The Woman King is one of the best movies I ever watched, controversy be damned

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Stupid nikkas keep missing the point with this whole Africans sold slaves shyt

And white AMERICAN supremacy is crawling underneath your bickering while infiltrating an anti black male gender war, black women aren’t feminine they are masculine because they’re men are effeminate- agenda

How did they depict black men and their role, in this film. That’s what matters most:gucci:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Ya see that's the thing. Those war movies are based off of actual historical events.

You and @Uachet have failed to provide what war or historical event this movie is supposed to be capturing.

They basically took a unique African tribe (one that employed all female warriors), historically recreated their milieu (time, place, dress, manners), and came up with a fictional story line.

And y'all angry that this ain't a documentary.

Where y'all got bamboozled is believing all of the misleading articles saying that this movie was based off of a historical event. It's not.
I've placed up multiple websites that discuss the time period the movie covers, a period where the British already had to blockade them to get them to stop slaving, and even that eventually was not enough. One also exposes how they were not even the victims, but the main aggressors against a tribe that was weaker than them, but that was changed up in the movie.

How about you go read those articles or you can continue with your disingenuous arguments. Look, if you want to support the movie, support it. Don't sit here and try to tell us who choose not to support it that we are wrong for not supporting a movie that revises the history of a slaving tribe into some sort of heroes. Also, the only reason why that was done was because the heroes of the movie are women.

I've noticed that you avoided my question about your own morality. Does your opinion on what is considered evil changes based on who is committing the evil acts? I ask, because it seems you expect us to change our opinion on this because some of our own ancestors participated in the slave trade too. It seems to me that you may have a very biased sense of morality, where you will not call an act evil if your side is committing it or you will justify an evil act if the other-side was doing it too. So I wonder, can you understand that some people will call an act evil and not support it even when their own people are participating or have participated in it?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Like regular men who were soldiers. They fought, killed, and died in war like in every war movie ever. Twitter will have you believing they were all emasculated without watching the movie
So through out the movie, they didn’t make it seem like the men were incompetent?

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Ok and? I’d put that in the movie if true. Not make them into the saviors.

This movie is lowkey disrespecting Black Americans as it casts a Black American woman in the role of slavers that likely mutilated, sacrificed, and sold her ancestors and enjoyed it. These very slavers are seen as heroic and brave.
That's how y'all are looking at it. Focusing solely on the terrible parts of their history.

Viola and the Love n Basketball chick are clearly focusing on telling this story from a "black girl magic" I am woman hear me roar angle. It was basically like the braveheart for black feminists

You can definitely see how that is the main focus while paying attention to some of the other sub-themes:
the girl refusing to take part in a forced child marriage by her dad.

The constant flashbacks to when Viola Davis character got raped and wanting to kill the nikka the whole movie

This was way more about black feminism than slavery. Doesn't make it right or wrong but you can see their main focus in this film wasn't even really the slavery

Daps
Reppin
wildcats nation
My ancestors are those that were enslaved in the USA, built this country up, freed themselves, and fought for my right to exist.

I don't relate to Africa. Once my ancestors left Africa on slaveships, we stopped being African.

There's no difference between the Dahomey and a white supremacist slavemaster in my eyes.

:manny:
You can’t , genetically , stop being African. You clown. :pachaha:. It doesn’t matter if you left Africa on a private jet or spaceship. You are African to the end

Tair

Superstar
Daps
That's how y'all are looking at it. Focusing solely on the terrible parts of their history.

Viola and the Love n Basketball chick are clearly focusing on telling this story from a "black girl magic" I am woman hear me roar angle. It was basically like the braveheart for black feminists

You can definitely see how that is the main focus while paying attention to some of the other sub-themes:
the girl refusing to take part in a forced child marriage by her dad.

The constant flashbacks to when Viola Davis character got raped and wanting to kill the nikka the whole movie

This was way more about black feminism than slavery. Doesn't make it right or wrong but you can see their main focus in this film wasn't even really the slavery

I still find it disrespectful to Black Americans.

:francis:

Last edited:

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am gonna come back to address this thread when I have time because some of y’all opinions is way out of a pocket for a movie you didn’t even see. You’re jumping to conclusions based on articles or hearsay that are looking to create controversy or simple minded and misses the big picture of what this film is trying to do. I saw the movie last night and it was a phenomenal movie with a phenomenal cast. This is coming from someone who didn’t even want to see it based on the trailers. The vitriol being thrown towards this film by people who didn’t even watch it is astounding.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO
KNOW ABOUT THIS nikka
AND HOW HE FEELS ABOUT YOU.

:devil:
:evil:

You are so eager to be a victim of something you make up out of thin air.

“Waaaaaah, those people that I never interacted with and never met, don’t like me. I just know it”
:sadbron:

Stop being easily manipulated by propaganda you weak minded over grown baby.