The Woman King is one of the best movies I ever watched, controversy be damned

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
What about the part that Frank Lucas played in destroying black lives and families? Why weren't you refusing to see that? That was a true story, one that happened only decades ago compared to this Woman King story that happened centuries ago. How come you and others weren't against that movie?
First, where have you seen me discuss that movie. You have no clue what I have said about that movie, or if I have even watched it at all.

Also, my question has nothing to even do with the movie, but your view that Black people can't decide for ourselves whether we will watch a movie or not based on the premise of the movie. You seem to have this idea that the only reason why we refuse to watch the movie is because of White people. You have an outsized view on the influence White people have, and a minimized view on the agency of Black people. Oh, and some Black people did not see the movie you are talking about either. With that out of the way, can you answer my original question about your view of you own people?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Stupid nikkas keep missing the point with this whole Africans sold slaves shyt

And white AMERICAN supremacy is crawling underneath your bickering while infiltrating an anti black male gender war, black women aren’t feminine they are masculine because they’re men are effeminate- agenda

How did they depict black men and their role, in this film. That’s what matters most:gucci:
No that's what matters to you. Everyone with a bone to pick is projecting their own agendas into this movie.

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
Won’t spend money on it for reasons stated but I’ll check it out on one of the putlocker sites once I got some bud later.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Frank Lucas became a celebrity in the black community cause dumbass negroes glorify the drug trade.
We're talking about the movie
Did it glorify drug dealing and just shrug off what he was doing and portray him as a hero?

If America legalized drugs, are you still going to cry then too?

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
So trying to make it seem like it was mainly a Black project is quite a bit disingenuous to say the least. I would say it was more a feminist project, personally.
I said few pages back if you had to boil this whole thing down to one line, this was basically Braveheart for black feminists

Daps
First, where have you seen me discuss that movie. You have no clue what I have said about that movie, or if I have even watched it at all.

Also, my question has nothing to even do with the movie, but your view that Black people can't decide for ourselves whether we will watch a movie or not based on the premise of the movie. You seem to have this idea that the only reason why we refuse to watch the movie is because of White people. You have an outsized view on the influence White people have, and a minimized view on the agency of Black people. Oh, and some Black people did not see the movie you are talking about either. With that out of the way, can you answer my original question about your view of you own people?

Discuss it now. What was your opinion of the movie and your opinion of Frank Lucas? Explain to me why the coli had and still doesn't have any smoke for American Gangster which portrayed us in a negative light and glorified and made famous the life of Frank Lucas, a lowdown scumbag in our community who DIRECTLY destroyed the lives of many of our generation?

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Frank Lucas became a celebrity in the black community cause dumbass negroes glorify the drug trade.
Frank Lucas was a celebrity in the Black community before the movies ever came out. He was also known to be a friend of Malcom X and Mohammed Ali, that is why the movies were made. Also, they never represented him as something he was not. He was represented in his totality, which included the very evil acts he committed. There was no attempt to rewrite his history. Those who choose to make him their hero, made that decision knowing the evil and good he has done.

Last, I see you do have a very low view of Black people just by your statement I have bolded. The entire Black community does not glorify the drug trade. Actually, only a small percentage of the Black community has ever participated in the drug trade. So it seems you are projecting your on propensity to be affected by White propaganda on the rest of us.

Oh, and the biggest drug dealers in the U.S. are White. Also, the largest amount of addicts per capita in the U.S. are White.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Drug dealing is nowhere near slavery
@Neo The Resurrected ONE and all the ppl who say but but but it devastated Black communities

no, poor Black ppl being shut out from jobs and education did that

And I have sympathy for addicts. But they weren't forced into it

Nikkas can't stay on topic
That's how I know you're c00ns

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Discuss it now. What was your opinion of the movie and your opinion of Frank Lucas? Explain to me why the coli had and still doesn't have any smoke for American Gangster which portrayed us in a negative light and glorified and made famous the life of Frank Lucas, a lowdown scumbag in our community who DIRECTLY destroyed the lives of many of our generation?
So you seek to avoid answering my question. I did discuss it in another post to you. I see you are full of it though, because you know damn well my question has nothing to even do with the movie, but your view about how Black people are incapable of making our own decisions without the influence of White people.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What about the part that Frank Lucas played in destroying black lives and families? Why weren't you refusing to see that? That was a true story, one that happened only decades ago compared to this Woman King story that happened centuries ago. How come you and others weren't against that movie?
You're misrepresenting the argument

American Gangster didn't paint Frank Lucas as a hero. The movie didn't even ROMANTICIZE him the way a lot of drug lord movies do. Frank is painted as a hothead whose own family and wife are terrified of him

There's no plot where Frank decides what he's doing is wrong then he subsequently fights to stop.

The Woman King paints Dahomey as suddenly wanting to stop capturing and selling slaves to cacs when the truth is anything but. They had to be FORCED to stop what they were doing

Again if y'all want to see it :manny: but it's setting a horrible precedent, and nikkas deserve whatever comes down the pipe after

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Drug dealing is nowhere near slavery
He knows this, it is just a tactic to support the film no matter what and shyt on those who choose not to support it. He is not arguing from a genuine point, but instead is really projecting his own foibles on other Black people who do not desire to see the movie he thinks is such a Triumph. It seems he feels we do not have our own agency, our own ability to make decisions on an issue without the input of Whites.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
You can't even provide an example of this "doubtful nazi soldier" movie that you're sure exists, then premptively accuse me of being obtuse for disagreeing with a premise you couldn't even substantiate????:mjlol: fukk it I'm obtuse then:mjlol:
:pachaha: Cats are twisting their minds to come up with crazy justifications.

A movie with a "good nazi". I don't even think that shyt will be legal in Germany.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
He knows this, it is just a tactic to support the film no matter what and shyt on those who choose not to support it. He is not arguing from a genuine point, but instead is really projecting his own foibles on other Black people who do not desire to see the movie he things is such a Triumph. It seems he feels we do not have our own agency, our own ability to make decisions on an issue without the input of Whites.
Yup I put him on ignore and I'm out this thread

My Dad asked me if I was interested in seeing the movie and I said no
Now I see all this shyt online
I'm just staying away from it