The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The Aes Sedai can't lie, but they slant the truth. They're never 100% truthful, and manipulative AF. Several characters have already pointed that out.

I don't mind the direction the series is going in, it's just too fast and half the characters are wrong. I think Mat 1 was great. We know his story isn't over, so I'm hoping Mat 2 can keep it up that energy. Parts of Egwene are good, but there's not enough of her...or her playing off of the others enough. She has an interesting personality that comes out mostly around the rest of the crew, and they've only shown a glimpse so far. They're building an entire plotline, and spinoffs over some throw away lines in the book, that never materialize. I didn't hate Perrin in Book 1, but he wasn't a favorite. They have the focus on the wrong things, so my main problem is that the story doesn't need the typical TV Tropes shown. The books have a specific focus, and moves at an interesting pace while covering around 200 different POVs to world build. You can cut out the other 190 characters POVs, or at least give some of their tasks to others. You don't have to switch the ish between the ones already present.

As for those that were actually playing the guessing game of the Dragon Reborn, were you surprised or right with your selection?
It was so obvious from the very first scene in the first episode I was expecting a twist.

In fact, I'm still kind of expecting a twist.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It was so obvious from the very first scene in the first episode I was expecting a twist.

In fact, I'm still kind of expecting a twist.
Now they've picked a person, the way the book did it was this - They gave the history of the breaking of the world and the Dragon Reborn in the prologue, then introduces the first character after description of scenery - Page 1 or early Page 2. When Moraine comes, they do the whole guess who shtick for a while, but anyone familiar with the Chosen One trope already knows from that spoiler.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Now they've picked a person, the way the book did it was this - They gave the history of the breaking of the world and the Dragon Reborn in the prologue, then introduces the first character after description of scenery - Page 1 or early Page 2. When Moraine comes, they do the whole guess who shtick for a while, but anyone familiar with the Chosen One trope already knows from that spoiler.

Also just to piggy back the majority of the first book is from THAT person’s POV. Moiraine maybe gets like 2 chapters where she’s a POV character and if I remember correctly the other two Ta’veren get 2 chapters each. Everything else is from

Rand

So there’s really no “mystery” whatsoever of who the Dragon Reborn is and honestly it wasn’t necessary.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I posted that clip of pregnant Tigraine fukking up those soldiers in the group chat I have with friends and converted 4 brehs into watching this off of the strength of that clip alone. I don’t know how these studios/companies have not figured out this shyt yet

all the streets want is a grand story with good character arcs and amazing fighting sequences with on point choreography where dudes getting their wigs pushed back and legendary heroes actually come across as legendary :yeshrug:

I posted the clip without a description and the notifications went brazy brehs hit the :whoo: “who’s this pregnant shorty fukking up a whole unit? where’s this from breh? WHERE’S THIS FROM? :damn:

meanwhile I was :mjgrin:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Ok with changes. Only so much they can put in 8 episodes
Glad they skipped over the long journey to caemlyn. That shyt dragged like hell especially Mat and Rands part. The stuff with Queen Morgase will probably be pushed to next season. Would have been nice for Perrin to meet Elyas and his wolves. Bring some clarity to what he turning into. Actually thought they’ve done an okay job with nyneve and Lans romance. The green man seems skippable. Wonder what that budget gonna look like when Rand goes off :lupe:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Ok with changes. Only so much they can put in 8 episodes
Glad they skipped over the long journey to caemlyn. That shyt dragged like hell especially Mat and Rands part. The stuff with Queen Morgase will probably be pushed to next season. Would have been nice for Perrin to meet Elyas and his wolves. Bring some clarity to what he turning into. Actually thought they’ve done an okay job with nyneve and Lans romance. The green man seems skippable. Wonder what that budget gonna look like when Rand goes off :lupe:
They will have no choice to but to increase the budget . Im expecting some movie effects by the time DW come around and Rand show these folks what he’s capable of :blessed:.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
See now when I was explaining that I didn't like Egwene in the books, I got the :picard:

Good to know someone else felt the same way.

I’m on my re-read. Egwene is OK from books 1-4 and then she becomes insufferable after that until the ending

The REAL character I can’t fukking stand right now is

Faile. Good LORD is she a fukking annoying bytch. And she literally physically abuses Perrin at the drop of a hat. I can’t believe he didn’t drive his axe into that c*nt’s skull and leave her for Chiad and Bain to weep over

Made Man

All Star
Daps
I’m on my re-read. Egwene is OK from books 1-4 and then she becomes insufferable after that until the ending

The REAL character I can’t fukking stand right now is

Faile. Good LORD is she a fukking annoying bytch. And she literally physically abuses Perrin at the drop of a hat. I can’t believe he didn’t drive his axe into that c*nt’s skull and leave her for Chiad and Bain to weep over
Yea, I’m hoping they cut that character out completely in the show .

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I like Egwene in Book 1-4, then Book 8. But I still haven't gone past 9, so...but overall she's annoying AF. There's no way the boys would ever be friends with her IRL.

Which is one of the changes from the book, I see them making a generic plot point. They weren't really friends IMO or ever close to her, just grew up in same town with some baby flirting as young'ns...and that promise to...