The Sun is 400 times larger than the Moon, but also 400 times farther away than the Moon from Earth

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
What if I told you were all already dead 1000 light years away from earth
Stop with this silly shyt

"Light years" dont exist

Theyre a function of heliocentric theory, which i have disproved multiple times with a single question that literally none of you have been able to answer in literally any thread that ive posted it in

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY

"Light years" dont exist

Theyre a function of heliocentric theory, which i have disproved multiple times with a single question that literally none of you have been able to answer in literally any thread that ive posted it in
:ohhh: wow you're right:lupe:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES

"Light years" dont exist

WHAT'S THE QUESTION?

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps

"Light years" dont exist

So the distance traveled after 1 year of going the speed of light is not a valid measurement of distance?

How far is is it then?:mjlol:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
WHAT'S THE QUESTION?
Ok so we can both agree that its scientific fact that time is constant on earth

12 noon on Monday is 12 noon on Tuesday 24 hours later is 12 noon on Wednesday 24 hours later and so on....

Hypothetical:
You walk outside at 12 noon on January 1 of any given year, look up and see the sun in the sky

24 hours later, you walk outside at 12 noon on January 2, look up and see the sun in the sky

Let's start with the earth on the far left on January 1
1*HDhcsCw-NkUyU8BH4ZNjqA.gif

You do this every day with consistency

Fast forward 6 months to July 1 of that same year

Now the earth is to the far right in the pic
1*HDhcsCw-NkUyU8BH4ZNjqA.gif

You walk outside at 12 noon. Why do you still see the sun in the sky?

According to heliocentric theory, we on earth are on the exact opposite side of the sun than we were on January 1, so we should be facing away from the sun at noon on July 1, which means 12 noon January 1 should be 12 midnight on July 1

Can you explain why we dont observe this in real life?

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
For the post above. I'm unsure of what you mean. Whilst the sun remains fixed the planet orbits AND rotates so either way at 12 noon walking outside will look the same, because it is. The planet doesn't orbit the sun in a fixed position. It appears your question is based on a non rotating planet, only an orbital one. This also goes well with the seasons. As the planet rotates it tilts on its axis 22 or so degrees with the northern hemisphere tilting away from the sun during winter and the southern hemisphere tilting towards the sun and vice versa. You also see different constellations in the southern hemisphere than in the northern hemisphere.

The concept of time has nothing to do with your question. Yes time is a manmade construct because it is based on earths orbit around the sun plus its rotation on its axis. A light year is based around how long the light takes to get from the sun to the planet, or how long it takes for light to travel in a vacuum. So it takes 8 minutes (8 minutes of rotation) for the sun to get here. (Dont forget during all this there is still rotation happening)

Last edited:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
For the post above. I'm unsure of what you mean. Whilst the sun remains fixed the planet orbits AND rotates so either way at 12 noon walking outside will look the same, because it is. The planet doesn't orbit the sun in a fixed position. It appears your question is based on a non rotating planet, only an orbital one. This also goes well with the seasons. As the planet rotates it tilts on its axis 22 or so degrees with the northern hemisphere tilting away from the sun during winter and the southern hemisphere tilting towards the sun and vice versa. You also see different constellations in the southern hemisphere than in the northern hemisphere.

The concept of time has nothing to do with your question. Yes time is a manmade construct because it is based on earths orbit around the sun plus its rotation on its axis. A light year is based around how long the light takes to get from the sun to the planet, or how long it takes for light to travel in a vacuum. So it takes 8 minutes (8 minutes of rotation) for the sun to get here. (Dont forget during all this there is still rotation happening)

You dont understand what im asking because youre attempting to overthink your way past the actual question

The planet rotating literally does not matter because according to heliocentric theory it makes 1 full rotation every 24 hours and we're only analyzing the position of the planet once every 24 hours, meaning that the planet will be facing the exact same direction at 12 noon every day when we are analyzing it, even as its rotating

The bold is gibberish that has absolutely nothing to do with my question

I encourage you to try again though :yeshrug:

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
You dont understand what im asking because youre attempting to overthink your way past the actual question

The planet rotating literally does not matter because according to heliocentric theory it makes 1 full rotation every 24 hours and we're only analyzing the position of the planet once every 24 hours, meaning that the planet will be facing the exact same direction at 12 noon every day when we are analyzing it, even as its rotating

The bold is gibberish that has absolutely nothing to do with my question

I encourage you to try again though :yeshrug:

If the planet is facing the same direction every single day then that answers your question. You're confusing yourself by trying to over think your own question. If the hour hand moves around the clock, the hand is moving ( the planets) and the numbers are stationary (the sun) 2 o'clock is still 2 o clock bruh.

You are one of those people who only paid attention to half question wondering how everybody else using a ruler and ur answer is cat.

Why do I have to explain to u how basic shyt work. Can you tell time? You know night time is different from day time right.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
If the planet is facing the same direction every single day then that answers your question. You're confusing yourself by trying to over think your own question. If the hour hand moves around the clock, the hand is moving ( the planets) and the numbers are stationary (the sun) 2 o'clock is still 2 o clock bruh.

You are one of those people who only paid attention to half question wondering how everybody else using a ruler and ur answer is cat.

Why do I have to explain to u how basic shyt work. Can you tell time? You know night time is different from day time right.
Yeah you cant answer the question

Maybe try and ask one of your friends to help you understand the question, because right now you definitely dont understand it currently:francis:

Theres a reason youre the only person to take a shot at it in this thread

And please keep the insults to yourself, you're embarrassing yourself enough

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Yeah you cant answer the question

Maybe try and ask one of your friends to help you understand the question, because right now you definitely dont understand it currently:francis:

Theres a reason youre the only person to take a shot at it in this thread

And please keep the insults to yourself, you're embarrassing yourself enough

I answered your question clearly and concisely you are just dense.