The Umbrella Academy - Season 2 (7.31.20/Official Thread)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
The father kills me:mjlol:

Diego *throws knife around him to show his powers*:stopitslime:

Pops *takes notes*

Diego- What are you writing?:mjtf:

Pops "you are zero for two young man:unimpressed:

Diego:
tenor.gif
The dad was throwing ether at them kids all season.

Dude made Diego cry at the table in front of his siblings.

*Diego tackles man Diego assumes is his father at the grassy knoll*
*Tackled man hands Diego a note*
*Diego sees that the man is his father's driver*
*Diego reads note* "told you so"

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
That Indian chick Lila is :shaq:

This season gets mad props for not falling into the prequel storytelling trap of we have to explain everything you know in the future.

Hargeaves just was an as—hole. There was no long attempt to show why robot mom was made based on the real trainer. Pogo was an experimental test monkey. No need to go into why he was talking.

He didn’t even seem interested in the fact he would adopt 7 children mysteriously born.

Five was the standout as usual. The Five v Five paradox madness was great.

The only low point was the unnecessary Swedes assassins. Coming off Cha Cha and Hazel having such better dynamics it was tiring.

Last edited:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
This nikka Carl got royally screwed:pachaha:.
Crazy how they tried to make this dude a villian for being upset his wife was munching carpet with the girl he brought under his roof to help save :dead:
One of my pet peeves with this season. They tried to go for the woman empowerment angle. But Carl did NOTHING WRONG. He wasn't verbally abusive, physically-- didn't cheat. NOTHING. Yet that nikka is dead... why?

Sadbrownsfan

All Star
Daps
finished yesterday. I don't really have any real opinion on this season. Cool to see a little background on the "dad" and "mom". Ole girl with the rumor power could have ended all kinds of shyt for black folks. :stopitslime: My biggest take away from this season is the cinematography was amazing at times. There were two shots that I remember distinctly being wow'd at. One was when the handler was standing outside of some building and they color graded it a certain way, it was just dope. And the 2nd shot was when Klause was coming out of the water, it was right before the people walked up to him and put the lei's (sp?) on him. But yeah the cinematography this season on dope.

Also, maybe I missed it, but was the farm lady's husband cheating on her or beating her or something? Dude kind of died in a fukked up way. He wasn't even doing anything bad to the little boy. He was literally going to get him help. :what:The wife standing up there with the shotgun acting like he was doing some wild shyt. :mjtf:Dude was like "what the hell else do you want from me? :why:"

I was waiting for the other shoe to drop with him and it never did. He’s not a particularly attentive husband or father although he was never shown to be cruel. He said things about family dynamics and the condition his son had that people would roll their eyes at today but wouldn’t challenge until decades later. Without context is he a good father/husband in 2020? Probably not but as a white family man In 1960s Texas he’s pretty solid.

he found his wife having a lesbian affair with a woman who ran out in the street like a crazy person that he hit and gave a home. His response was essentially “I’m super pissed right now. I’m spending the day with my friend. Go back to the house, get your stuff, say goodbye, and leave.” I didn’t even get him threatening to send the boy away. Him basically just saying I gave you i home and you’re fukking my wife, you’ve got to go to, nothing else to talk about to be almost a saint like response for what kind of man that has to be in that time and place :dead:

Sadbrownsfan

All Star
Daps
He's leading them now, but when they were kids Luther was the leader.

I think he and the rest were conditioned by the father to view him as the leader since children, he was essentially a figurehead. I think part of his dynamic and why he’s a lot more like able this season is because it apparent, even to himself, that he’s woefully ill suited to that role and is struggling for and identity.

even the rankings were bullshyt and propaganda for the kids. Even if Luther powers were the most apparent early having any inkling of klause and Allison’s powers would have them over him. Communion/manipulation with the dead and mind control are world altering and dominating type stuff, a human/gorilla on steroids is just really cool. Hell, Diego probably has better powers he’s just a dumbass with zero intellectual curiosity so he’ll just settle with being a world class fighter with a knife trick that can do ridiculous shyt when desparate. Luther is probably the lowest powered come to think of it.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I also gotta say fukk Klaus for never telling his siblings Ben was in the room this season. All Ben wanted was for them to know he was there, and Klaus gained nothing for not telling them he was there.
It's not a big part of the story but that in particular KEPT irking my nerves.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I think he and the rest were conditioned by the father to view him as the leader since children, he was essentially a figurehead. I think part of his dynamic and why he’s a lot more like able this season is because it apparent, even to himself, that he’s woefully ill suited to that role and is struggling for and identity.

even the rankings were bullshyt and propaganda for the kids. Even if Luther powers were the most apparent early having any inkling of klause and Allison’s powers would have them over him. Communion/manipulation with the dead and mind control are world altering and dominating type stuff, a human/gorilla on steroids is just really cool. Hell, Diego probably has better powers he’s just a dumbass with zero intellectual curiosity so he’ll just settle with being a world class fighter with a knife trick that can do ridiculous shyt when desparate. Luther is probably the lowest powered come to think of it.

I think it’s the fact Allison, Luther, and Diego followed orders(Allison followed Luther, Diego the robot mom/Reginald).

Klaus, Vanya, Five, and maybe Ben( depending on how he died but we know he hated using his power)were the most uncontrollable.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps

nvm...i cant remember if it was on the show, the comics or just a theory

Last edited: