The Woman King is one of the best movies I ever watched, controversy be damned

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Nikkas is asking how black men were portrayed in this film and the question keeps getting dodged :mjlol: :sas2:

I wonder why :mjgrin:
Most the nikkas angry at the films haven't watched it. It's no different than the Black Panther 2 thread:

I mean look at this shyt. The trailer was only 132 seconds, but somehow they were able to determine that it's an anti-black male propaganda piece :dead:

Facts. They got Angela Basset crying like Mike Brown's mom up on screen and the whole movie reeks of absent black fathers and men. But I can't expect my own people who can be convinced to buy $300 sneakers from a cat who don't give a shyt about them to realize they're being pandered to and used.

You gotta be a youngin —-and thus raised different and completely neutered—-to not see the obvious and overt erasure of the black heterosexual men.

Folk who work in corporate know these 2 words: diversity and inclusion. That’s the new “affirmative action’ except it’s streamlined. They just lump all minorities in that pot. And the pecking order is:

1- women- bc that includes white women too

2- LGBT- bc this includes white men also

3- all other non/black races- bc that includes high ranking Asians who they’d likely hire anyway, plus international students who are all throughout the hiring pipeline already. Easy to meet this mandate with some whitewashed Indians, latinas, Asians, etc who fit right in for those happy hours

4- black women. They would obviously rather hire an ambigous international woman or an asian than a black woman so they’re this low. Yet they fear black women making a stink so they are prioritized over black men

5- Our numbers are already low, plus well got a large segment that’s anti-establishment and won’t participate, plus while all the groups above are wired to be go getters and aggressive, we’re wired to be scary n toe the line and play nice bc we don’t want to scare anyone.

I say all that to say this: white people are ecstatic at the new rules for diversity and inclusion bc it allows them to meet mandates for a diverse workforce while still bypassing who they actually dislike which is black men, and yes that includes movies. You can also apply this logic to why British actors are overtaking black American acting roles as well

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I saw it last weekend. The fight scenes were flat out amazing. I don't know the actual history but it had a good storyline for a movie. My only grip was men where utterly worthless. Overall, still a good film though.

Cornershooter

Banned
Daps
Most the nikkas angry at the films haven't watched it. It's no different than the Black Panther 2 thread:

I mean look at this shyt. The trailer was only 132 seconds, but somehow they were able to determine that it's an anti-black male propaganda piece :dead:
All I see is facts :mjlol: :yeshrug:

What point where you trying to prove

Braman

Superstar
Daps
All I see is facts :mjlol: :yeshrug:

What point where you trying to prove
Ayo :russ: I was confused like ‘why am i quoted I didn’t comment here’. Buddy quote well written thesis’ completely shytting on his point

Hell I’m down too go again, what we doin? who im fighting? :pachaha:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I saw it last weekend. The fight scenes were flat out amazing. I don't know the actual history but it had a good storyline for a movie. My only grip was men where utterly worthless. Overall, still a good film though.
How were the fight scenes compared to Gladiator, Troy, and Braveheart?

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
People have a right to know the history of the media they're consuming. If the characters in that media directly led to their family's torture IRL, people have a right to say fukk them. Y'all keep repeating the dumb point that there were multiple African Kingdoms participating in the slave trade. Who cares? We don't fukk with any slavers. The vast majority of captured people were not clicked in with slave traders, just like we're not clicked in with criminals today. Stop making stupid points. You thought you had one, dummy.

Last edited:

Tair

Superstar
Daps

What did you think about D.W. Griffith's, "Birth of a Nation"? :jbhmm:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Those types argue you to death, then later when the ramifications are felt start talking about, "who could've known???"

We were on code when we wanted to axe the Confederate show HBO was trying to produce, but now people are up in arms because some of us are staying consistent.

They better hope HBO (or another network) doesn't decide to just produce that Confederate show (or a similar show) again because they wouldn't be able to say a damn thing without looking like complete fools.

:dead:
nikkas don't realize the possible ramifications that can come from this

That's cool tho because when their time comes and Cacs start to think of making a heroizing flick on a colonizing controversial Cacs to the Caribbeans/Africans in a movie

Just gotta remember this response they having.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Nikkas is asking how black men were portrayed in this film and the question keeps getting dodged :mjlol: :sas2:

I wonder why :mjgrin:

They’re portrayed just fine. There’s male soldiers fighting alongside the Agojie. There’s only one gayish character and he’s barely in the movie and has no impact on the film. There’s no “absent black fathers”. There’s no wenching neither. Y’all literally making shyt up about the movie.