The Umbrella Academy - Season 2 (7.31.20/Official Thread)

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
yeah I’m on episode 2 now. Me and my girl were talking about how much she could do for the movement if only she’d use her powers. Everyone else is.

but she also represents a writing dilemma. That’s why I respect good writers, because they’d figure out a respectable way to use her without making her OP
Its funny too because in the comics she is like a reality warper and vastly more powerful:deadrose:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
finished yesterday. I don't really have any real opinion on this season. Cool to see a little background on the "dad" and "mom". Ole girl with the rumor power could have ended all kinds of shyt for black folks. :stopitslime: My biggest take away from this season is the cinematography was amazing at times. There were two shots that I remember distinctly being wow'd at. One was when the handler was standing outside of some building and they color graded it a certain way, it was just dope. And the 2nd shot was when Klause was coming out of the water, it was right before the people walked up to him and put the lei's (sp?) on him. But yeah the cinematography this season on dope.

Also, maybe I missed it, but was the farm lady's husband cheating on her or beating her or something? Dude kind of died in a fukked up way. He wasn't even doing anything bad to the little boy. He was literally going to get him help. :what:The wife standing up there with the shotgun acting like he was doing some wild shyt. :mjtf:Dude was like "what the hell else do you want from me? :why:"

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
This show is not progressing in the direction that I imagined it would when I learned the premise

I'll still watch it though but I would have taken a different path with this story & characters

Black people being tortured for civil rights and LGBTQ issues is them trying to tie-in current events while being safe

It's cheap and uninspired pretending to actually say something

I'm 4 episodes in and don't really have the urge to watch Black people being brutalized and repressed lesbians meandering with no real purpose to the plot

Luther and Klaus moping around like a sad puppies are useless also

5 and Diego are the only ones driving a plot

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
This show is kind of a disappointment for me. I mean, it has a really interesting premise, characters, etc; but, it’s just middling. It’s not a great show. It’s not a bad show, but there are the ingredients for a great show here. The characters don’t grow, evolve, learn from their experiences and such. They keep doing the same things over and over and it becomes tropish, and old really quick. They honestly put more thought into the placement of the umbrella in the opening of the show than the overall plot.

Couple examples:

Luther still dumb as fukk. Still the worst and most ineffective leader of all time on some Trump shyt. Show this mofo reading a book, at the library, something. Growing in some way! 2 seasons in and this dude ain’t learned shyt.

Diego still thinks he’s Batman and a soloist, and stay getting his ass best.

And so on.

I’ll watch season 3 when it drops, but I’m not highly anticipating it or binging it when it drops.

Andddddd Ellen Page is a struggle actress. Like really, really bad.

I'm good with them killing off all the characters in Season 3 except #5 & Klaus

Next season will make or break this show