The Wire The Greatest TV Series Ever

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Obarth you know I fukk with you heavy but this would be like me saying "it shocks me how many fans proclaim 'The Wire' is the GOAT when 99% of them weren't watching it when it was on". Hell, David Simon even went in on people for doing that.

"BB" just ended a year ago, of course people are still stuck on it. This board will sit here all day talking about how great "Deadwood" is, but completely ignore when David Milch raves about how incredible "BB" is. Or rave about "GOT", but ignore it's show runners calling "BB" the GOAT.

People (not you, saying in general) act like "BB" being a GOAT contender, if not the outright GOAT, is some message board/Twitter shyt, when it's probably your favorite show's, favorite show.

Fred.
But there's nothing shocking about people proclaiming The Wire the GOAT when 99% of them didn't watch it when it was airing because there is no time limit on appreciating art.You're debating popularity as opposed to quality in that regard. In the Booth, the word classic gets thrown around often. I concede that instant classics exist, but when it comes to talking about what's the greatest, a piece of art's ability to withstand the test of time is very important. It's been seven and eight years since The Wire and The Sopranos went off the air, respectively. Their impact is still felt today. People recognize their greatness to this day. People have conversations and debates about those shows to this day. I'm hard pressed to put a series over those two when it just went off the air a year ago.

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just finish the 1st season and witness greatness....Season 2....

wire-mcnulty.gif

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Just finish the 1st season and witness greatness....Season 2....

wire-mcnulty.gif
Watch it again. You may have missed something. I argue that Season 2 and Season 4 are the 2 greatest seasons because they look at the plight of the two areas that capitalism and racism have devastated most of all: workers and education. And Frank Sobotka is one of the greatest television characters ever.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Watch it again. You may have missed something. I argue that Season 2 and Season 4 are the 2 greatest seasons because they look at the plight of the two areas that capitalism and racism have devastated most of all: workers and education. And Frank Sobotka is one of the greatest television characters ever.
Lets just agree to disagree. I watched the marathon on HBO and I'm sitting on all the DVDs (that have been viewed multiple times) and Season 2 is still lacking compared to the other seasons IMO. Ziggy might be the absolute most irritating character ever. 12 years later I still feel the same way.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didnt have HBO til about a couple years ago. When does it get interesting :lupe: Breaking bad, for instance didn't get interesting until Tuco.

HBOGO on XB1 :blessed:
:beli: Breaking Bad got interesting when Walter White ran out the winnebago in his draws to tape his confession with the gun in his waistband.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
:beli: Breaking Bad got interesting when Walter White ran out the winnebago in his draws to tape his confession with the gun in his waistband.
Yea all these late to the party mothafukkas didn't watch Breaking Bad when it started, but that first season was one of the best first seasons in tv history...its was brilliant dark comedy, every episode....

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea all these late to the party mothafukkas didn't watch Breaking Bad when it started, but that first season was one of the best first seasons in tv history...its was brilliant dark comedy, every episode....
Even during season 4 you had people complaining about the episodes where shyt didn't blow up or people didn't die.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Season 3 is:ohlawd:. I mean every season(5th is decent) was great but S3 is some of the best storytelling & acting you'll ever witness, plus it's filled with quotables & the rooftop scene is:to:. "They seen yo ghetto ass comin from miles away nikka"