The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think she said 5 originally but eliminated Nyneve when she told Moraine she was 25

I'll rewatch, but I think in the beginning it was 4 from Two Rivers, and the 5th would've been Logain.

I think the Rand and Egwene relationship is gnna be thrown in the back burner, especially if they all think he is dead. I hope there is a time jump .
I hope so. But then they'll prob pair her with Perrin.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Think about what would happen if thousands of nukes went off all around the world on every continent for 100 years . That’s the equivalent to what happen when male channelers went mad. Universities/schools , hospitals , governments and industries would all collapse . I would say look up some YouTube videos on the breaking of the world, but it would probably spoil some things .

Im pretty sure there is no set time when “the wheel will turn you out” again. It’s just your soul, so you probably won’t remember any of your previous lives , but I’m pretty sure you can be reincarnated multiple time within a turning.
Thanks. I feel like asking more, but I don't want to be spoiled so I guess I'll wait.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
This is supposed to be an adaptation of the series, so while no one is expecting a 1:1 translation, anyone using the book readers expecting too much are being intellectually disingenuous at best. Nobody uses that same logic with CBM, other adaptions ranging from video games to literature. Creative liberties? Sure. Complete b*stardization? Nah fam.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don’t even think I want to fukk with the second season. This entire debacle has put a bad taste in my mouth. Jordan deserves better
The material demands better, I agree but we've waited decades for this, can't let you quit after 8 episodes my brother.

Locked away like the Forsaken, waiting for our chance.:mjcry:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Here you go. Daniel Greene is a huge fan, but this is his video on how things came to be. It's basically the prologue, so there are no spoilers with events that happened it the book.

I had to cut it off when he spoiled the thing that I figured out RIGHT at the very beginning of the first episode, but that this thread convinced me wasn't true...
That it was EARTH all along, like some "Planet of the Apes" / Shannara Chronicles future.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I had to cut it off when he spoiled the thing that I figured out RIGHT at the very beginning of the first episode, but that this thread convinced me wasn't true...
That it was EARTH all along, like some "Planet of the Apes" / Shannara Chronicles future.

That's actually not a spoiler. That's completely irrelevant to the story and never gets mentioned again throughout the books...it's just a history of how the dragon & breaking came to be.

Dude is great with what's spoilers and what's not. I started watching the videos a few years ago when I was trying to decide to delve into the books. In his non-spoiler ish, not once did he reveal anything about the characters, or plot points in his several videos. Hell, this is the only time he even mentions that, and like I said, that's the prologue. They could've put that in the opening narration.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Didn't read the book but am a fan of this genre so I wanted to like this show, but it was just mid.

I see book readers are trashing this show too.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Didn't read the book but am a fan of this genre so I wanted to like this show, but it was just mid.

I see book readers are trashing this show too.
Twitter is giving it the beats but on the flip side, there's a lot of people who enjoyed it. I'm glad for anyone who is able to come away with an overall positive since it was such a mixed bag for me.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
IMO, the books really got going once they started to introduce the forsaken , so hopefully the show follows suit .

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
IMO, the books really got going once they started to introduce the forsaken , so hopefully the show follows suit .

But the books at least made you pay attention to some of the characters.....whether it was someone annoying, someone b!tchin, someone cool...the show didn't show enough of that. Mat was the closest to a standout, then Nynaeve, the Inquisitor, and Padan Fain. 2 of them only had maybe 15 minutes of total screen time combined