The TRUTH about "Learning to Code" part 2 : Finding an entry-level job is nearly IMPOSSIBLE!

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
To me, tech careers are like professional sports.

Once you have the baseline level of talent, you've got a shot to get in the door. HOWEVER, just showing up to practice and games isn't enough. You have to do the extra stuff. The successful folks (maybe I'm wrong) do side and personal projects, learn new languages etc., to stay sharp. Same way a pro athlete has to watch film, hit the weight room and eat a clean diet.

Revisiting this post. They definitely should do a better job of advertising things that way. Because at the end of the day these are still jobs to most people , not a lifestyle. But it depends on who you ask.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
On one end, tech bros really shot themselves in the foot by advancing a technology that only made things harder for themselves

On the other, there's no way that if OP was a qualified candidate would he have found absolutely nothing related to code in 4 years.
:skip:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
On one end, tech bros really shot themselves in the foot by advancing a technology that only made things harder for themselves

On the other, there's no way that if OP was a qualified candidate would he have found absolutely nothing related to code in 4 years.
:skip:

Oh cuz I'ma wait 4 years for a job from people who don't like us anyway? I'm good