The Sun is 400 times larger than the Moon, but also 400 times farther away than the Moon from Earth

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I answered your question clearly and concisely you are just dense.
Nah you didnt at all but its ok because you're not actually trying to understand the question

The question disproves heliocentric theory completely, and have have multiple other extremely simple questions about motion that also disprove heliocentric theory, but since you dont even understand this basic question, theres no point in asking any more until you do

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah you cant answer the question

Maybe try and ask one of your friends to help you understand the question, because right now you definitely dont understand it currently:francis:

Theres a reason youre the only person to take a shot at it in this thread

And please keep the insults to yourself, you're embarrassing yourself enough
Link to your post took me a different thread, and I responded there :francis:

I ain't no scientist, but here's my shot:
That would be the case if the Earth orbited the Sun in a perfect circle, but as far as I remember that isn't the case?

I live in Toronto so if I were to walk outside in mid December at 5PM its dark, but walk outside at that same time in June, it's bright and sunny.

That's why the amount of sunlight varies throughout the year depending on where you are on the earth, but is largely consistent year over year.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
What time should it be 6 months later then?

If I'm standing in front of and facing you, and I spin 360° I'm still facing you.

If I'm standing behind you and facing you, and I spin 360° I'm still facing you
The bold is the part that is confusing yall

If youre standing "behind" the sun, youd actually be facing AWAY from it at noon on july 1, because if you were facing TOWARDS the sun, that would mean that we're rotating either MORE than 360 degrees or LESS than 360 degrees throughout the year

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

If youre standing "behind" the sun, youd actually be facing AWAY from it at noon on july 1, because if you were facing TOWARDS the sun, that would mean that we're rotating either MORE than 360 degrees or LESS than 360 degrees throughout the year
Well, we are not rotating exactly 360° a day, that's why there's Leap Year's.

But, assuming we are rotating exactly 360°...why would you not think that I'm facing you if I'm behind you?

No matter what side of you I'm on, my starting position is facing towards you. If I spin 360°, I'm still facing you

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah you cant answer the question

Maybe try and ask one of your friends to help you understand the question, because right now you definitely dont understand it currently:francis:

Theres a reason youre the only person to take a shot at it in this thread

And please keep the insults to yourself, you're embarrassing yourself enough
Because a true day isn't 24 hours exactly, we time it at 24 hours but its 23:56 minutes. So after 180 days you have gained the 12 hours to offset the difference.

Sidereal Day

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Well, we are not rotating exactly 360° a day, that's why there's Leap Year's.

But, assuming we are rotating exactly 360°...why would you not think that I'm facing you if I'm behind you?

No matter what side of you I'm on, my starting position is facing towards you. If I spin 360°, I'm still facing you
Again, youre not understanding what is being posted

If you look east and turn 360 degrees then youre still facing east

This is a fact that cannot be disputed. No matter how many 360 degree turns you will be facing east

Please explain how a person facing east who makes a 360 degree turn, 180 times can suddenly be facing west after all those full turns?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Again, youre not understanding what is being posted

If you look east and turn 360 degrees then youre still facing east

This is a fact that cannot be disputed. No matter how many 360 degree turns you will be facing east

Please explain how a person facing east who makes a 360 degree turn, 180 times can suddenly be facing west after all those full turns?

You're not looking at it on a large enough scale.

East is a cardinal direction based on Our relationship with the Sun here On Earth.

What we're discussing is the Earth's direct relationship with the Sun in Space.

So, if you (in this case you're the Earth) are facing your home (your home is the Sun) and spin 360° you're still facing your home no matter what side of it you're on

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876

The earth has an eliptical orbit that takes 365 and 1/4 days to orbit. We been knew bruh, this ain't news.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876

East is a cardinal direction based on Our relationship with the Sun here On Earth.

So, if you (in this case you're the Earth) are facing your home (your home is the Sun) and spin 360° you're still facing your home no matter what side of it you're on

He doesn't understand his own question, that's why he is confused by the answer. Or he doesn't understand that a full rotation brings you back to your starting point. The same way some people people mix up 180 and 360 in colloquial terms.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Because a true day isn't 24 hours exactly, we time it at 24 hours but its 23:56 minutes. So after 180 days you have gained the 12 hours to offset the difference.

Sidereal Day
Lets talk about how this also disproves heliocentric theory

Like you said, according to heliocentric theory, a full day is actually 23:56 but we just set our clocks to a full 24 for "convenience"

Lets say that on any random day, the sun sets at 7 pm

23 hours, 56 minutes later, the sun should be setting at 6:56 pm, according to heliocentric theory

23 hours, 56 minutes later, the sun should be setting at 6:52 pm, according to heliocentric theory

Now lets math this out over a month

4 minute deficit multiplied by 30 days(a month)
4 x 30 = 120 minutes of time subtracted from the time of the initial sunset, which was 7 pm

According to heliocentric theory, there should be a 2 hour difference in the time that the sun sets, across 1 month, meaning that a 7pm sunset should be a 5pm sunset 30 days later, and then a 3pm sunset 30 days later, then a 1pm sunset 30 days later, then an 11am sunset 30 days later and so on and so forth

Do you(or anyone in here) actually observe this at all?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl

Again, youre not understanding what im saying, which is why im trying to show you with cardinal directions

If youre facing east and make a full turn, youre gonna continue to face east, redardless of where you are in your revolution around the sun

Youre basically implying that 1 full rotation will always face the sun, which is factually incorrect with respect to how rotation works

Im literally trying to explain what i mean as clearly as possible, im not sure how i can break it down any further without drawing pictures

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
He doesn't understand his own question, that's why he is confused by the answer. Or he doesn't understand that a full rotation brings you back to your starting point. The same way some people people mix up 180 and 360 in colloquial terms.
Please stop quoting me

You tried and failed

Just accept it