The Trailer for The New Color Purple Film Has Dropped With Taraji, H.E.R. & Halle Bailey || What's ya Thoughts 🤔

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
This is releasing on Christmas?!?! Who would willingly watch this on Christmas.
If I remember correctly, Dreamgirls was released Christmas and made bank. I'm sure this will see the same fate by the cast alone and the nostalgia.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
Why would any man here black man specifically watch a movie that is so blatant with it's anti black man agenda???:what: The movie is literally made to denigrate you... save your money let this shyt flop... same way that harriet tubman fraudulent movie came out with outright lies, let this flop too... :hhh:

Can you imagine the outrage of a movie of a black male lead getting abused by a black woman then he finds love in the arms of a white woman???:what: can you just imagine the hate it would receive???:mjlol:
You act like a black woman didn't write this book.

And what do you mean by find love in the arms of a white woman? Nothing like that happens in this.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You act like a black woman didn't write this book.

And what do you mean by find love in the arms of a white woman? Nothing like that happens in this.

I know who wrote this bullshyt...:comeon:

And i was making a comparison with the blatant agenda of the first movie with it's anti black man / feminist agenda... and flip it on it's head. try to fukking keep up!!! :beli:

Daps
This is a film version of the broadcast musical produced by Oprah. Oprah produced the musical years ago when her show was still on the air.

It looks like a good cast, and will probably clean house at the Oscars. It employed many black actors, extras, and black people behind the scenes.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
I know who wrote this bullshyt...:comeon:

And i was making a comparison with the blatant agenda of the first movie with it's anti black man / feminist agenda... and flip it on it's head. try to fukking keep up!!! :beli:
Samuel was a real one though.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
This is a film version of the broadcast musical produced by Oprah. Oprah produced the musical years ago when her show was still on the air.

It looks like a good cast, and will probably clean house at the Oscars. It employed many black actors, extras, and black people behind the scenes.
Were there any major changes between the original movie and the musical?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
double edged sword for me. The Color Purple is a classic all time movie, but brace for the gender warring it will bring. :francis:

shyt's already happening in this thread. :mjlol:

I really just need to know how they handle the scene where Celie almost slits Mister's throat. I knew I had a problem laughing at inappropriate shyt as a kid, because for some reason, "Fixin' ta shaaaaaaaave Mista" took me all the way out. :dead: