The Witcher 4 (Project Polaris) in Development | Nearing End of Pre-production |

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
That's why I said that. Elden Ring is a From game and their games have always had shyt combat...it is what it is, and all them git gud nikkas wanna keep that shyt crappy for reasons :stopitslime:

The Witcher's combat has steadily improved over each game, I expect greatness when it drops, no excuse.

Ghost of Tsushima shyts on everything. If CDPR ain't looking a Ghosts for combat, they already dun fukked up.:francis:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
They’re saying its something different, lynx? Which is still a cat but :yeshrug:

Edit—-

I read it wrong, not a new school but a reformed school?

I read somewhere Lynx was fan fiction and not an actual Witcher school.

Cat makes more sense and the storyline is probably going to revolve around reviving the School of Cat.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
The Witcher 4 (for lack of an official name) has officially concluded its research phase and entered pre-production.

Confirmed in a CD Projekt Red blog post, the studio looked back on the first quarter of 2022 and revealed that, during this time, it completed its research for the new Witcher game.

Adding a little more detail in a developer update video (below), CD Projekt Red executive Piotr Nielubowicz said the game has now entered pre-production.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
They need to focus on not ruining this shyt first
The project is on Unreal5. So, they are definitely overcompensating for medieval fantasy setting.

Woods, swamp, villages, and maybe some small ass towns with one giant city...

The more you look at Witcher 3... It's easy to realize that the setting is less technically demanding than cyberpunk.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

FePBhM-WYAANTmW

FePBrUUXwAEBXyB

FePBvaLX0AENeeG

FePBz8EXEAEwwnO

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

hLimsxp.png

Nearly half of CD Projekt Red is now working on The Witcher 4, codenamed Polaris, following the release of Cyberpunk 2077 expansion Phantom Liberty.

Confirmation arrived during CD Projekt Red's latest earnings report, which indicated just under 50% of its development staff was working on the highly anticipated sequel as of October 31, 2023. The Polaris team had grown to 260 members as of July 31, 2023, more than a third of all of CD Projekt Red, but development on the game is ramping up following the release of Phantom Liberty.

The report also has more than 25% of developers listed as "in transfer" as they transition away from Phantom Liberty, and CD Projekt Red has said previously that many of those team members would join Polaris alongside Cyberpunk 2077 sequel codenamed Orion and other projects.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Wasn't Cania the remake?

Pumped for more Cyberpunk but really hope the next one is in third person.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wasn't Cania the remake?

Pumped for more Cyberpunk but really hope the next one is in third person.

Yeah, Canis is the Witcher remake

The Witcher 4 Aims to Go Beyond Current RPGs, Says CDPR; It’ll Be a Good Entry Point for New Fans​

As if on cue, the Italian website Lega Nerd has published an interview with The Witcher 4 Game Director Sebastian Kalemba. Kalemba attended Milan Games Week 2023 between November 24 and 26, where the chat took place. The former Animation Director of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine and Cyberpunk 2077 shared a few interesting details (translated by Wccftech) on the overarching vision the studio has for this new project.

We want to continue on the same path we've taken, but we don't want to make the same game. I think that's a given. We've got some lore elements that must be kept. After all, it is still the same universe, and we can't go beyond certain limits.

Therefore, we must follow a very specific path and innovate on that. At the same time, it's clear that we have to try to appease a new public. The Witcher 4 won't be out for some years, and it'll be a long time since the previous one, so we cannot just target the audience already fond of the saga. We must also build a new community. On that note, I believe I can say it'll be an excellent entry point for many players, without forgetting the long-time fans who still wish to follow Geralt's adventures.

Our priority is always trying to break boundaries. We want to go beyond them. We want to try and do something new compared to what's currently in roleplaying games, especially since we work within that genre and target RPG fans. I can't say too much, as you can guess, but the idea is to build something that surpasses The Witcher 3, telling a more intense story and crafting a more intense gameplay as well.

Kalemba also said the plan is to have lots of player freedom, especially in preparing their character's build, but The Witcher 4 will still follow a specific narrative path. No surprise here, though, as that's to be expected given that this is an adaptation featuring predefined characters rather than an original IP with player-created characters.

Last edited: