The Umbrella Academy - Season 2 (7.31.20/Official Thread)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear netflix got bullet points they send to writers to make the characters on their shows idiots to move the plot

This shyt is DUMB:stopitslime:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
This show is kind of a disappointment for me. I mean, it has a really interesting premise, characters, etc; but, it’s just middling. It’s not a great show. It’s not a bad show, but there are the ingredients for a great show here. The characters don’t grow, evolve, learn from their experiences and such. They keep doing the same things over and over and it becomes tropish, and old really quick. They honestly put more thought into the placement of the umbrella in the opening of the show than the overall plot.

Couple examples:

Luther still dumb as fukk. Still the worst and most ineffective leader of all time on some Trump shyt. Show this mofo reading a book, at the library, something. Growing in some way! 2 seasons in and this dude ain’t learned shyt.

Diego still thinks he’s Batman and a soloist, and stay getting his ass best.

And so on.

I’ll watch season 3 when it drops, but I’m not highly anticipating it or binging it when it drops.

Andddddd Ellen Page is a struggle actress. Like really, really bad.
Luther is not the leader....Five is :mjlol:. Haven’t you been watching the show?

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
5 episodes deep... as with season 1, i really like this world, and this idea, but i don't necessarily like the characters (I like Klaus the best, i guess?) and i think "stopping the Kennedy assassination" is such a "what's the first time travel idea you can think of" plot to base this season around. there was just a Stephen King show about this. Yet, i still like it.

and that kid #5 is gonna win Oscars one day. dude's an acting prodigy.
My sister and I were just talking about this kid. Serious acting chops. I deadass forget he's not actually an old man

Last edited: