The Trailer for The New Color Purple Film Has Dropped With Taraji, H.E.R. & Halle Bailey || What's ya Thoughts 🤔

Superstar
Daps
I was making a slight example / comparison not an EXACT comparison... :what: do people here use critical thinking here wtf???

do you?

the film includes a mob of wm surrounding sophia & she gets pistol whipped leaving her with underwear exposed as her kids are rushed away. she's disfigured & crippled, sent to prison, then has to go work for a ww and never the same after

your comparison doesn't make sense. white people or men weren't painted as saviors. honestly i don't see what group was painted as all good in this film. even celie did bad things encouraging violence on sophia.

1985-Color-Purple-The-07.jpg

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
do you?

the film includes a mob of wm surrounding sophia & she gets pistol whipped leaving her with underwear exposed as her kids are rushed away. she's disfigured & crippled, sent to prison, then has to go work for a ww and never the same after

your comparison doesn't make sense. white people or men weren't painted as saviors. honestly i don't see what group was painted as all good in this film. even celie did bad things encouraging violence on sophia.

1985-Color-Purple-The-07.jpg

:manny: i said what i said. go waste your money chump.... wont be me...:mjlol:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Don't understand why they needed to remake this. Not even sure if they're able to do justice to scenes from the original such as Shug marching to her father's church to reconcile.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Everybody calm down :beli: I just looked up the cast and from the look of it they're all Black Amer-- oh shyt... I mean "NAU5". Taraji, Ciara, etc. Rest assured we'll be shat on by our own women. NOW! Let's get down to the real issue....

Why is the director a non-J>UB tether?
181340322-Ind-W9-F.png

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Don't understand why they needed to remake this. Not even sure if they're able to do justice to scenes from the original such as Shug marching to her father's church to reconcile.
It's not a remake. It's based on the Broadway musical adaptation, which has never been put on film. Its like comparing the Lion King musical to the Lion King Disney live-action film. They're completely different things.