The TRUTH about "Learning to Code" part 2 : Finding an entry-level job is nearly IMPOSSIBLE!

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
I get all that. But if I do all that stuff and am still not really guaranteed work, it's a waste. I'm 30. I don't got time to focus on shyt that won't bring in any money. Only reason I'm not just going back to driving trucks and becoming an owner operator is cuz I know eventually I'll get tired of being on the road (which I kinda am now). Skills are important, it's just a matter of what you choose and the success rate in it.
So you're a man who got into it in your 20s and think that attending a bootcamp for a few months is gonna earn you the same stripes that it took others 4+ years at university + internships + projects?? Obviously the only person who lied to you is yourself because any adult with sense knows the knowledge required to be good at STEM degree jobs doesnt come overnight. :unimpressed:

Also coding =/= Software engineering.
You made a calculator? Okay cool, a freshman in college can do that...should they hire him too? :martin:

nikkas like you who want to do the bare minimum and make a fortute, are the worst :camby:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My G,

EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. YOU. SAID.

I have shown these posters what's possible and yet they still run in the opposite direction and hold on to their negative mindsets. Every question I answer turns into another 30 cotdamn questions about
"but, but, what if? ...", or some other negative bullshyt I dont have the desire to entertain and allow it to penetrate my subconcious, nah fukk that.

These lil nikkas are either trolling to push a dissuasion agenda or they're truly hopeless, weak-spirited, bytch niccas who are beyond help

either way, they're on their own, and i'm done giving out game. What's the point? you cant teach ambition.

nikkas better go drive a forklift or something.

I have a strong suspicion that OP is a cac with an agenda, This is like the 3rd thread I know of about this topic and he's always somewhere in the mix. That's not even taking into account, all the post he made in the main IT Discussion threads.

Just ignored the thread and OP. I'm done entertaining his shyt

Its OK.. OP already talkin bout his CDL because he read online you can make alot of money... Of course he has no drive so he will accept the first agency that pay their drivers minimally then come to complain that the industry is a scam

Then he will prob try trading forex cos some youtube ad told him how easy it is, he will spend several months consuming content, actioning nothing, then ... You guessed it..complain

Then he will hear about dropshipping.... Spend countless hours on youtube... Just watching, never actually trying anything l... Set up a free shopify trial... Make a loss then run back to tell us all its a scam

In a year he'll start coding again... And by that i mean he will complete a udemy course then start applyin for jobs

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Its OK.. OP already talkin bout his CDL because he read online you can make alot of money... Of course he has no drive so he will accept the first agency that pay their drivers minimally then come to complain that the industry is a scam

Then he will prob try trading forex cos some youtube ad told him how easy it is, he will spend several months consuming content, actioning nothing, then ... You guessed it..complain

Then he will hear about dropshipping.... Spend countless hours on youtube... Just watching, never actually trying anything l... Set up a free shopify trial... Make a loss then run back to tell us all its a scam

In a year he'll start coding again... And by that i mean he will complete a udemy course then start applyin for jobs

this is why I always vet folks before I wast time talking to them about tech. Everyone think they want to be in tech because they hear about pay, not realizing if you actually not passionate about this you'll be eaten alive, and probably won't make it through an interview loop. And if you aren't passionate there are must less stressful things to do to make a decent living, like picking up a trade.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the reality of jobs in a lot of fields. You have a logjam of guys with a over a decade of experience willing to work for less money than people looking to get in the door. This is going to be the case as companies downsize and merge. Experienced people will be back in the job market.
Not to mention up until recently companies we're bring in tens of thousands of foreigners on visas ever year. Until the Trump administration started making it more difficult for companies by increasing the redtape. This is probably the reason for the increase in jobs and tech wages in the last 4 years alone. My salary has went up 30% in that time.

Along with seeing younger black college graduates get tech jobs right out of college. This probably wouldn't have happened under a Democratic run administration. Because why would companies hire entry level people. When they could just import cheap foreign labor from overseas. Even the Indian body shops in the US are now forced to hire locally in the US.

