The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This might honestly be the second worse book to television adaptation i’ve ever seen in my life. Only Shannara Chronicles was worse in absolutely RAPING the source material and creating something just utterly and insultingly different from the novels

Its like the people involved had absolutely NO RESPECT for Robert Jordan’s work. Every single decision they made that deviated from the novels screams “We can do it better”, and they can’t. They REALLY can’t.

Robert Jordan’s widow should be ashamed to have her name attached to this bullshyt. You’d think she’d want her husband’s life work to shown a bit of reverence and respect. But maybe he was a shytty husband or something because there’s GOT to be a reason why they allowed the showrunners to fukk up this man’s Magnum Opus.

I can’t stress how bad this is compared to the books. It might as well not even be Wheel Of Time. Just a terrible CW style imitation.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Breh i’m watching now. 5 minutes into this shyt i’m already pissed off

It gets worse breh. :francis:

Inspired by the Wheel of Time:francis:

Y'all gotta forget about them books. I'm not as invested in them as y'all are so it's easier for me. I enjoyed the finale because I no longer associate what's on those pages with what's on my screen. This shyt will have you pulling your hair out if you can't do that lol. I gotta check out the subreddit. I know they over there having a fit.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Haven’t read the books, but this season was meh to me. I have no idea how the main protagonist is portrayed as being weaker than a co-star — even in the finale. Dude didn’t really get off not once all season. I’m going to watch season 2, but I won’t be watching it weekly. I’ll binge it once all the episodes drop.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Calling it now: this isn't Wheel of Time.:francis:

Sooner or later, we'll all see who the prophet is...

TiDc3x1.jpg

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I'm guessing Rand dipped at the end there, because he was afraid of being corrupted and hurting his friends.

Still more battles to come, with the group having more to do I suppose. Doubt I will be around for it though.

Opening scene was somewhat intriguing, with the 1st Dragon :ld:, but his conversation about making the world better wasn't clear.

I assume book readers would know what that final ship scene meant.

I hope Amazon's LOTR show has better execution.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Finale didn't throw me off the show but can't say I'm hyped for season 2.

Don't know what the fukk is going on :mjgrin:

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
nynaeve being a forever sourpuss..is such a turn off. Annoying character.
And them acting like they were tight :stopitslime:... When in the beginning it was very shallow , fukking whinging all the time.

Maybe I'm just feeling raw cause it just ended.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I haven’t watched this but I heard they said the dragon reborn could be male or female?:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: Idiots missing the point and urgency in discovering the DR. If it could be female then it loses that sense of urgency due to the taint.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
This whole season felt super rushed and the whole finale was just a cliffhanger :dwillhuh:. It's like they ran out of money and filmed the entire episode of a soundstage in front of a green screen. Then they made it go from morning to night is the span of 10 mins to hide the awful CGI. Also, I still don't understand the purpose of some of these characters.

I don't know anything about the source material for WoT but apparently the showrunners for this and Witcher S2 were like

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Finale was weak af. Rand and Ishy didn’t even get busy.

As a book reader, the season was mid……..however, I have to admit, you can see the outside circumstances really affecting the show .

First the loss of actor playing Matt was a big hit to the show, which probably fukked up a few peoples storylines . You can tell Matt was supposed to go against Padin Fain and allow Perrin to go off and have his own story line . I don’t recall Perrin and Fain ever speaking the entire season.

Apparently due to covid they lost their trollloc suit actors and a lot of there vfx team. That explains the shytty trollocs in this episode .

Hopefully season 2 will be more stable .