The Trailer for The New Color Purple Film Has Dropped With Taraji, H.E.R. & Halle Bailey || What's ya Thoughts šŸ¤”

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I'm not sure how you can watch that trailer and think it's a direct remake of the original movie. Regardless I'm iffy on seeing this, looks more like a musical, I'll check out the OST though.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
color-purple-djdee.gif

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
I mean... it looks good but the original was perfectly fine

:yeshrug:

ETA- I see that this is an adaptation of the musical not the original. I'll allow it lol
Other than singing, are there any story changes in the musical from the original?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On some real shyt -----just truly think about how fukking stupid a movie remake is? :dead:

Like how is the ideal cool? Imagine if they did this with music and other art forms! :dead:

Imagine a nikka coming out to remake the Thriller album! :dead:

Or mafukkas just repainting classical art pieces!

I can understand a spinoff or some shyt!

Musicians do cover songs all the time.
Also there are tons of tribute bands

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
They really gonna turn the lesbian scenes up. They say the book is way more explicit. And since it's 2023, who knows what fantasia and tatarji gonna be doing.
Yep it's pretty graphic in the book and iyiu already know the out to OD on the lesbian shyt. Only a glimpse of men in the trailer to begin with. All colors of men were brutish back then but they gonna make black men seem worse.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Why would any man here black man specifically watch a movie that is so blatant with it's anti black man agenda???:what: The movie is literally made to denigrate you... save your money let this shyt flop... same way that harriet tubman fraudulent movie came out with outright lies, let this flop too... :hhh:

Can you imagine the outrage of a movie of a black male lead getting abused by a black woman then he finds love in the arms of a white woman???:what: can you just imagine the hate it would receive???:mjlol: