it just give me my representation kind white folks:noah:" shyt was worth it:manny:
For one, a recent movie is JoJo rabbit. So your gotcha moment is moot.

Ultimately you’re right. I realized I got caught up without thinking about the logic here. We are arguing about two different things. I’m talking about the merits of a film which I’ve seen and you’re talking about why you don’t want to see the film that you know nothing about. I shouldn’t be arguing about how good a film is because obviously you wouldn’t know.

I’ll let you be. That’s my fault.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Imma let you c00ns have it. :yeshrug:
Look at you, projecting again. You can't even answer why you think Black people can't make our own decisions. You also sat right in this thread and said Black people glorify the drug trade. Really, every statement you made outside of trying to use a movie about Frank Lucas to defend another movie is some c00n statement and you don't even seem to recognize that fact. You sir are the actual c00n. You sir, are projecting your own c00n proclivities on everyone else. You are the one with the low impression about Black people and our own agency. I suggest you deal with your very evident self-hatred.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For one, a recent movie is JoJo rabbit. So your gotcha moment is moot. Ultimately you’re right. I realized I got caught up without thinking about the logic here. We are arguing about two different things. I’m talking about the merits of a film which I’ve seen and you’re talking about why you don’t want to see the film that you know nothing about. I shouldn’t be arguing about how good a film is because obviously you wouldn’t know. I’ll let you be. That’s my fault.
How did I know you were gonna say Jojo Rabbit? The movie about a 10 year old boy? The satirical comedy? I don't know if you googled that movie or what but Jojo Rabbit does not apply as a comparison to your non existent "plenty of movies":mjlol:

I don't even fukk with Jojo Rabbit but there's a world of difference between a movie where a child wants to be something he doesn't understand and eventually learns is bullshyt vs a movie where a group of slavers are portrayed as being against the very thing they actually fought to maintain in real life. But if you didn't Google Jojo Rabbit to try to win an argument you would know that already

I don't look for gotcha moments, you just got caught saying something you couldn't substantiate. Even after trying to correct it:manny:

And I know the entire plot of The Woman King which is why I know "y'all ain't even seen the movie" ain't the intelligence flex y'all are trying to make it. There is nothing that movie does that justifies the Jedi mind trick that undergirds the entire story

Last edited:

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did I know you were gonna say Jojo Rabbit? The movie about a 10 year old boy? The satirical comedy? I don't know if you googled that movie or what but Jojo Rabbit does not apply as a comparison to your non existent "plenty of movies":mjlol:

I don't even fukk with Jojo Rabbit but there's a world of difference between a movie where a child wants to be something he doesn't understand and eventually learns is bullshyt vs a movie where a group of slavers are portrayed as being against the very thing they actually fought to maintain in real life. But if you didn't Google Jojo Rabbit to try to win an argument you would know that already

I don't look for gotcha moments, you just got caught saying something you couldn't substantiate. Even after trying to correct it:manny:

And I know the entire plot of The Woman King which is why I know "y'all ain't even seen the movie" ain't the intelligence flex y'all are trying to make it. There is nothing that movie does that justifies the Jedi mind trick that undergirds the entire story
:hubie: you got it fam. You won. Like I said not going to argue about the merits of a film with someone who didn’t see it. I am simply saying it’s a great film and encourage people to see it if they want to see a good movie.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What events nikka I keep asking and y'all not providing?? :why:

Downton Abbey and Gilded Age are historically accurate period pieces with fictional story lines.

Are you retarded?
Just read below. It’s one thing to make a fictional story line. It’s another to completely lie about a real story (mahomeys selling so many slaves that the British was like holy fukk please stop) and changing it to nah they was good folk who realized the error of their ways.

Again. Show me the movie where hitler saves the Jews
They want entertainment. They don't care about what you're talking about.

You are trying to argue with folks that don't really think too deeply about how they are being represented.

This movie is lowkey disrespecting Black Americans as it casts a Black American woman in the role of slavers that likely mutilated, sacrificed, and sold her ancestors and enjoyed it. These very slavers are seen as heroic and brave.
Exactly

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
The Brits didn't end slavery because they were good guys :mjlol:

Slave labor was cheaper than factory labor so they didn't want the competition.

And after slavery was ended by the Industrial Revolution they proceeded to find a new way to feed their economy by proceeding to steal as much African land as they could to create minority white african countries, colonies, and puppet states that they stole oil, diamonds, and other resources from that made them one of the wealthiest countries on earth.

And the Hitler/Nazi comparison is nuts. Hitler was a white nationalist bent on genocide and conquering all of Europe. The Dahomey were typical slavers and warmongers equivalent to the Ashanti, Nzinga, Mali Empire, Oyo, etc...

This debate on the other hand with Black African History is an internal matter so it's more like Zionists vs Non-Zionist Jewish people.

So if a movie came out celebrating the founding of Israel and what was done to make it happen there would definitely be debate but comparing this film to a film elevating Hitler is absurd. :gucci:

It's not even equivalent to the criminal shows and movies elevating and making heroes out of gangsters in the Black community who do direct and immediate damage to the community but are still financed, supported, and watched by Black people without any real protest.

Last edited: