The Turkey Leg Hut Got a Dress Code Now

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Beginning of the end.

I'm more concerned with mfs getting sent terms and conditions after having to pay a cash app deposit for a reservation though :mjlol:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But Black folks sure do figure out how to dress when it’s time to do Sunday Funday brunch at white establishments.

Got to look good in those photos for the IG stuntin’.

But, when it comes to Black businesses, how we look doesn’t matter. Makes sense to me, I suppose.

I don't think it's a case of people knowing how to act around white folk, but not caring around their own. This particular establishment is going to attract a greater variety of black people, including those that will sag their jeans, dress like a stripper, etc. People who dress "inappropriately" will do so no matter the establishment. I just doubt they are going to white establishments to begin with.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Yes because the black community’s issues will be solved if we all maintained a dress code. Thank you.
There’s a lot of intrinsic problems in our community. Your viewpoints and way of thinking is one of many facets of the issue(s) we face. But you did claim that you were broke so you didn’t really care so I understand (no shade).

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Good.
Black folk need to start having some decency one way or another. It's sad when your "dress code" is regular attire. Put a t-shirt and pants on.
We used to be mad at Cosby for trying to get us to dress like we had some class...now we are Cosby.
And it's not an old age thing, its a pride thing.
When you see people dressed like that you can tell they have no self pride.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
If SaltBae opens up a location in Houston and has a dress code in place, they will figure out how to dress.

Only when it comes to Black-owned businesses that nikkas think it's asking too much to carry themselves like normal people.

Yeah pretty much. I think people just have to start ignoring the mentally ill twitter mob. Most of the people complaining probably haven't ever been to the restaurant, nor will they ever go and the restaurant will be fine.

Turkey Leg Hut is in the middle of expanding and they have customers that include celebs and families. They are also in a battle with the local neighborhood due to things like the lines, the smoke, etc. The last thing they need is to get the reputation of being the hood hangout spot where ratchets are twerking on tables and the local gangs are brawling and shooting it out. All it takes is one incident like a brawl or a shooting to tank their business.

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
Alienate your patrons and possibly lose business. Half the damn restaurant is outside. :yeshrug:Oh well, they should have started out like that.
They already know white gentrification people plotting to run their ass out the Ward.

Oh that bytch called Turkey Leg HUT, like mothafuqqa it's called a Hut:mjlol:
I live there and ain't ever been to that bytch. :manny:

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
Alienate your patrons and possibly lose business. Half the damn restaurant is outside. :yeshrug:Oh well, they should have started out like that.
They already know white gentrification people plotting to run their ass out the Ward.

Oh that bytch called Turkey Leg HUT, like mothafuqqa it's called a Hut:mjlol:
I live there and ain't ever been to that bytch. :manny:

Sorry ass nikka :camby:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Alienate your patrons and possibly lose business.

I think what a lot of y'all don't understand is that business don't want those types of patrons and are fine with losing out on business revenue if it means they can stop those people from patronizing. Some business are not trying to get money from everybody.

Y'all be thinking that's going to hurt the business owners and not realize they don't even want you there in the first place.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who dress up to eat a turkey leg. :mjlol:
i hate to say it, but this. the turkey leg hut is not a wholesome family restaurant lol.

image.jpg

it's food for drunk/hungover people.

it's their place of business, so their rules imo, but i'm not sure if this dress code is going to increase the business like they think it will.

i guess time will tell.

Last edited:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
i hate to say it, but this. the turkey leg hut is not a wholesome family restaurant lol.

it's food for drunk/hungover people.

it's their place of business, so their rules imo, but i'm not sure if this dress code is going to increase the business like they think it will.

i guess time will tell.

I have no idea what the issue is with the dress code. Put on a tshirt and some jeans that fit, a hat and get you a turkey leg.

hu3ypdadon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of black ppl have become Colonized and just want white ppl to accept them..It’s Sad and I wouldn’t spend a dime at this establishment..rather cook in the kitchen of my home..I doubt this business will be around long