H1 B Visa Latest News: A month before elections, Trump admin does a surgical strike – wage parameters hiked and visa norms tightened | World News - Times of India

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...35905e-0805-11eb-991c-be6ead8c4018_story.html

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Not to mention up until recently companies we're bring in tens of thousands of foreigners on visas ever year. Until the Trump administration started making it more difficult for companies by increasing the redtape. This is probably the reason for the increase in jobs and tech wages in the last 4 years alone. My salary has went up 30% in that time.

Along with seeing younger black college graduates get tech jobs right out of college. This probably wouldn't have happened under a Democratic run administration. Because why would companies hire entry level people. When they could just import cheap foreign labor from overseas. Even the Indian body shops in the US are now forced to hire locally in the US.

H1 B Visa Latest News: A month before elections, Trump admin does a surgical strike – wage parameters hiked and visa norms tightened | World News - Times of India

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...35905e-0805-11eb-991c-be6ead8c4018_story.html

yeah it restored balance. Lotta folks who could benefit from getting experience at non tech companies IT department, were being cut out because these companies would just bring in cheap labor from sweatshops that pose as consulting companies. Look at what happened with Boeing and them planes crashing. They had cheap sweatshop labor building the applications the plane used.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Have you seen a shift in the cables being used to run to power to lights? I do low voltage and i can see cat6 cable taking over a large portion of your trade. I can power 48 separate lighting fixtures over poe off of 1 outlet.
PoE standards are up to 90W now. I seen actual TVs being powered by PoE switches. Wild

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah it restored balance. Lotta folks who could benefit from getting experience at non tech companies IT department, were being cut out because these companies would just bring in cheap labor from sweatshops that pose as consulting companies. Look at what happened with Boeing and them planes crashing. They had cheap sweatshop labor building the applications the plane used.
I dealt with Boeing once and knew a few people at a satellite office they had in my state. And they damn near used contractors for everything to get out of hiring people full time. Even back then I thought to myself this doesn't make sense to use so many contractors. Because generally contractors don't have much skin in the game. Because they don't tend to stick around very long. This was like a decade ago way before all these problems with the Maxx. I just came way disappointed and got the feeling the place did a ton of stuff half-assed.

They even treated contractors much worse than employees. They weren't allowed to have anything better than a full-time employee. Which couldn't be good for morale. These corporations are being run into the ground by idiot Executives only interested in boosting the stock price.

Who developed the Boeing 737 Max's flawed software? Low-paid temp workers and recent college grads, according to report

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Yep.

people be wanting to get that dope job in a big city right out of school which is impossible for most. You have to be realistic and possibly work in a place you don’t want to to get to the place you want to go. It’s the same mentality in the news business.

This is for most careers. I look around at different peoples LinkedIn profiles and MOST people started with a shytty job out of school.

Suge Knight

MOB
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Federal Prison
I don't believe these statistics.

According to the coli, everyone on here is eating and making 6 figures, driving a 6 series, and got 6 pawgs on deck.Off 6 computer certs

:troll:

Have yet to see a real BREH doing IT work. Its always some lame ass CAC named bryan

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

bytch nikka I been said I had my CDL. Stop posting for the sake of just posting when you don't know shyt

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP is a troll who has no actual real world experience in the industry. If you are willing to put in the work, trust you will eat and have a rewarding career

Makes sense

Like I've said, I actually know many people who found jobs easily

But I've also been told that its very competitive

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
So tell us how many years of real world experience you actually have in the industry to be qualified to tell the "truth" :sas2:

Got smoke for people who "don't know shyt" but don't like it when it's the other way around

You don't know shyt :umad:
got finessed by bootcamps thinking he was gonna be swimming in money when he's done. I highly doubt he has even done any kind of internship with a real tech company. People with actual 4 year+ degrees on this shyt have to have something extra as well in order to have their pick at jobs yet he thinks he's special enough that it should take him a few months and a calculator/tic-tac-toe project to accomplish the same :mjlol:

I have a masters graduate degree and work in tech with actual real world experience yet im the bullshytter to him :dead: