The Trailer for The New Color Purple Film Has Dropped With Taraji, H.E.R. & Halle Bailey || What's ya Thoughts šŸ¤”

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to be on the stop remakes bandwagon because they all suck. Once I took a step back and asked people around me that were younger than me if they saw movies that I thought were classics and that everyone saw and they responded no, it started to click. These remakes are for the younger generation coming up that most likely wouldnā€™t watch these movies if it wasnā€™t a remake. I think nowadays gen Z donā€™t really go back to watch movies from back in the day like that and when they do they come back with toxic this and that. Not saying they wonā€™t feel that way about this movie. The remakes are just established movies with previous success foolishly recycled for a new generation. Thatā€™s why they keep doing it despite protestations. Theyā€™d rather just bet on old IP because they donā€™t want to reinvent the wheel bc it probably costs too much time to convince investors otherwise. Itā€™s foolish in the long run but itā€™s the path theyā€™ve chosen.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Halle in it so by default Iā€™mā€¦..

B9-E5764-D-2651-4-DB7-8-FE4-A99-BD35-FF875.gif

vino

Superstar
Daps
If I remember correctly, Dreamgirls was released Christmas and made bank. I'm sure this will see the same fate by the cast alone and the nostalgia.

I understand but this is about women trying find strength navigating being raped and abused. Dream girls had an element of singing and women navigating the music industry. This is just very depressing and adapting the musical wonā€™t change that . You would need to be wired different to want to see film like this on the holiday.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Never watched the first one and donā€™t plan on watching this ether. Also, I will never watch that movie ā€œbelovedā€ again that shyt messed me up as a kid :mjcry::scust:

I think I tried to watch beloved as a teen ,,,I never could finish watching it,, I always stop around 20 minutes in ,,,,I guess it just looked depressing or something