The Woman King is one of the best movies I ever watched, controversy be damned

invalid

Banned
Daps
They don’t have to demand it. Please name a revolutionary war movie where the English are seen having a leader who says “oh let the Americans be free” when we know the real story

Ya see that's the thing. Those war movies are based off of actual historical events.

You and @Uachet have failed to provide what war or historical event this movie is supposed to be capturing.

They basically took a unique African tribe (one that employed all female warriors), historically recreated their milieu (time, place, dress, manners), and came up with a fictional story line.

And y'all angry that this ain't a documentary.

Where y'all got bamboozled is believing all of the misleading articles saying that this movie was based off of a historical event. It's not.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Ya see that's the thing. Those war movies are based off of actual historical events.

You and @Uachet have failed to provide what war or historical event this movie is supposed to be capturing.

They basically took a unique African tribe (one that employed all female warriors), historically recreated their milieu (time, place, dress, manners), and came up with a fictional story line.

And y'all angry that this ain't a documentary.

Where y'all got bamboozled is believing all of the misleading articles saying that this movie was based off of a historical event. It's not.
Stop with the bullshyt. This is a period piece. They are not doing a single unique thing. They are taking actual events with this actual tribe, changing the story to make them heroes when in reality, they were the worst of them all.

So I’ll sit here still waiting for you to tell me another movie that does that. Malcolm going to Mecca for the first time at the end of the movie was false as hell. He went many times before, even with Muhammad. That’s liberty.

Making Malcolm into a man who loved white people the entire time and never went against them would be the flim flam shyt you talking about

Imagine a Klan movie where the Klan is the good guys, freeing slaves in the south. This about what this is

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Stop with the bullshyt. This is a period piece. They are not doing a single unique thing. They are taking actual events with this actual tribe, changing the story to make them heroes when in reality, they were the worst of them all.

So I’ll sit here still waiting for you to tell me another movie that does that. Malcolm going to Mecca for the first time at the end of the movie was false as hell. He went many times before, even with Muhammad. That’s liberty.

Making Malcolm into a man who loved white people the entire time and never went against them would be the flim flam shyt you talking about

Imagine a Klan movie where the Klan is the good guys, freeing slaves in the south. This about what this is
I wonder how these "Rap is Crap" TLR people would react to a movie where drill-rappers save the world.

Tair

Superstar
Daps

They want entertainment. They don't care about what you're talking about.

You are trying to argue with folks that don't really think too deeply about how they are being represented.

This movie is lowkey disrespecting Black Americans as it casts a Black American woman in the role of slavers that likely mutilated, sacrificed, and sold her ancestors and enjoyed it. These very slavers are seen as heroic and brave.

Last edited:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Whole time I just assumed this was a Black Panther spin off for the women warriors :dead:
Come to find out it's a white washed depiction of the kingdom responsible for alot of our ancestors crossing the Atlantic , thanks for giving me a justifiable reason not to support this brehs :salute:
Several states in West Africa at the time were culpable of selling each other. Not just the Dahomey. Some of your ancestors were almost guaranteed to be slave traders or related to slave traders in one way or another

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Several states in West Africa at the time were culpable of selling each other. Not just the Dahomey. Some of your ancestors were almost guaranteed to be slave traders or related to slave traders in one way or another

My ancestors are those that were enslaved in the USA, built this country up, freed themselves, and fought for my right to exist.

I don't relate to Africa. Once my ancestors left Africa on slaveships, we stopped being African.

There's no difference between the Dahomey and a white supremacist slavemaster in my eyes.

:manny: