The Umbrella Academy - Season 2 (7.31.20/Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
This show is not progressing in the direction that I imagined it would when I learned the premise

I'll still watch it though but I would have taken a different path with this story & characters

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
On episode 2 now:mindblown:
She could've made those cops forget easily
:mindblown:

yeah I’m on episode 2 now. Me and my girl were talking about how much she could do for the movement if only she’d use her powers. Everyone else is.

but she also represents a writing dilemma. That’s why I respect good writers, because they’d figure out a respectable way to use her without making her OP

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
This show is kind of a disappointment for me. I mean, it has a really interesting premise, characters, etc; but, it’s just middling. It’s not a great show. It’s not a bad show, but there are the ingredients for a great show here. The characters don’t grow, evolve, learn from their experiences and such. They keep doing the same things over and over and it becomes tropish, and old really quick. They honestly put more thought into the placement of the umbrella in the opening of the show than the overall plot.

Couple examples:

Luther still dumb as fukk. Still the worst and most ineffective leader of all time on some Trump shyt. Show this mofo reading a book, at the library, something. Growing in some way! 2 seasons in and this dude ain’t learned shyt.

Diego still thinks he’s Batman and a soloist, and stay getting his ass best.

And so on.

I’ll watch season 3 when it drops, but I’m not highly anticipating it or binging it when it drops.

Andddddd Ellen Page is a struggle actress. Like really, really bad.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
5 episodes deep... as with season 1, i really like this world, and this idea, but i don't necessarily like the characters (I like Klaus the best, i guess?) and i think "stopping the Kennedy assassination" is such a "what's the first time travel idea you can think of" plot to base this season around. there was just a Stephen King show about this. Yet, i still like it.

and that kid #5 is gonna win Oscars one day. dude's an acting prodigy.