The Turkey Leg Hut Got a Dress Code Now

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Let people buy their Turkey legs in peace. Policing wardrobe has to be exhausting, especially when people are paying. Police the profits.
I’m from a city where nice new places don’t usually last more than 2 years before they shut down because it either turns into a mini club or the ratchet spot. We couldn’t even keep a Wet Willies because it turned into the hood hangout spot…. So I’ll never fault a business for trying to maintain a standard.It could literally be what keeps them afloat in the long term.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no idea what the issue is with the dress code. Put on a tshirt and some jeans that fit, a hat and get you a turkey leg.
like i said it's their business, so they can do what they want.

according to this thread they're expanding to multiple cities anyway so they must be doing fine and it probably isn't going to matter in the grand scheme of things.

BUT if that location runs off patrons and doesn't attract whatever clientele that was apparently turned off who they're looking for, then maybe this place is just never going to be whatever they envision it as. like i said, time will tell.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If Trae or John wall came in there with a tank top on, what do they do? The answer will determine if a rule like that is worth respecting

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I'm fine with this. These requests are not coming out of thin air. Clearly the way people dress has become in issue and I'm not saying brothers and sisters have to be dressed to the nines but even coming up in the 80s dressing in your pajamas or sleep wear and going outside was considered done by addicts/alcoholics and prostitutes

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno what "family friendly " establishment serves hookahs on the tables and has loud club music playing in the daytime. Seems like a day party to me. If they don't want people to think it's a club don't advertise it or treat the environment like a club. I was with them until I saw their instagram.

exactly the point i was trying to make lol

like you're either one thing or the other.

if the menu is that good and the atmosphere was really the problem, then the people will come. but just saying "we're family friendly" when it's inherently not isn't going to suddenly have people showing up that were never gonna go there in the first place.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:mjlol:WHAT TYPE OF DUMB
ASS LOGIC IS THIS?

YOURE NOT A WORLD FAMOUS MILLIONAIRE
:devil:
:evil:

Aren’t they also representative of the ‘element’ they don’t want? Gangsta rapper and fake banger bball player? If an exceptions are made for them, it’ll be made for Braden and Molly too.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of black ppl have become Colonized and just want white ppl to accept them..It’s Sad and I wouldn’t spend a dime at this establishment..rather cook in the kitchen of my home..I doubt this business will be around long
Yes, because putting on decent clothes is begging for white peoples acceptance.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was curious in knowing what their food & menu looked like, so I went to Yelp.

People crying about their new dress code rules but ain't saying shyt about their prices???:gucci:

Alfeado Stuffed Shrimp Turkey Leg costs $28??:dwillhuh:

Hennessey glazed Turkey leg is $15?:comeon:

Sides sold separately w/ small sides $5.95 & large sides $7.95?

Although I still have no issue with their dress code, but I could somewhat see why some people take issue with their new policy.

For those of you who have been there and ate their food, please tell me that the food is worth it??

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I’m from a city where nice new places don’t usually last more than 2 years before they shut down because it either turns into a mini club or the ratchet spot. We couldn’t even keep a Wet Willies because it turned into the hood hangout spot…. So I’ll never fault a business for trying to maintain a standard.It could literally be what keeps them afloat in the long term.

Exactly. Once you start letting it turn into a daytime version of Waffle House where it's filled with ratchets is the moment you start getting brawls and shootings and everything gets shut down. Once you give the okey doke that it's fine to twerk on tables and other furniture or you let some guy come in with their rags is the minute things start devolving into a spot that will no longer exist. They have a variety of clientele now, including celebs, athletes, etc., but that will stop if it gets a reputation of being that hood spot where people are brawling and shooting. They can't afford bad press, especially since they are in the middle of expansion.

Last edited:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
It's shameful that a dress code is very necessary. Lots of products of single-mom households don't know how to act in public.

NEVER FORGET

I defended that brotha when he did this but gotdamn, they got some of the WORST customer service you’ll ever experience. I stopped going after I placed a takeout order, got confirmation, showed up on time just for them to say they weren’t doing takeout orders that day. They won’t last long.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL